Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 10-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33
Default First the debate. Now the jobs report.

OK. All but the fanatics believe Mitt won the debate.

Now comes the jobs report:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...st+Articles%29

The report is released tomorrow.

If job growth is weak, does the lead Obama recently built disappear, so the race becomes deadlocked?

If job growth is strong, does any bump Mitt got from the debate disappear?

What say you?
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Job growth, just like unemplomet reports, get revised a day or two later but you seldom hear it in the MSM.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

If the numbers deviate significantly from consensus expectations, it will be interesting to see whether they have an effect on the race. But the campaigns may have so many moving parts that it will be hard to tell the extent to which any short-term reaction arises from the employment report, or from other factors. It may be particularly interesting to observe the ways in which the respective campaigns try to spin the numbers in order to capitalize on the news or mitigate political damage, as the case may be.

A better-than-expected number would obviously be at least a slight plus for the Obama campaign going into the last month. Conversely, one would think that a poor number would be an unambiguous plus for the Romney camp. But here I have a slightly contrarian opinion. If the report is perceived as a disappointing one, and people get the sense that the economy is getting worse, Obama will try to appeal to economically insecure voters by stressing that he's the compassionate, empathetic candidate who better understands the struggles faced by the middle class and the working poor. After all, he's tried to get away so far with claims that Romney plans to raise taxes on the middle class in order to offset tax breaks for the affluent.

Whether that would work very well is obviously an open question, but I think it's possible that such an appeal could be at least somewhat effective.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #4
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
Job growth, just like unemplomet reports, get revised a day or two later but you seldom hear it in the MSM.
Usually it's a month or two later. But it will be past the election by then.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #5
LexusLover
Valued Poster

That was the experience in 2000. BLS used the September stats for the October report (they were the same the time) and the AFL-CIO was pissed .... its stats showed a significant downturn in jobs for the last half of the year....but the administration was reporting growth.

In addition the BLS changed the methodology of defining and factoring the categories/groups.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Real unemplolyment is still in double digits no matter how many jobs may or may have not been created last month.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #7
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

It's out spin it...
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Come on boys, tell everybody how bad this report is...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Poor Romney cn't get a break- does an great job on the economy debate and 2 days later a jobs report comes out: Friday's monthly jobs report changed the picture of the U.S. economy in more ways than one, showing the unemployment rate fell to the lowest level in more than three years and hiring was stronger than originally reported throughout the summer.

Romney has to be the unluckiest guys because this has got to be the worst news for him- he had all the momentum going his way then BOOM- the jobs report!!!!

And to make it worst- Romney does a 180 on the 47%- sometimes I think Romney is trying to blow this election on purpose- you just can't make this shit up!
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
And to make it worst- Romney does a 180 on the 47%- sometimes I think Romney is trying to blow this election on purpose- you just can't make this shit up!
Are you saying that Romney was against the 47% before he was for them? And the Wing Nuts said John Kerry was a flip-flopper. Mitt Gaffeney has redefined the term!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #11
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Are you saying that Romney was against the 47% before he was for them? And the Wing Nuts said John Kerry was a flip-flopper. Mitt Gaffeney has redefined the term!
And Odumbo promised "transparency" and "non-partisanship"!?! Did Odumbo flip-flop, or did he just plain-ass lie?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #12
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

This jobs report is like Rosie Ruiz. Maybe she wanted to place highly in the Boston Marathon but she cheated and did so well that everyone started looking at her. The administration wanted desperately for jobs to appear but they went so far as to look unbelievable. I am sure that .1 % would have been believed, maybe even .2 % but .4 %? Give me a break. You have to come up with 600,000 new jobs in one month to achieve that! Obama and his people went too far and created satire.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #13
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

This is about Romney and his inability to hold a position ... Even doggie! Even you remember doggie, DIPSHIT of the YEAR.

OK, here's my third guess, stock boy at Wal-Mart!

As you might suspect, there's a pattern emerging here, asswipe, I suggest you step up and let us know how you make that big American wheel of fortune turn, or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

My suspicion is that you're part of the 47%, wallowing in self-loathing and unable to get into your neighborhood card games ... Or lynchings ... Because you're a worthless fucking parasite... The one house on the block with the overgrown yard and 78 Mercury up on blocks.

You disgust us all!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #14
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
More dribbling bullshit-blather from the pile of bullshit AKA Assup!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #15
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
This is about Romney and his inability to hold a position ... Even doggie! Even you remember doggie, DIPSHIT of the YEAR.

OK, here's my third guess, stock boy at Wal-Mart!

As you might suspect, there's a pattern emerging here, asswipe, I suggest you step up and let us know how you make that big American wheel of fortune turn, or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

My suspicion is that you're part of the 47%, wallowing in self-loathing and unable to get into your neighborhood card games ... Or lynchings ... Because you're a worthless fucking parasite... The one house on the block with the overgrown yard and 78 Mercury up on blocks.

You disgust us all!
DIPSHIT OF THE YEAR!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women