Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60218
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35674
Mojojo33117

Old 11-26-2022, 10:57 AM   #1
ICU 812
BANNED

Encounters: 15
Default President Biden Would Ban all Semi-Automatic firearms

Pump Action AR Style Rifle

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/troy...441027986.html

Lever Action AR Style Rifle

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/m...320?tab=images

Neither one is a Semi-Automatic rifle.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 04:26 PM   #2
LayingPipe
Valued Poster

Biden didn't have a problem changing President Trumps plan to remove all military equipment from Afghanistan. Leaving behind 700,000 assault rifles for the Taliban is ok but law abiding citizens in the US cannot be trusted

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/21/polit...an-afghanistan
LayingPipe is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 04:32 PM   #3
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post

All the “Idiot in Chief” can see is a “scary looking rifle”
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 07:20 PM   #4
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:

um.. are you sure?

they look like they are semi-automatic.

automatic means the round is loaded into the barrel by trigger.
it also means it fires a continuous stream of bullets on one pull of a trigger.

with semi-auto, its loaded by other means.
it also means that it fires one shot at a time per load.

the loading mechanism can be either automatic (M16, M1911, M1) or semi-automatic (Henry rifles and shotguns).

the firing mechanism can be either automatic (M16, M2) or semi-automatic (M1911, M1, AR15).
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 05:10 AM   #5
ICU 812
BANNED

Not sure if you are being sarcastic (which is OK) or mis informed.

"Semi-Automatic" is taken to mean that when a cartridge is fired, the force of that discharge is used to cycle the action. That is, the spent casing is removed from the chamber and ejected, then a fresh cartridge is taken from a magazine and inserted ("loaded") into the rifle's chamber. This fresh cartridge is not fired until the trigger is actuated again. The gun will n ot (can not) fire again until the trigger is released and actuated once for each subsequent shot. That is semi-automatic operation.

Both lever action and pump action rifles and shotguns require a physical input by the shooter to eject the spent casing and chamber a fresh cartridge. They may be said to be "manually operated".

Lever action guns include the iconic Winchesters of the western movies. Pump action guns are most commonly recognized as a major type of shotgun.
The links in the OP lead to an example of either a lever action rifle or a pump action rifle. Neither is semi-automatic.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:23 PM   #6
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

I wasnt being sarcastic.

this came about a research I did when I came across an old advertisement (might have been 1930's/1940's) for a M1911 .45 caliber. this advertisement stated that this was an automatic pistol. I was like, wait, aren't they semi-auto?

so I looked into this. seems that they were talking about the guns auto loading mechanism actuated by the pull of a trigger.

so, i came to the conclusion that there were 4 types of mechanisms involved in some combination in guns.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 03:57 AM   #7
ICU 812
BANNED

Not sarcastic or engaged in parody . . .well let's look at what is the current legal and regulatory situation in this, the third decade of the 21st Century.

Statuette law, The National Firearms Act (NFA), and the BATFE, the agency that enforces federal regulations of firearms, define a semi-automatic firearm as a self-loading gun that discharges once for every actuation of the trigger.

A fully-automatic firearm, aka a machine gun, is defined as a self-loading gun that is capable of discharging more than once for each actuation of the trigger. (BTW, these are, in fact, still legal to own, but are heavily regulated.)

Firearms that require a manual action by the shooter, manipulating a lever, pump, bolt or some other mechanism, to cycle the action are not considered to be self-loading. . . .not even a revolver.

Read all the old advertising you want, the above is the current law and regulation of firearms. Read enough old advertising and you will find testimony from Olympic gold medalist Buster Crab saying that Lucky Strike cigarettes don't make you short of breath.

In the 1920s, machineguns and suppressors were unregulated in any way and legal to own by anyone. You may run across an ad that suggests it would be a good idea for a rancher out in the country to have a Thompson sub-machinegun handy for when strangers come calling.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:27 AM   #8
ICU 812
BANNED

With those clarifications made:

The topic of the OP is that President Biden wants ban all semi-automatic firearms. He declared ownership of a semi-automatic gun to be "sick". The goal is to ban all so-called "assault weapons". That term is not definable. Follow the links in my post. This will adversely affect a large number of hunting rifles and about half the shotguns now legally owned in the USA.. . .and still will not deal with "assault weapons".
Old 11-29-2022, 05:09 AM   #9
ICU 812
BANNED

Anyhone else confused about this stuff?

It is much larger than guns and violence. If "they" casn do this, it will be your car next. In some places it already is about banning your car. Even classic or antique cars are being heavily use-regulated in predominantly progressive states.

Jut wait till home-schooling is made illegal . . .it could happen. During the pandemic hysteria of 2020 and 2021, my progressive brother-in-law (PhD and Professor) was incensed that the Federal government could not take control of the schools in Florida or enforce a centralized national curriculum.
Old 11-29-2022, 04:21 PM   #10
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:

Biden recently made a comment "That it is sick we still ALLOW Semi Automatic Weapons to be purchased in this country". It's obvious Biden doesn't understand the Second Amendment. It has nothing to do with allowing, it's a right. A God given Right enshrined in the Constitution.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:32 AM   #11
ICU 812
BANNED

The progressive-left want total control of our society. They showed their hand during the general societal chaos of 2020 and the mandates of 2021.

I do not think that President Biden formulates policy concepts very much. That is done by those around him at the White House (and some from outside government). Mr. Biden just says what the TelePrompTer brings up.

If anyone wonders at just what the progressive's end game would look like, look to Australia, New Zealand and now Canada.

The Trudeau administration has taken over in near dictatorial powers evident in the sweeping pandemic control of every aspect of society and lately by banning gun ownership on his say-so . . .until legitimized by legislation from a rubber-stamp parliament. That just how Stalin and now Putin have operated to oppress or vontrol most of Northwestern Asia
Old 11-30-2022, 05:58 AM   #12
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
Biden recently made a comment "That it is sick we still ALLOW Semi Automatic Weapons to be purchased in this country". It's obvious Biden doesn't understand the Second Amendment. It has nothing to do with allowing, it's a right. A God given Right enshrined in the Constitution.
A God-given right? I must have missed it in the 10 Commandments or in any other religious doctrine.

And to make it clear -- the 2nd Amendment is NOT absolute. That has been made clear in many court decisions up to and including the U.S. Supreme Court.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 06:39 AM   #13
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

If the average Joe can justify why they need an AR and/or rapid-fire rifle, I'd love to hear their reasoning if it makes any sense. I understand why law enforcement and the military need those weapons, but why the fuck would I need to own and have access to one when I live in a 1st world country?

Hell, where I live, I don't even know why I still have any guns and I just have a few rifles and a 9MM. I don't even hunt animals. Why do I even own them? They just collect dust because I never touch them because I don't need to do so. I should sell them and just buy a baseball bat.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 07:42 AM   #14
ICU 812
BANNED

Not a law expert myself . . .yet I don't think that a requirement to justify a need for any firearm has ever been supported by any court decision at any level.

Heck, it is still legal for a private citizen to own a fully automatic firearm . . .yes, a machine gun is legal to own today in the USA. The same is true for suppressors ("silencers").
Old 11-30-2022, 07:43 AM   #15
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
A God-given right? I must have missed it in the 10 Commandments or in any other religious doctrine.

And to make it clear -- the 2nd Amendment is NOT absolute. That has been made clear in many court decisions up to and including the U.S. Supreme Court.
The words "Shall Not Be Infringed" makes the Second Amendment absolute.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women