Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41517
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35882
Mojojo33117

Old 09-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2
Default Romney's Tax Returns

Is the real reason he won't release them that the Mormon church will find out he's been cheating them on his tithes?

I don't know very many Mormons - are they anal about shit like that?

Just asking - don't want to start a firestorm...

Has this theory been discussed already on here or in the mainstream media?
trynagetlaid is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

I doubt it.

The only reason anyone wants to see them is to try and make him look like a out of touch rich guy which plays into the class warfare narrative.

It's just to distract from BO's poor record..
TheDaliLama is online now   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Yes, it's possible, but not too likely. It has been mentioned. The Mormons are pretty strict about it and use guilt to enforce it. You cannot be a Mormon in good standing or enter the church buildings (especially the main temple) if u don't tithe.

More likely they used lots of offshore tax havens and iPad less than 15 % tax many of those years they don't want to release.

The "class warfare" actually goes the other way. “Based on IRS figures, the richest 1% nearly tripled its share of America’s after-tax income from 1980 to 2006. That’s an extra trillion dollars a year. Then, in the first year after the 2008 recession, they took 93% of all the new income.* Wealth is even more skewed. The richest 10% own 83% of financial wealth, which they’ve skillfully arranged to be taxed at just 15%, ostensibly because they pump that money back into job-creating ventures.” but worst of all, the don't creat many jobs. They just park the extra $$$ offshore or in hedge funds that game the system and make them more $$$. The "class warfare" is destroying the middle class which is where most of U.S. wealth is created and economic vitality comes from.
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

supposedly some hackers and break-in artists have them, and are going to release them on the 28th of this month ... that is if nobody comes up with the $1 million bucks they are asking for them ..
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Larry Flynt, god love him, offered $1Million for them a while back I saw - LOL. Now that could be an October surprise!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
I doubt it.

The only reason anyone wants to see them is to try and make him look like a out of touch rich guy which plays into the class warfare narrative.

It's just to distract from BO's poor record..
Try to make him look like an out of touch rich guy? He doesn't need any help in that regard.

I'm starting to think his returns might have some tax amnesty issues relating to his huge offshore accounts. UBS and all that.... It would certainly explain his reluctance to produce the returns. It would be instant political suicide.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxjr View Post
Larry Flynt, god love him, offered $1Million for them a while back I saw - LOL. Now that could be an October surprise!

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-09-06/p...-tax-documents
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trynagetlaid View Post
I don't know very many Mormons - are they anal about shit like that?

Just asking - don't want to start a firestorm...
They're anal about not lying too, but that doesn't stop Romney either.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #9
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Yeah, and anal about collecting tithes. This site from ex-Mormons is pretty instructive - http://mormoncurtain.com/topic_tithing_section2.html

Most Mormons I've met and worked with are really nice folks as long as you make a good first impression. I used to train in SLC. and would take my diamond stud out on day 1, then put it in on day 2 and see how they reacted for shits and grins. It befuddled them a bit, but they tended to go on first impressions. They really are not much different from serious believers of any other magical thinking religion except that they are fundamentalist and super fundamentalists. Perhaps because they were horribly discriminated against for a century, they are a little more forgiving than most other fundamentalists but there are not really any "moderate" Mormons in terms of literal interpretation.

I'm bad because I always forget the second "m", but then that is my opinion of pretty much all religions except perhaps Taoism and possibly Buddhism. Then there is Pastafarianism!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women