Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10
Default TEXAS HEALTHCARE compared

2 years ago I went to a Texas healthcare provider in El Paso and he told me I had toe fungus in the big toes of my feet.
He send me to a podiatrist to take care of it.

I did go to the podiatrist, paid $40 copay and had him look at it.

He told me, I can't give you medication because you have cholesterol medication and then he cut my toe nails.
That was it! + he charged the insurance company $180 for those 10 minutes.

So that is $220 for 10 minutes for nothing but cutting my toe nails.

Then I went to my home care provider in California,

He said this is very common, just quit cholesterol meds 7 days per month and take fungus meds for that month instead and do that for 6 months. The other 3 weeks you can take your cholesterol meds and be fine.

Yes he was right,
Problem solved, and no fungus anymore.

Texas healthcare is BULLSHIT even if you have insurance.
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
2 years ago I went to a Texas healthcare provider in El Paso and he told me I had toe fungus in the big toes of my feet.

He told me, I can't give you medication because you have cholesterol medication and then he cut my toe nails.

He said this is very common, just quit cholesterol meds 7 days per month and take fungus meds for that month instead and do that for 6 months. The other 3 weeks you can take your cholesterol meds and be fine.

Yes he was right,

the healthcare system is perfect we dont need to change a damn thing, ask any republican.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
the healthcare system is perfect we dont need to change a damn thing, ask any republican.
Republicans are really the last people I would ever ask something about healthcare, they really don't care
Just die, that the cheapest.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:

Yes he was right,

The current system isn't perfect. Obamacare is going to be a nightmare. Very soon, if Obamacare isn't repealed, people will look back on the current healthcare system and wish to God they could get it back.

We need to fix the current system, not throw it out and let the government take over. If you think Obamacare is going to be cheaper and provide better quality healthcare, you're dreaming. The government ruins everything it touches. Just look what they've done to California.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
The current system isn't perfect. Obamacare is going to be a nightmare. Very soon, if Obamacare isn't repealed, people will look back on the current healthcare system and wish to God they could get it back.

We need to fix the current system, not throw it out and let the government take over. If you think Obamacare is going to be cheaper and provide better quality healthcare, you're dreaming. The government ruins everything it touches. Just look what they've done to California.

oh ye nightmare monger, what model is your crystal ball ?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
waverunner234
Valued Poster

To be honest Joe Bloe, I don't know what to think of Obama healthcare.
What I do think is that you should not just throw it out.
Fix what is wrong and make it work.

But yes I do think that EVERYONE in the US has the same right to healthcare, whether you can afford it or not!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Thanks for the antedoctal comment Wavy......if the take away (from your experience) is we need more governmnet involvement and control then your the dummy, But I think your story proves the point that empowering consumers to shop, be responsible, be knowledgeable, and don't depend on an industry (government included) to solve your problem is the best lesson learned.....

Thanks for sharing.

BTW; even with ObamaCareTax, there will be a large portion of Americans who are under-insured, just like before.....

Quote:

Yes he was right,

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #8
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Thanks for the antedoctal comment Wavy......if the take away (from your experience) is we need more governmnet involvement and control then your the dummy, But I think your story proves the point that empowering consumers to shop, be responsible, be knowledgeable, and don't depend on an industry (government included) to solve your problem is the best lesson learned.....
Good idea, go shop for healthcare, just forget about Texas and go to a state where they have real healthcare the way it should be.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #9
waverunner234
Valued Poster

I wonder why COG haven't reacted yet, usually he's the first one to react on what I post.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Nap time for Ole COG...........

Quote:
I wonder why COG haven't reacted yet, usually he's the first one to react on what I post.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Wave that's because our healthcare system is set up as a "fee for service" based system and not a "preventative, results" type system. There has been a steady decline in Doctors who really care about their patients and give sub par care these days. I believe that the new health care law will make an attempt to rectify this. I agree with you, the new health care law is a step in the right direction and what we should be doing is working the kinks out and making it better. For once I would like to see these Medical Schools do a better job of training physicians and teach them about talking with their patients and giving them some real time and information that could help to prevent diseases and ailments. It just seems most of the doctors we have now want to make a quick buck and rack up insane charges for their time regardless of patients overall health or outcome. Have you noticed that if you have more than one issue going on with you that most doctors will tell you they can only do one appointment per issue now? They want you to come back for each separate ailment instead of addressing everything at once in one sitting/appointment. Its all to rake in cash off the patients.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #12
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Hey anyone still investing in gold?
Its $1591 per ounce now. I guess all those people who bought last year for $1900 ++ are pretty pissed for months already.

Just don't forget that I warned you!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #13
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensia View Post
Have you noticed that if you have more than one issue going on with you that most doctors will tell you they can only do one appointment per issue now? They want you to come back for each separate ailment instead of addressing everything at once in one sitting/appointment. Its all to rake in cash off the patients.
Fortunately my doctor here in CA doesn't do that.
But yes in Texas they did, and then the terrible waiting times in TX ..............
Old 07-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #14
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Fortunately my doctor here in CA doesn't do that.
But yes in Texas they did, and then the terrible waiting times in TX ..............
I agree Texas is god awful and I blame a lot of that on our good ole Governor Rick Perry and his predecessor.

Anyway it is hard to find a really good doctor here in Texas nowadays. The old timers from a different era are retiring and some of the really good doctors are moving out of Texas, some even moving out of this country.

I had 3 really good doctors that I saw (every one of them was Jewish..lol), and they all moved, and I got stuck trying to find someone who gave the level of care they did. Have yet to find the doctors who can match these doctors quality of service and care and concern for the patient.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #15
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensia View Post
I agree Texas is god awful and I blame a lot of that on our good ole Governor Rick Perry and his predecessor.

Anyway it is hard to find a really good doctor here in Texas nowadays. The old timers from a different era are retiring and some of the really good doctors are moving out of Texas, some even moving out of this country.

I had 3 really good doctors that I saw (every one of them was Jewish..lol), and they all moved, and I got stuck trying to find someone who gave the level of care they did. Have yet to find the doctors who can match these doctors quality of service and care and concern for the patient.
I'm really sorry, I know how you feel.
You won't find those doctors in TX, but most likely in CA, Oregon or Washington state, and Arizona is trying to catch up.

Just so you know ................. Texas has the worst history of health care in the United States.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women