Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70750
biomed162882
Yssup Rider60554
gman4453255
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48527
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42064
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36425
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 09-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365
Encounters: 1
Default Scientology

Your thoughts? I can't believe people are that stupid. makes me want to start a religion....
sofiaofhouston is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
Why A Duck?
It's just a ride.

Encounters: 8

Religion has been pulling the wool over peoples eyes forever, why does this one surprize you any more than the rest?
Why A Duck? is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

I want my own then! Church Of Sofia. You get baptized in blue water....
Old 09-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
budman33
Valued Poster

that water doesnt look blue
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

It is, wecan travel to the Caribbean to make sure, then party at my house....
Old 09-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
Bianca Page
Account Disabled

User ID: 7460
My ECCIE Reviews

I normally don't get into the drama, but this one is right up my ally. Sofia, what do you actually know about Scientology? I mean tell me why you think its stupid? Also spare me from the rhetoric of of "south park" and "Tom Cruise". I love when people try to debate Scientology with me b/c they saw that episode of "South Park".

The height of Christian arrogance is when they judge something evil and they have no clue what the hell they are talking about. It always makes me laugh.

Oh yeah, Ive never seen a Scientologist genocide a whole race of people because they are different from them, or i've never seen a Scientologist demean and suppress women. I'm happy I can go through life believing i'm not from the rib of a man, and you call Scientology stupid.
Bianca Page is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
Squirrel88
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiaofhouston View Post
Your thoughts? I can't believe people are that stupid. makes me want to start a religion....
First of all I do want to state that I do believe in god. BUT I think all religions are a joke. Most of them tell you, if you don't believe this way, your going to hell. Wait, why does your religion say one thing and this other one says something else? To me it seems like all religions are just a scam to get money.
Squirrel88 is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #8
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

I would bet the blue water would burn.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:05 AM   #9
Sarunga
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

This one is going to be interesting.....I'm waiting for Sofia's response to Bianca.
Sarunga is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
blowpop
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

I don't find Scientology's beliefs to be any more or less valid than any other religion's. If following their teachings improves your life, then I see no reason not to follow them.

What I do question is the cost of moving up in the Scientology hierarchy, the way the higher-ups in Scientology attack those who leave the group or who are critical of it, and the veil of secrecy surrounding Scientology's beliefs.

If there is a big focus on getting money from members, I have trouble with the religion. This certainly applies to Christian preachers who become wealthy from the donations of followers who are much poorer than them, as well as Scientology.

I believe in freedom of speech. So I have a big problem with any organization that feels the need to attack those who would speak out against it. If you're confident of your message, engage in an intelligent debate with your detractors, or just ignore them. But if you try to silence them, I have to conclude that you have something to hide.

Finally, I'm aware of no other religion that has gone to such lengths to suppress public access to its religious teachings. That again makes me conclude that there is something to hide.
blowpop is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #11
Squirrel88
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpop View Post
Finally, I'm aware of no other religion that has gone to such lengths to suppress public access to its religious teachings. That again makes me conclude that there is something to hide.
Hey... Even uncle David in Waco had his issues.
Squirrel88 is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

What about Jeffs in W TX?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #13
Sarunga
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpop View Post
If you're confident of your message, engage in an intelligent debate with your detractors, or just ignore them. But if you try to silence them, I have to conclude that you have something to hide.
You are alright blowpop.....you are definitely alright.
Sarunga is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #14
blowpop
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
What about Jeffs in W TX?
Prime example of a corrupt religious leader, using his "god-given" authority to take advantage of his followers.
blowpop is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #15
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

Default I Don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca Page View Post
I normally don't get into the drama, but this one is right up my ally. Sofia, what do you actually know about Scientology? I mean tell me why you think its stupid? Also spare me from the rhetoric of of "south park" and "Tom Cruise". I love when people try to debate Scientology with me b/c they saw that episode of "South Park".

The height of Christian arrogance is when they judge something evil and they have no clue what the hell they are talking about. It always makes me laugh.

Oh yeah, Ive never seen a Scientologist genocide a whole race of people because they are different from them, or i've never seen a Scientologist demean and suppress women. I'm happy I can go through life believing i'm not from the rib of a man, and you call Scientology stupid.

1. believe people are plagued by aliens
2.think any family should be torn apart from their loved ones for not "believeing"
3. think that depression is not a real disease and can be cured with herbs, vitamins, and excersize.

Where did you get the idea I was Christian. I have questions on every organized religion.....

Their "Thetan" stuff goes on and on. I've been to the one in LA and the one in Houston and they are into some pretty nutty stuff. If a woman cannot scream in pain during childbirth it is opression.........

I have studied world theology and this falls under "new age, cult" It was created by man not passed on from generation to generation. It has no artifacts, no ancient teachings, only the hope of one day paying enough to be given the "secret" to life.......It's damn good marketing i will give them that.

The more you pay the closer you are to "the truth". That's an all out scam. What other religion outright ASK you to not stay close to your family if they will not convert? Not a 1, yet a cult does exactly that. What religion teaches to disolve a marriage and take the children and teach them Scientology if the parents are non believers?

Even the Quo'ran teaches they try to convert the Khaffir's with patience and allow them to find their path to Allah. Islam teaches to encourage people to join by the moral example you set. I'm not saying the extremist are correct yet the Ismaeli Muslims are the most peaceful tolerant muslim people I know of. More so than the Sunni. And Don't get me started on the Shiite's

Why do the people that protest Scientology have to hide behind masks? It's damn sure not because that pesky Tom Cruise is going to hunt you down go to your house and jump on your couch is it?

I don't believe aliens were frozen and dumped in a volcano. If they are why arent' the Scientologist jumping into get them. I've seen the artifacts at the vatican so where is the Zenu stuff held? Christy Alley ate it?

As I was stating they fall into New Age teachings. They are a cult. Cults are secretive and controlling just as is Scientology. Religion ( right or wrong) is based on ancient teachings well accepted throughout the world proven or believed in based on artifacts like oh say......The Dead Sea Scrolls.....Almost all religions believe in the science of the mind, psychology and believe the mentally ill should seek help with therapy. Even Catholics have therapist at Catholic Charities. Scientology preaches against it. The crazier you are the more likely you are to give your money to them..

Christians don't use "Fair Game" as Scientologist do to try and get you not NEVER speak of it if you leave their "church". I suggest you research the "Fair Game" methodolgy. This is the USA, we are not supposed to do that to people for the same reason we don't have Sharia courts....It goes against the constitution and OUR freedom of religion. One should feel free to leave as they wish. It is in fact a cult. I went with a friend and saw this with my own eyes and heard it with my perfectally pinned back ears! They are a secretive cult.

Squirell I agree with you. That is why I want my own religion....hey make money hand over fist and don't pay taxes. Seems like a damn good racket to me! Plus I get to be the leader of it! Hells yeah I want one....

Miss. Paige,
I've been GIVEN many version of diffrent religion bibles or books on belief systems and no one asked me for $2000.00 to go to the next level....

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women