Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48374
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
SirReal
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Is Mac now the new Windows?

Its been 2 years since the passing of Steve Jobs.
Has Apple become less committed to quality of product and intuitive functionality? They are selling huge amounts of iPhones and iPads and that helps drag their computers along for the ride. iTunes and the App Store continue to bring in huge revenues.

Now with the attempt to enter into the low end market with the 5c iPhone and lower cost iMacs next year. Is this company reaching market saturation and does Samsung, et all, mean serious competition or is the iStuff integration enough to keep them dominant? What are some thoughts on the future of Apple as a company, Product and Stock Value?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apple_campus_2_sept_13.jpg (154.4 KB, 116 views)
SirReal is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
MooneyFlyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Who the fuck cares?
MooneyFlyer is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
SirReal
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Thanks for your input, it was enlightening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooneyFlyer View Post
Who the fuck cares?
From a $90 share price in Jan 2009 to breaking $700 Sept 2012 to a hard fall to below $400 this summer. Now at $500+ with an average volume of 13.6 million shares trading daily.

That's a lot, and I mean a lot of cash trading hands and outstanding market value that effect pensions and personal investments, it may be a lot of people care.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

I think they are just like any other company. They reach a peak.

Good for steve to bring it back but the black shirt and headset can only last so long.
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #5
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

Been a shareholder since 2001. They've always had innovative products; I work on Macs and have been since 1987.

Apple creates; everyone else tries to copy them and make it cheaper. They're cheaper, all right.

If they ever get the TV done the way they want to do it, the invention of the iPhone will seem like a computer upgrade.

Corralling music companies for iTunes agreements is one thing; getting programming for TV with Time Warner, Viacom, etc. together is a whole different complicated animal.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
SirReal
Lifetime Premium Access

My concerns have been raised as I see significant missteps that have weakened the brand. The change from Google Map to Apple Maps debacle still hasn't been replaced with an app better than the one it replaced. iCloud's sync and editing bugs and inability to manage 3rd party docs drive users away. The shift to new suppliers has contributed to lower battery life, faulty accelerometer level and compass measurements.

The limited improvements if not regression to the iOS7. The search on iOS mail is pitifully limited. The video playback on the iOS7 is not smooth and I have been seeing crashes and lock ups like never before. The spotlight search function on iOS is finding SMS messages that have been "deleted" and display contact and lines of text in the search results.

These are issues that seem to be accumulating instead of dissipating. But I'm not sure if this is wide spread or just my personal experience.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I've had the same issues, SirReal. I could android for phone and tablet if I had to, but I will never knowingly use anything related to MicroSoft. I wish Ubuntu was more user friendly.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
Chainsaw Anthropologist
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
My ECCIE Reviews

I have found that whenever I want a browser that rivals IE for general inefficiency and daily crashes, Safari excels. It might be even worse than IE. Chrome and Firefox both beat them hands down.

c.a.
Chainsaw Anthropologist is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women