Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48372
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Default Obama’s Looking for the Moron Vote

TYRRELL: Obama’s looking for the moron vote

Re-election depends on blind loyalty

By R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr.
-
The Washington Times

It has been a very rough patch for Our President, and I do believe it is going to get rougher still. Do not be surprised as the month goes on and August runs into September, that his campaign budget becomes tighter. President Obama is spending more money than he is raising. It will get worse. A president who mismanages the federal budget the way Mr. Obama does cannot be expected to manage his campaign budget much better. Lavish spending, it turns out, is a way of life for the community organizer who became our 44th president. The lavish spending on campaign 2012 will be looked back on and seen as one of the campaign’s greatest weaknesses. He can spend the money, but my guess is he will not be able to raise it.
Yet this week, he had other headaches, too. This week, Politico finally reported the dissension and backbiting within the campaign that have been rumored for weeks. You will be hearing a lot about this in the weeks ahead. The magical team that David Axelrod and David Plouffe put together in 2008 is falling apart.

At the American Spectator, we reported years ago that this team was in reality the greenest pack of greenhorns ever assembled to take over a White House. For more than three years, the mainstream media have covered for the Obama galoots. It is a perfect example of the Taranto Principle, by which the mainstream media’s biased reporting only encourages liberal excess. Well, now Mr. Axelrod and Valerie Jarrett and the rest of Mr. Obama’s minor figures who aspired to be major players are at each other’s throats. It will fall to the president to gather them up and lead them to one more term in the White House. Except that as Ron Suskind demonstrated in his excellent book “Confidence Men,” Mr. Obama does not lead. He cannot. He just walked out on another meeting.
There is more. Niall Ferguson dominated the cover of Newsweek to tabulate the carnage that is our economy. He also added up the foreign-policy failures of the administration. It does not look good. Mr. Ferguson rather rudely asked Mr. Obama to “Hit the Road, Barack.” Finally, the president reported that his dog Bo is overweight and will be going on a diet.

So, with all this drear, Our President hastily called a news conference the other day. He has not held one in months. Mr. Obama attempted to say that his charges that Mitt Romney has been responsible for at least one death and is a tax cheat were not outside the “bounds” of presidential discourse. “If you look at the overall trajectory of our campaign,” he said, “and the ads that I’ve approved and are produced by my campaign, you’ll see that we point out sharp differences between the candidates but we don’t go out of bounds.” Actually, if Mr. Romney is responsible for all the misdeeds Mr. Obama has laid to him, he should not be running for president. He should be behind bars.

Lately in Washington, the scurrilous tone of Mr. Obama’s campaign has made even the mainstream media uneasy. They again launch into their false theater about how “both sides do it and oh, woe is us.” They cite the Obama campaign’s claims about the dead woman and Mr. Romney’s taxes. They mention Stephanie Cutter, Mr. Obama’s deputy campaign manager, who charged Mr. Romney with a “felony” for the way he exited his business connection with Bain Capital. Then they bring in their examples of the Republicans’ excesses. Inevitably, they go back to 2004 and the charges that Sen. John F. Kerry, then the Democratic candidate for president, had his war record mangled by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and other Republican apparatchiks. Though wait! The swift boat veterans spoke the truth. They even relied on taped congressional hearings before which Mr. Kerry charged his fellow combatants with war crimes. His problem was his record in Vietnam, not the swift boat veterans’ allegations. The mainstream media also trot out an allegation about Mr. Romney claiming that the Obama administration is “gutting” welfare. Two Republicans, they say, were among the governors who asked for some sort of waiver on welfare. The Republicans deny it. It is all pretty thin gruel.

Let us come to the point. Mr. Obama is reaching out to his very own special constituency. It is composed of those who believe that the Republicans would put up as their candidate for the presidency a person who in his business life would engage in fraud, tax evasion and even murder. Mr. Obama is casting his net for the moron vote. I do not believe there are enough morons out there to re-elect him.

Read more: TYRRELL: Obama's looking for the moron vote - Washington Times

joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
timpage
Account Disabled

I agree with the premise that there are not enough morons out there to re-elect President Obama. They'll be voting republican.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Timmy, that's why Obama is courting them.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
timpage
Account Disabled

Obama is courting the independents. Although I don't know that there won't be more than a few republicans voting democrat this go-round. The current weirdness and extremism of the GOP, coupled with Romney's lack of likeability, is going to drive some of the moderate repukes from the herd.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

If the morons vote he will be a sure thing....But which one???
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
If the morons vote he will be a sure thing....But which one???
The morons are instinctively drawn to Joe Biden; they know he's one of their own. Obama chose Biden to lock in the mouth breather vote.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
The morons are instinctively drawn to Joe Biden; they know he's one of their own. Obama chose Biden to lock in the mouth breather vote.

not sure how much more "mouth-breather moron" you can get than romney/ryan

romulan was running on an economic platform, and preaching the (soon to be) approaching demise of the counntry .... its clear he made it thorugh to some of you just from reading this board

so what does romulan do? picks a vp with a budget that shores up the economy in 40 years, not to mention damn near every republican in congress voted for said budget ... the entire GOP married a budget,and vp that totally kills their strongest talking point ... brilliant.

add privatizing medicare to the above economic epiphany and you get the bullit that blows their other foot off at the ankle

watching the righties try and ignore romulans stupid shit politics, and convince themselves everything is fine and dandy in LaLa land is TFF
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #8
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
not sure how much more "mouth-breather moron" you can get than romney/ryan

romulan was running on an economic platform, and preaching the (soon to be) approaching demise of the counntry .... its clear he made it thorugh to some of you just from reading this board

so what does romulan do? picks a vp with a budget that shores up the economy in 40 years, not to mention damn near every republican in congress voted for said budget ... the entire GOP married a budget,and vp that totally kills their strongest talking point ... brilliant.

add privatizing medicare to the above economic epiphany and you get the bullit that blows their other foot off at the ankle

watching the righties try and ignore romulans stupid shit politics, and convince themselves everything is fine and dandy in LaLa land is TFF

So Romney is a moron? He has an MBA and a law degree from Harvard. He built a hugely successful company. He took control of running the Winter Olympics, when it was failing, and turned it into a success. I'm pretty sure a stupid person could not have done what Romney has done.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
CJ7
Valued Poster

yep, Romulan is a moron, at least from a political standpoint ... and you ignore the fact
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
yep, Romulan is a moron, at least from a political standpoint ... and you ignore the fact
You are a moron from EVERY standpoint. That's probably why you love Obama so much.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
You are a moron from EVERY standpoint. That's probably why you love Obama so much.

care to comment on the republican plan to save the economy in 40 years or not?

do you approve of their proposal?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:

then you are saying Obie is a shoo in....
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
then you are saying Obie is a shoo in....
Only if 51% of the country are morons. I think we're getting close.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #14
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Only if 51% of the country are morons. I think we're getting close.
ignoring my question joe?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #15
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
ignoring my question joe?
Ryan's plan is routinely crticized from the left for cutting too much. Now you're complaining that he's not cutting enough?

Politics is the art of the possible. If Romney-Ryan proposed every cut necessary to balance the budget over night they would lose in a landslide. They have to govern with the consent of the governed.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women