Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162418
Yssup Rider60254
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48405
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41315
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35723
Mojojo33117

Old 06-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
GingerB
Account Disabled

User ID: 29594
My ECCIE Reviews
Default What is the best site to BID on Hotel Rooms?

I've been using Priceline for years.....and I DO have to say....I've gotten some GREAT deals using them.

But for some reason.....it seems that some of the 4 STAR hotels have dropped off their list for taking bids?

I've tried Hotwire....but they do not seem to offer the number of Hotels that Priceline does. Besides that....the website is not NEAR as user friendly.

Does anyone know of a good BIDDING website for hotels? I do prefer 4 Star....and usually what I go for.

Hugs!
GingerB
GingerB is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Tony Patella
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

Ginger

Priceline and Hotwire are still the best two sites. What you're seeing is an upward trend in prices, and a downward trend in availability based on occupancy and rising costs of doing business.

There are still some great deals out there, but location, days and volume make all the difference. I suggest you go to Hotwire, scope out the choices in the area and star level you want, for the dates you have in mind, and then go to Priceline and start your bid at 30% less. (Remember, you can only bid the same criteria once every 24 hours, unless you change either your dates, areas or star levels.) This strategy has proven successful for me in my travels, although recent months have been a bit tougher to get a super deal. Regardless, it's still less expensive than booking through normal channels.

Try www.kayak.com to take a one glance look at hotels in your chosen area, and you'll see what open market rates are.

TP
Tony Patella is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
Fiero
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I've used Hotwire for years with good success...although I feel like quality of the hotel has gone down a little lately...like what used to be 2.5 stars is now 3 stars. One thing I like about it is that if you use it regularly for the same general locale you can start to identify some of the hotels after awhile so less risk taking when you buy.

I've also done something similar to what TP suggests and it's a good approach.
Fiero is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
NeedingMore
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

I always reference biddingfortravel.com to see what other get rooms for on Priceline. Also, make sure you get the Travelzoo top 20. There are always huge discounts in that weekly email.
NeedingMore is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
Tara Evans
Account Disabled

User ID: 679
My ECCIE Reviews

I love expedia
Tara Evans is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
TexRich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Priceline hands down.
TexRich is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:10 AM   #7
fun.time.hobbyist
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32

I'd say priceline is still the best option. I've had some really good luck there. I've also used the Vegas tip trick to score upgraded rooms once I check in when I felt like a nicer room. I slipped the guy a $20 that was under my cc. I then asked for a non smoking king bedroom. Recently, it scored me an upgraded king suite on the club level. This was at $55/night at a 4* hotel.
fun.time.hobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #8
MaxiMilyen
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 823
My ECCIE Reviews

In my experience these sites are great for checking prices. I had some serious issues where the site didn't pay the hotel and the hotel continued to charge my credit card for the fee. It took me about 6 months to finally get this transaction cleared up. Also, the sites really don't offer less of a rate than actually calling the hotel itself. If you use the site, they tend to charge you a $30, or more, service fee for using them. So now I check the prices on the sites, then find the number of the hotel I choose, call them myself to book and get the same rate without the fee or the hassle.
MaxiMilyen is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #9
HoneyRose
Account Disabled

User ID: 112
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
One thing I like about it is that if you use it regularly for the same general locale you can start to identify some of the hotels after awhile so less risk taking when you buy.

Fiero, this is a great comment. If anyone wants to reap the benefits of group input and find out what the hotel is likely to be BEFORE you bid, here's a resource I love:

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=544&

If you use their site to access hotwire or priceline, it will help BB stay in business.
HoneyRose is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women