Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > Coed Discussions - Upstate New York
test
Coed Discussions - Upstate New York Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163024
Yssup Rider60667
gman4453278
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42377
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36780
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
NormalBob
Account Disabled

Encounters: 156
Default WNY Viability/Purpose of ECCIE?

I have my exit plan in place but for you guys and gals that will be here for the coming months to years, I thought I would throw out an observation.

In talking to a variety of providers, it seems like they don't get much attention from eccie members. It appears that in this area, e com kicks eccie's axx in a way that matters to the providers.

ECCIE should be proud of how quickly the list of showcases has grown to about 28 great Independent providers now flying their flags here.

For perspective, there were three just three months ago.

So what is missing? It "feels" like eccie has a couple hundred WNY guys registered.

What do you think? This is opinion time.

Why is it that the providers aren't getting a sense that eccie is doing much to help them with scheduling visits?

It's time for some lurkers to speak up too by the way.

Or, am I simply wrong?

The providers that are happy with the interest that gets generated by eccie should consider speaking up.

Personally, e com reviews are worthless to me. I've been extremely happy with finding my way around through eccie and it's predecessor.

What needs to happen differently so that the next wave of provider-crazed hobbyists have a home worth coming back to here?
NormalBob is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
GP
Premium Access

Encounters: 27

I think it is a "nature of the beast" type of thing. E.com is more of a one stop shopping deal. You login, the menu is there and easily searchable. I do agree however that their reviews to me are almost worthless. ECCIE is for hobbyist who like to do more in-depth research. I think the functionality of searching on eccie is limited, but improving as well as the showcase. Now if you could take the best of both and combine e.com and eccie......
GP is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Encounters: 1

Most of the Provider Ads in ECCIE are viewed 150-350 times. That's great free advertising. The ShowCases give the ladies another web presence. Finally, the reviews here are much more credible and influential than those in E.com.

Speaking for myself, ECCIE is a much more important "consumer guide" than E.com.
jackfengshui is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
cravenmorehead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 80

I had a membership to e.com for a few months and found it to be worthless .
ECCIE and it's predecessor in WNY are a much better resource.
cravenmorehead is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
sorvad
Gaining Momentum

I think what this site is missing is the volume of showcases. That seems to be changing. I predict more activity in the future. Also, e.com is more mainstreamly named.
sorvad is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #6
cnym
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

I have been told by more than one provider that they get a lot more business out of ecom than eccie. One of the reasons is that the business travelers that are not members of eccie find it much easier to use ecom.
I am a member at both and check both. You are correct, reviews here are much better and a lot more informative. You will know what to expect. I have written reviews at ecom and use a totally different tone of review.
I have also found out that I can not trust the reviews at ecom
cnym is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
iggy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67
Default I feel the answer is really simple

Ecom has been around longer and has coverage ECCIE has yet to gain.

Here in the Capital District I have been beating the bushes to try and get providers to sign up, with some success, however not nearly enough.

Hell I just talked a provider from your backyard (Syracuse) into joining. Dont just look in your area, where ever they come, get them here.

Ecom is more popular in not only this area but the entire North East. The ladies use it as their main source, so that is where the Hobbyist goes as well.

We Need more Providers, local, Traveling what ever, get them on here and the hobbyist will follow . Until we get the ladies to use this site it always be behind Ecom in upstate and the N/East , sadly to say.

Get out there and beat the bushes, every Provider u talk to, from what ever site, get then here!!

Iggy
iggy is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
NormalBob
Account Disabled

Encounters: 156

This thread drifted a little.

My observation is that the eccie men aren't providing much business for the providers and that that apparent fact may harm the long-term value of the WNY board.

So the focus of my question is why? Why are eccie men generating much traffic for the providers that are here?
NormalBob is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
MajorHands
Premium Access

Encounters: 104

Well in one instance, I became interested in a provider through eccie, but the contact had to be through e.com (BabyChinaDoll)...there may be more situations where the provider has a false sense of the origin of interest. For me, both sites are complimentary...perhaps the message should be that it's essential for providers to have a presence on both....
MajorHands is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #10
remix
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Well in one instance, I became interested in a provider through eccie, but the contact had to be through e.com
I think this can be an issue as well. I noticed as I was reading a review recently here that contact was through e.com. It may have been Majors. Also, keep in mind for a lot of us this site is only 3 months old. I had my doubts when I signed on after ASPD, but I think the site has made major strides since I've been here.
remix is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
Charno3
Premium Access

NB- I may be missing something, but I don't think you can thoroughly analyze this without info that only the ladies have: What % of their mtgs are with eccie members? Profiles of nonmembers: are they from outside of CNY/WNY? Are they frequent business travelers? Do they travel nationwide or primarily to Upstate?
Is eccie more of an intimate, community-like site for us locals, whereas e.com, with its name recognition, appeals more to those who not only visit multiple cities, but also don't spend much time hobbying/researching online? "One-stop shopping" as GP said?
You got me thinking too hard on a Saturday.....
Charno3 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #12
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Most of us use both ECCIE and E.com. The label "ECCIE men" seems inappropriate.
jackfengshui is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #13
MajorHands
Premium Access

Encounters: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfengshui View Post
Most of us use both ECCIE and E.com. The label "ECCIE men" seems inappropriate.
Inappropriate? Perhaps not, but clearly not entirely accurate.
MajorHands is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #14
Doove
Valued Poster

I don't really see any viability issue with this at all. The same was said, i think, when comparisons were made about e and aspd - that girls got the majority of their clients from e as opposed to aspd. But that was certainly not what doomed aspd.

I think GP pretty much nailed it. It's simply the nature of the beast. For me, e.com is for nothing more than looking at ads. Period. Here, looking at ads is pretty far down the list of things i do. E is for finding the girls, and eccie is for getting information about them (and even that's only a small part of what we all do here). In large part that's all from the mere fact that the girls have a more continual presence there than they do here, even with the showcases - which don't exactly jump out at ya the way the ads do on e. That, and the fact that there's far more in the way of other items here to keep our interest.

I think even most of us might tell a girl that we saw her ad on e, even if we also told her we saw her reviews here. Leading her to likely get the sense that we came to her through e.com.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #15
remix
Valued Poster

Quote:
E is for finding the girls, and eccie is for getting information about them
Doove, this statement nailed it for me.
remix is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women