Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 06-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85
Default The Right Wings viewpoint on Mandates.

Ok even after the aftermath I hear many politicians and I guess diehard republicans say the Government should have no right to issue mandates for health care and healthcare should be something that you choose to have or not to have- so if that is true then please answer the following:

1) Should I not be required to carry car insurance without getting a ticket or a fine?

2) Can I choose not to pay taxes for a school if I have no children that is attending that school?

3) Should the government on both the city and state level be able to tax individuals for roadways and highways if they don't own an automobile?

Honestly, where do we draw the line? Why do republicans have no problems with certain mandates and yet not others?

Also is it technically a mandate that men when they reach 18 they have to register for selective service or risk facing a penalty of not being able to access student loans, job training, and government employment? And if I am not mistaken at one time in history if you didn't register you were subject up to 5 years in prison or a heffy fine.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Ok even after the aftermath I hear many politicians and I guess diehard republicans say the Government should have no right to issue mandates for health care and healthcare should be something that you choose to have or not to have- so if that is true then please answer the following:

1) Should I not be required to carry car insurance without getting a ticket or a fine?

2) Can I choose not to pay taxes for a school if I have no children that is attending that school?

3) Should the government on both the city and state level be able to tax individuals for roadways and highways if they don't own an automobile?

Honestly, where do we draw the line? Why do republicans have no problems with certain mandates and yet not others?

Also is it technically a mandate that men when they reach 18 they have to register for selective service or risk facing a penalty of not being able to access student loans, job training, and government employment? And if I am not mistaken at one time in history if you didn't register you were subject up to 5 years in prison or a heffy fine.

I hear Barney Frank is very fond of "mandates"
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I hear Barney Frank is very fond of "mandates"
Lol- good one but at least Barney is open with his sexuality unlike The former Republican Senator Larry Craig who was foot tapping in an airport restroom hoping to get a "mandate"
Old 06-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

This post reveals his little your understanding of government and taxation is.

Item 1. In Texas you do not have to have insurance to drive, only prove you financially qualify (drivers can self insure) . Additionally, individuals can opt out and not drive. Something that ObamacareTax doesn't permit individuals to do.

2. No. Property taxes are not a government imposed contract with private sector e which ObamacareTax is.

3. This isn't what ObamacareTax is doing, it dictates that everyone must enter into a private contract.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
CJ7
Valued Poster

Larry Craig wants to know ... is blowing a dick in a shitter a "mandate"
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
This post reveals his little your understanding of government and taxation is.

Item 1. In Texas you do not have to have insurance to drive, only prove you financially qualify (drivers can self insure) . Additionally, individuals can opt out and not drive. Something that ObamacareTax doesn't permit individuals to do.

2. No. Property taxes are not a government imposed contract with private sector e which ObamacareTax is.

3. This isn't what ObamacareTax is doing, it dictates that everyone must enter into a private contract.
Item 1 is wrong- WW- what must you show to get your license tags renewed? also what MUST you show in the State of Texas to get your vehicle inspected- basically to drive a car on the road in Texas that is properly registered you must have insurance - you can't legally get your vehicle inspected or tags renewed if you don't show proof of insurance- so how is that not a mandate? Can I tell the TXDOT that I don't want insurance and you think they will issue me new tags???? Would you not agree that your vehicle inspection and tags are a tax????
Old 06-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

User ID: 126013

Romney said he likes mandates..oh but wait, that was before he was against them..lmao

http:// http://m.youtube.com/?reload...?v=1dSy9G_4_Uk
Sexyeccentric1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

You just have to prove financial responsibility. Self insurance is an option.

From the Texas insurance web site.

http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/si/index.html
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1 View Post
Romney said he likes mandates..oh but wait, that was before he was against them..lmao

LMFAO I can't wait to get the popcorn out when he debates Obama on Healthcare0 his state ad a mandate and Romney is on record saying he believes it should go national: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbLTovqG29g and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7PG4j2K0dA
There's no way out of this- you can't deny RomneyCare and Obamacare are nearly identical.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1 View Post

I sorta feel sorry for the guy. Ok, that's a lie. Nevertheless, how awful it must be to have to go around telling everyone how horrible your law is that you signed as your signature achievement.

Imagine if Obama now went around talking about how horrible the mandate is, and how the law is a job killer, and it's a tax increase on the middle class blah blah blah for the sole purpose of trying to get re-elected.

I can only imagine what Olivia would be saying about him. Good thing for Mitt Romney that he didn't beat Hillary Clinton in the primary.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #11
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:

From the Texas insurance web site.

http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/si/index.html
WW are you talking about health insurance or auto insurance??? The state of Texas requires you to have at minimum auto liability insurance: http://www.thegeneral.com/car-insurance/texas/
Here's more proof: What mandatory auto insurance laws exist in the state of Texas?

In the state of Texas, you must carry the minimum amounts of liability insurance on every car that you own.
Before you register a vehicle in the state of Texas, you must provide proof of insurance.
The minimum liability coverage required by Texas Law is $25,000 for bodily injury or death to one person per accident, $50,000 for bodily injury or death to two or more persons per accident, and $25,000 for damage or destruction to other property in an accident.
Texas drivers also have the option of posting a financial bond to become self-insured rather than purchase auto insurance.
Proof of insurance must be carried in the vehicle at all times. If you are caught without insurance, you will be fined anywhere from $175-$350 for a first offense, and the penalties increase with the second, and third offenses. On the third offense, your license will be suspended.

http://www.autoinsurancetips.com/tex...s-requirements
Either way WW you can't merely drive a car without having some sort of insurance- basically it's a mandate in my eyes.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Remind me to not let some drunk driving Texan total my car and put me in a coma for a few months.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post

1. You are not required to drive. Get a bicycle

2. You are not required to own property. Rent.

3. If you own a property the gubment must provide certain services to you (dog catcher, water meter reader) and must have roads on which to reach your residence. If you rent you don't pay those taxes and get to be a "free rider".

The issue, to some, with the health care tax is that it cannot be avoided. If you're alive you must pay.

On the selective service issue you have a point, though registering alone does not guarantee you must serve. If you win/lose the lottery (goes to viewpoint) you must serve. But I suppose you have the option to emigrate, say, to Canada. Eh?
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

By the by, I am not claiming right winger status.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #15
jcase5848
Account Disabled

Encounters: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
1. You are not required to drive. Get a bicycle

2. You are not required to own property. Rent.

3. If you own a property the gubment must provide certain services to you (dog catcher, water meter reader) and must have roads on which to reach your residence. If you rent you don't pay those taxes and get to be a "free rider".

The issue, to some, with the health care tax is that it cannot be avoided. If you're alive you must pay.

On the selective service issue you have a point, though registering alone does not guarantee you must serve. If you win/lose the lottery (goes to viewpoint) you must serve. But I suppose you have the option to emigrate, say, to Canada. Eh?
Duc,
If you ride a bicycle you must by law wear a helmet which requires you to buy one or steal one - maybe someone can "give" you one...but let's assume you have to "buy" one...isn't that forcing you to enter into a private contract with Academy Sports?

And re: 2 & 3: renting doesn't mean you don't pay property taxes you just don't see the line item in your "rent". The property owner is paying taxes and at a higher rate than a single family property owner would. Those "taxes" along with his overhead go towards determining your "rent". It's like saying, "don't buy a book, go to the library where it's free"....it's not "free" your taxes are paying for it.

Just saying man...
jcase5848 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women