Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60191
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48376
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #1
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Default Don't This Beat All - Keystone Pipeline Now Obsolete - No Longer Needed

Canadian oil prices are now just $18 below the price of U.S. crude thanks to a series of new U.S. pipelines, The Wall Street Journal reported this morning.
This means the Keystone XL Pipeline is already obsolete.

"Higher oil prices in Canada ... are a sign that oil-sands crude is finding its way to the U.S. even without the approval of the controversial Keystone XL pipeline," Journal reporters Nicole Friedman and Chester Dawson said. "The resurgence in Canadian oil prices and energy stocks is further confirmation that the transportation problems that have prevented both Canada and the U.S. from enjoying the full benefits of the energy boom are easing."

Until recently, crude from Canada's booming tar sands was getting trapped in the Midwest, preventing it from getting to the Gulf where it could be exported at market prices.

But in January, engineers switched on the Seaway Pipeline, which connects the major crude delivery hub in Cushing, Okla., with Gulf refineries. And rail now transports 550,000 barrels of Canadian crude, when five years ago barely 1,000 barrels were processed.

As a result, the price of Canadian oil has since risen to $80.67 a barrel as of Tuesday, about $18 below WTI. In November the gap was as large as $40.

"It's not a necessity today," Chris Theal, president of Kootenay Capital Management in Calgary

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-k...#ixzz31etk0uF4
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default *Yeah, right!*

*... train transport is safer*

"There have been nine oil train derailments in the U.S. and Canada since March of last year, many of them resulting in intense fires and sometimes the evacuation of nearby residents, according to the NTSB.

"Concern about the safe transport of crude oil was heightened after a runaway oil train derailed and then exploded last July in the small town of Lac-Megantic in Canada, just across the border from Maine. More than 60 tank cars spilled more than 1.3 million gallons of oil. Forty-seven people were killed and 30 buildings destroyed in resulting inferno."

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/...ude-oil-trains
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #3
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Your point?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
Thibodaux
BANNED

As usual, with most political / gov't influenced , controversial topics , the mass press has their head so far up the ass of the current DC administration... They wouldn't be able to decipher obvious , practical reasoning any better than Kindergardners. It's fucking shameless, how clueless they've been able to train their voting base!

How many here understand how many miles of oil & gas pipelines have been built and put into service across the country during the last 20 yrs? The Keystone Pipeline has been used as nothing more than smoke & mirrors for the past few years... It's importance is practically negligible in the overall big picture of the continent's transmission network.

Why don't a few of y'all look into recently proposed Alaskan GAS / LNG pipelines , and wonder what angle THAT reasoning is coming from?!?!

http://www.platts.com/latest-news/na...major-21510720

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brighamm...afe-and-sound/

Fucking Shameless, how limited some of you brilliant fuckers are here!!
Thibodaux is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:30 AM   #5
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Can you say Warren Buffet. He owns the trains that transport the crude.
You think he wants to compete with a pipeline?
There is no corruption in Washington.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:50 AM   #6
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Of course Canada wants higher prices for their crude; but that doesn't help the US market (Consumers) !

The pipeline means more crude shipped to the US markets (and refineries) at lower costs to US consumers......FACT JACK !

Obama and his anti-carbon zombies don't care about American middle class families having to pay more for gas and heat......they want fossil fuels to go bye bye ! In their mind the higher prices the better (for the environment).

Funny, Big Louie quotes an investment banker from Calgary for his "thumbs up"........TFF ! Gee, I wonder which side of the slice his bread is buttered ?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #7
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Oil produced here and oil shipped here = more refined fuel we can ship to other countries. Your price will not go down.

Plus the pipeline has not made it through the Nebraska courts yet.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Oil produced here and oil shipped here = more refined fuel we can ship to other countries. Your price will not go down.

Plus the pipeline has not made it through the Nebraska courts yet.
Increased supply has no effect on price. Really, LittleEva?

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:05 AM   #9
LexusLover
Valued Poster

This "condition" sounds like the "argument" for the ACA costing people their jobs ...

.. it's better for them to stay home and "relax."

"We don't need a pipeline after all, because oil prices are increasing!"

Is that the new "argument" after the environmental impact argument went flat?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:11 AM   #10
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post

. And rail now transports 550,000 barrels of Canadian crude, when five years ago barely 1,000 barrels were processed.

As a result, the price of Canadian oil has since risen to $80.67 a barrel as of Tuesday, about $18 below WTI. In November the gap was as large as $40.

can anyone say warren buffet?

the article takes liberties with word "obsolete"

the use of back stops and alternatives doesnt equate to obsolete

rail is not as efficient nor as environmentally safe
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #11
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Increased supply has no effect on price. Really, LittleEva?

Wake up and smell the roses Dull Knife, oil prices are a global market.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #12
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Wake up and smell the roses Dull Knife, oil prices are a global market.
Oh. Right. And that isn't subject to changes in supply. Yeah. That's the ticket!

Keep digging, LittleEva!

Old 05-14-2014, 05:33 PM   #13
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Oh. Right. And that isn't subject to changes in supply. Yeah. That's the ticket!

Keep digging, LittleEva!

Well dull knife our oil production and gas production is up to where we are almost equal to Saudi Arabia how come our fuel isn't $2.00 a gallon? We are unable to export oil so all we produce should be for our consumption? Keep digging dull knife ...
Old 05-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #14
gnadfly
Account Disabled

C'mon bigloo you can do better than that!

The article didn't even state how many railcars equivalent the Keystone Pipeline would be. My guess would be millions, if not billions.

I bet some of those railcars go through some of those "pristine aquifers" too. What about the biggest argument in the Dimtard mind that those tar sands were dirty oil?

So I guess the Gulf refineries will still refine it and those pipeline jobs go to railcar welders and not pipe welders. A weld is a weld is a weld.

Just priceless.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well dull knife our oil production and gas production is up to where we are almost equal to Saudi Arabia how come our fuel isn't $2.00 a gallon? We are unable to export oil so all we produce should be for our consumption? Keep digging dull knife ...
That was never the argument. But keep making stuff up to try to make yourself sound intelligent. By now, the law of averages is on your side.

You claimed that an increase in the supply of oil has no effect on the price. That is stupid, no matter what you make up to support your ignorant statement.

Keep digging!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women