Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60218
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35677
Mojojo33117

Old 09-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default The left is starting to awaken on Syria

Now that the decision has been tossed to Congress the left is starting to be vocal. Today Allen Colmes expressed displeasure that Obama seems to be absent. After Kerry (not Obama) addressed the nation Obama went golfing and has been unavailable for comment. Many state department employees are going on record touting the competence of Hillary and how she would handle this so much better than Barry. Yes, the left is turning the prospect of war into a Hillary campaign event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WztY-BFMMSc
Hillary calls Assad a reformer in 2011 AFTER it is pointed out that he has killed thousands of his own people.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Put Ari Fleischer in the agreeing with Obama's decision column.

By TAL KOPAN | 9/2/13 8:51 AM EDT Updated: 9/2/13 11:44 AM EDT

Former George W. Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer said Monday that President Barack Obama is right to seek congressional authorization for military action against Syria, explaining he learned from the Iraq War that such a move strengthens a nation.

“I praise the president for doing this. I think it is the right thing. I agree with the president that he has the authority to do this on his own; he is not abdicating that responsibility, but a nation is stronger — and I learned this as a result of Iraq — a nation is always stronger in a democracy when it has the people behind it,” Fleischer said Monday on CNN’s “New Day.”

Fleischer added that the move does not show weakness on the part of Obama, as some have argued, but rather “strengthens the president’s hand in the long run” — just as long as he wins the vote in Congress.

The Bush-era White House official said while the War Powers Act requires consulting with Congress, that’s different than putting military action to a vote, which Fleischer said Obama is doing voluntarily.

“Consult is not vote,” Fleischer said. “This is really a voluntary exercise where the executive has said to the legislature, ‘I want you to act.’ You can guess why President Obama’s doing that, as a political cover, I still think it’s essentially right because democracy should support, through the Congress, any determination we even use the military in an instance like this. It’s not time-exigent; we don’t have troops on the line that are under attack; and we have to fight back.”

Fleischer’s support of the president comes after initial early criticism on Twitter, where as late as Friday he was lambasting Obama for not getting multilateral support for Syrian action.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...155.html?hp=l7
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
RedLeg505
Oral Aficionado

Encounters: 138

So, BT, you LIKE that Obama is basically doing what Bush and his Press Secretary Ari Fleischer think is the correct thing to do? Interesting. How many OTHER policies that Bush made and Obama continued do you agree with and approve of? And how many of those same policies did you like when it was just Bush saying they were good, i.e. did you dislike them BEFORE Obama started liking them and continuing them?
RedLeg505 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

The right will bitch if he does or if he doesn't Just little bitches.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
RedLeg505
Oral Aficionado

Encounters: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
The right will bitch if he does or if he doesn't Just little bitches.
You mean.. like the LEFT bitched if Bush did or didn't? Funny how that works, isn't it?

I especially love how you guys HATED so many of Bush's policies, you know, like the Patriot Act, that many marched and called the establishment of a POLICE STATE with surveillance and secret courts and all, but then.. Obama and the Dem Majority simply CONTINUED and EXPANDED the program, and all those who were against it, were suddenly silent about it. Can't imagine why they didn't bitch about it, can you Iva?
RedLeg505 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

The best policy on Syria is to do NOTHING. If anything, we should be supporting Assad. Most Americans don't know this, but the rebels are now mostly Al Qaeda associates. What Obama doesn't get is that what is happening in Syria is a broader war within the Islam world. It is an extension of the Sunni/Shiite battle that has been going on for 1,500 years. Look at where the battle lines are drawn. Assad is backed by Iran and Hezbollah (both Shiite). Also, Russia backs Syria b/c Russia trusts the Shiites more b/c the Chechen rebels are associated with Sunnis. On the rebel side, you have Al Qaeda and Saudi Arabia (Sunnis). We have no dog in this fight other than the specter of chemical weapons being used. Does it really matter if one side uses chemical weapons or not? I don't think so. Killing is killing no matter the method. This stuff has been going on forever. No need to stick our noses in. Let them kill each other. That means fewer nut job Muslims in the world.
Cpalmson is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #7
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

holy shit. I agree we need to stay out of it, but the doesn't mean I buy into your bullshit.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:03 AM   #8
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpalmson View Post
The best policy on Syria is to do NOTHING.
"do NOTHING" is saying NOTHING.

When the President of the United States shoots off his mouth about what the U.S. is going to do if X happens he has done SOMETHING ... then when he gets smacked down and humiliated by the practical leader of another world power ... his (and the U.S.) face is gone ...... then when X happens ... if he is insecure ... he will HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ...
even if it creates more problems for the U.S. and the next person to occupy the People's House.

.. what "community" did he "organize"?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #9
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeg505 View Post
You mean.. like the LEFT bitched if Bush did or didn't? Funny how that works, isn't it?

I especially love how you guys HATED so many of Bush's policies, you know, like the Patriot Act, that many marched and called the establishment of a POLICE STATE with surveillance and secret courts and all, but then.. Obama and the Dem Majority simply CONTINUED and EXPANDED the program, and all those who were against it, were suddenly silent about it. Can't imagine why they didn't bitch about it, can you Iva?

The idea to preempt Iraq was a real winner right? No need to bitch about that..Idiot
Old 09-03-2013, 05:58 AM   #10
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
"do NOTHING" is saying NOTHING.

When the President of the United States shoots off his mouth about what the U.S. is going to do if X happens he has done SOMETHING ... then when he gets smacked down and humiliated by the practical leader of another world power ... his (and the U.S.) face is gone ...... then when X happens ... if he is insecure ... he will HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ...
even if it creates more problems for the U.S. and the next person to occupy the People's House.

.. what "community" did he "organize"?

Then 73% of Americans polled were in favor of a vote by congress had nothing to do with the decision? LMFAO
Old 09-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #11
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Then 73% of Americans polled were in favor of a vote by congress had nothing to do with the decision? LMFAO
Apparently not, ...

.... since he indicated he would order missiles fired even if Congress says "no"!

Now .. do 73% of those polled believe missiles should be fired at Syria?

Just asking.

So, perhaps 73% of those polled (or a good portion of them) are hoping for a "no" vote.

Which Obaminable will ignore. So what would be his motivation for seeking approval?

Attempting to make the Republicans look bad for the 2014 and 2016 upcoming elections.

But I recognize math requires some fundamental application of the concept of 2 + 2.

FYI: Here is "a poll" ... results as published by NBC .. aka ... the Obaminable Network:

"Fifty percent of Americans believe the U.S. should not intervene in the wake of suspected chemical weapons attacks by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, according to the poll. But the public is more supportive of military action when it's limited to launching cruise missiles from U.S. naval ships — 50 percent favor that kind of intervention, while 44 percent oppose it."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...-on-syria?lite

Perhaps 80% of those polled have more faith in the decision of Congress .... a dubious distinction!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #12
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeg505 View Post
So, BT, you LIKE that Obama is basically doing what Bush and his Press Secretary Ari Fleischer think is the correct thing to do? Interesting. How many OTHER policies that Bush made and Obama continued do you agree with and approve of? And how many of those same policies did you like when it was just Bush saying they were good, i.e. did you dislike them BEFORE Obama started liking them and continuing them?
The hypocrisy of the Kool Aid sotted left knows no bounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpalmson View Post
The best policy on Syria is to do NOTHING. If anything, we should be supporting Assad. Most Americans don't know this, but the rebels are now mostly Al Qaeda associates. What Obama doesn't get is that what is happening in Syria is a broader war within the Islam world. It is an extension of the Sunni/Shiite battle that has been going on for 1,500 years. Look at where the battle lines are drawn. Assad is backed by Iran and Hezbollah (both Shiite). Also, Russia backs Syria b/c Russia trusts the Shiites more b/c the Chechen rebels are associated with Sunnis. On the rebel side, you have Al Qaeda and Saudi Arabia (Sunnis). We have no dog in this fight other than the specter of chemical weapons being used. Does it really matter if one side uses chemical weapons or not? I don't think so. Killing is killing no matter the method. This stuff has been going on forever. No need to stick our noses in. Let them kill each other. That means fewer nut job Muslims in the world.
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #13
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

This is muchado about very little...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

Maybe Obama should do the only honorable thing he can-- resign. Seriously, David Cameron in the UK could very well face a vote of no confidence over this issue of rushing in. It could topple his coalition government. If Cameron goes, Obama should as well. Why 60+ million MORONS voted for this neophyte is beyond me. I thought Carter was bad. Obama is 100 times worse.
Cpalmson is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #15
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Well EVA, once again you get it wrong. We had beaten Iraq in 1991 and there was no peace treaty. We had a cease fire with Hussein on certain terms. At any provocation we could have started hostilities again. Bush technically did not have to go to Congress, he already had their permission in the form of a resolution that his father got. Still Bush went to Congress and the world, he outlines Hussein's repeated failures to live up to his end of the cease fire. He also outlined that Hussein had not been fully compliant with UN weapons inspectors which was a cease fire term. Bush had 14 UN resolutions threatening force against Hussein.

Bush did not shoot his mouth off, he went down the check list and got approval. No, it was the world's greatest orator who opened his mouth and almost choked on his right leg.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women