Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
test
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60274
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48406
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41328
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35745
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 12-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Tori Hastings
Account Disabled

User ID: 113461
Default Photography Discrimination Trend?

(I hope this thread won't get mean or ugly. I'm just curious.)

••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••

I understand a client has his preference on the types of women he likes and wants to see, but as a professional photographer to a client/subject?

Here's the conundrum:

So far I have noticed two photographers on this board who will not photograph women who are not "in shape" or who consider themselves "voluptuous", "thick" or "bbw".

I'm curious as to their reasons why they would not be willing to photograph all types of women.

One photographer advertises "must be in shape" and "between the ages of 18-25" and the other doesn't advertise preference, yet in an email said he doesn't photograph bigger women.

My opinion is that it shouldn't matter if the photographer is or isn't attracted to the subject or if she is too old for him or not, as long as he gets his money and she gets her professional photos.

Providers, what are your feelings on this? Do practices like this dissuade you from doing business with those types of businesses?

P.S.

If there are legit photographers on this board who are willing to photograph all types of women, please feel free to send me a pm. I will be touring after the holidays, and will be needing new photos and can probably go most places for a great photographer.

Thank you for reading my post and hopefully I will get some insight as to why this seems to be an ongoing trend.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
gimme_that
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Maybe they photographers feel as if its "extra work" to pleasantly photograph and sheild problem areas on bigger ladies. Maybe they don't want to be associated with false picture advertising.......in photos similar to a lady stomach being significantly smaller in a corset......or visual non existent in classic shots where her stomach is always shielded and covered. Maybe they aren't comfortable adequately representing other types of body types via their work

Maybe the photographer wants more motivation visually to stimulate his interest in providing the best pics. If he is turned off under the lens......will he adequately represent you.......or just be going through the motions......

Maybe he hopes and assume his client is gorgeous beyond belief...and is maybe short on her photo fees as he holds on to a "hope" she may need to make a "special deal tailor made for his
benefit" .......
Old 12-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
Megan Love
Account Disabled

User ID: 9625
My ECCIE Reviews

I photograph anyone who asks....

http://www.mymegan.com/gallery/4
Old 12-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

There's really no way to answer for the actions of another. The reason could be that he/she has been burned before by larger ladies who don't like the end result and contribute negatively to their reputations. Or, that this is not their primary market and they do it mostly for fun rather than profit. Or, they simply don't think they can give the lady what she wants.

I only do photography as a hobby, so, when a lady didn't like her photos because they didn't adequately disguise her girth, nothing was lost but my time (which is actually pretty valuable since I have very limited "private" time to shoot ladies). Since I'm not a pro, I readily admit that I only ask ladies I find attractive or know well, or want to know to pose for me, but again, I'm not doing this to make a living (nor do I ask for "trade" by the way).

I read an account by a pro on a photo forum once about a bride who made him re-work the wedding photos four times, each time trimming one to two dress sizes from her frame. This sort of thing can be a real problem when photographing providers since accuracy is paramount.

Photographing some people is easy, with others it's just more (sometimes too) difficult. Erotic photography of larger women is a very specialized genre that few attempt. One of the best known studies is by none other than Mr. Spock himself: http://www.amazon.com/Full-Body-Proj.../dp/0979472725. This book would be a great place to start for photographers who want to "get their arms around" this issue.

Another challenge in the hobby is photographing ladies who don't want to show their face for privacy reasons, there's only so much you can do short of blurring etc., which compromises composition (IMO).
Old 12-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
Tori Hastings
Account Disabled

User ID: 113461

Oh Megan, I think I'm going to have to visit Nashville to come see you for photos. I really love the footie pics! You do a very good job.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
Budman
BANNED

Encounters: 19

Maybe they want to barter services and so they only want to photograph those that they are attracted to.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
Shayla
Account Disabled

User ID: 63158
My ECCIE Reviews

Some of them probably use it in their portfolio and the more "in shape" women are more pleasing to the eye.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

By the way, with no intention to hijack your thread, one interesting bit of "discrimination" I've noticed is quiet the opposite. My muse, Lindsey Lacey, is the lady I've photographed by far the most, I love the "old Hollywood" type B&W and she is a natural in dress, pose etc. for that. She is quiet the opposite of BBW, with a very, very low body fat percentage. Yet, it's amazing how often the photos I post of her provoke very thoughtless, sometimes crude remarks about her physique. Far more openly critical than I've seen anyone comment about a lady being heavy.

We all like different things, beauty is absolutely in the eye of the beholder and photography is very, very subjective (hence it's being such a controversial subject here and virtually everywhere). I look forward to seeing your new photos when you find the right photographer(s).

If we look everywhere for insult, that is where we will find it, likewise with beauty.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #9
hd
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

I've done nature photography for years, but always refuse weddings and portraits b/c of difficulty making them happy with the outcome, plus I don't like the pressure to produce for someone else. Doing large women will have problems of hiding features they're not pleased with, slim women will also have features they do not want to show. Also I've learned from photographing my dogs (one of them black), lighting is a big factor in bringing out features, this will be the same problem in shooting black women, especially in the nude. Black, white, brown and yellow, big, small, each has it's own technic.

Being in the digital age now, at least you don't have to wait a few days for the processing, you know right now if what you took is good and can still improve with some the software.

But I think it's just the preference of the photogragher, you shoot what you like, that's all there is to it.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
saintsFanChris
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Interesting... sounds like they are sharing their pics with a website that needs a certain body type.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #11
saintsFanChris
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd View Post

[snip]

But I think it's just the preference of the photogragher, you shoot what you like, that's all there is to it.
Another possibility and perhaps a more likely one.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #12
LynnT
Account Disabled

User ID: 63731
My ECCIE Reviews

They are only in it to shoot the "pretty girls" the "guy with camera". The camera is an excuse to get the pretty girls.. all women deserve good photos, you dont have to be super pretty to have nice photos nor a perfect body. A real pro will pose and light what suits their body type best to get the best photos they can.

Its unprofessional IMO. If you advertise as a professional it doesnt matter what one looks like its a job you are paid for.

Now if its for trade or just for fun then by all means shoot what you want, this is where selective should come in.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #13
alluringava
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 67814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori Hastings View Post
(I hope this thread won't get mean or ugly. I'm just curious.)

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I understand a client has his preference on the types of women he likes and wants to see, but as a professional photographer to a client/subject?

Here's the conundrum:

So far I have noticed two photographers on this board who will not photograph women who are not "in shape" or who consider themselves "voluptuous", "thick" or "bbw".

I'm curious as to their reasons why they would not be willing to photograph all types of women.

One photographer advertises "must be in shape" and "between the ages of 18-25" and the other doesn't advertise preference, yet in an email said he doesn't photograph bigger women.

My opinion is that it shouldn't matter if the photographer is or isn't attracted to the subject or if she is too old for him or not, as long as he gets his money and she gets her professional photos.

Providers, what are your feelings on this? Do practices like this dissuade you from doing business with those types of businesses?

P.S.

If there are legit photographers on this board who are willing to photograph all types of women, please feel free to send me a pm. I will be touring after the holidays, and will be needing new photos and can probably go most places for a great photographer.

Thank you for reading my post and hopefully I will get some insight as to why this seems to be an ongoing trend.

I for one would NOT see a photographer who had those kindof discrimatory and cruel words. He DOES have the right I suppose to choose whom he wants to photograph but so far I have never seen one in my hometown, or rarely if EVER, states that he will not photograph 'women who are not in shape.' God forbid if he sees that patch of cellulite on my ass or something even though I'm in shape, is he gonna go and tell me to get out because my butt isn't what he wants it to be?

Between the ages of 18 and 25? So he doesn't like older women? Then that leaves me out. And that would leave HIM out for business. He's just limiting himself and hurting his own business with those particular sets of 'rules'. I'd give any photographer who says stuff like that a wide berth.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #14
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

Yeah that a load of BS because I see lovely drool worthy boudoir photos of curvy ladies, so it their loss.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #15
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

A professional photographer shoots whoever is paying the tab . . . its his/her job.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women