Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-11-2015, 04:05 PM   #121
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Oh no...Megan Kelly. Say it ain't so Whirlaway!
I'll say it for him .... "It ain't so"!

"Kelly made the offer.
“He needs to come out,” she told Kurtz. “I think he should actually sit with me.”

At that point, she presented her argument.
“I’d be fair, and I’d be tough, and we’d have a full venting of the issues,” she said. “And that’s when people start to forgive you.”

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/02/...#ixzz3RTqkYXVD

"Said the Spider to the Fly!!!"
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:45 PM   #122
Guest021817-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Well....

Old news.... Edit
Guest021817-2 is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #123
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Brian Williams should have said it was a "composite story" not based on a single incident or person but from various people and situations melded into his own.

It worked for "Dreams Of My Father."

As far as the other "newsmen" (since the majority are with Fox ) they are probably skeered that someone may look into their past for embellishments. Hey, there is airtime to fill.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:53 PM   #124
roaringfork
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
The press (cable, broadcast, internet, newspapers) should be universally saying "good riddance" (to a self aggrandizing fabricator), but they aren't. People like David Carr, Megan Kelly, Brit Hume, Charlie Rose, Bill O'Reilly, and Anderson Cooper seem sad about his demise, expressing reflection and sympathy, when in fact they should be expressing anger with Williams' betrayal of journalistic standards.

I find that the most interesting aspect of this story.
Well...for the sake of their own credibility the other members of his profession can't exactly afford to overdo the outrage at said betrayal (or their glee at it's discovery); but that didn't keep FOX last evening from making the suspension of this one media figure the subject of the kind of alerts which you might think would be reserved for a terrorist attack on the homeland. Kind of funny to watch.

I do concur with your prediction that the man is toast. The euphemism they use at my workplace is "Emilio is leaving his supervisory position for a few months to do some cross-training in the warehouse."
roaringfork is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:32 AM   #125
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
FIFY (no Charge)
Just showing the same cowardice you showed when you dodged my wager.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:58 AM   #126
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaringfork View Post
Well...for the sake of their own credibility the other members of his profession can't exactly afford to overdo the outrage at said betrayal (or their glee at it's discovery); but that didn't keep FOX last evening from making the suspension of this one media figure the subject of the kind of alerts which you might think would be reserved for a terrorist attack on the homeland. Kind of funny to watch.

I do concur with your prediction that the man is toast. The euphemism they use at my workplace is "Emilio is leaving his supervisory position for a few months to do some cross-training in the warehouse."
I can show that you're wrong. I get Fox News alerts on my smart phone and Brian William's suspension was not one of those alerts. So you exaggerate.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:51 AM   #127
roaringfork
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I can show that you're wrong. I get Fox News alerts on my smart phone and Brian William's suspension was not one of those alerts. So you exaggerate.
Yeah--a little. Maybe I've got a future in journalism.

To be more specific, I just noticed that the Brian Williams news preempted much if not most of O'Reilly's show. As a Tracfone guy, I'll have to take your word on the rest.

My larger point had more to do with the media's need to discreetly manage their own Schadenfreude, and not cater too openly to the sadism of their audience.
roaringfork is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:54 AM   #128
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Brian Wiiliams has Charley Sheen in his corner.

http://ipad.aol.com/article/2015/02/...s-is/21141928/

The way this reads, I am almost thinking Sheen is being facetious. If not, Sheen is bordering on the absurd.

"Hero". "Witch Hunt". (PERFECTLY) fact based journalism. this is a strange response at best, considering th facts of the whole sordid affair.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #129
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaringfork View Post

I do get tired of the "Breaking News Alerts" at the lead in to every prime time Fox News show over shit that is not alert worthy. It's just silly.

Fox Breaking News alert: Jackie Robinson West has been forced to vacate the 2014 Little League American Championship title...WTF?
boardman is online now   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:20 PM   #130
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Actually, I think it was, Maybe not

I do still have the one telling me Jon Stewart is leaving The Daily Show. Did you get that one?
Old 02-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #131
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
I do still have the one telling me Jon Stewart is leaving The Daily Show. Did you get that one?
I thought that was a spin off the Williams story .... by referencing a possible slot for him to fill in lieu of getting his old chair back ... it almost sounded like someone was "fitting" him to the position with the notion he would never skip a beat from Stewart's twists on the news. Stewart is funny sometimes. Williams hardly ever to almost not at all.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #132
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I thought that was a spin off the Williams story .... by referencing a possible slot for him to fill in lieu of getting his old chair back ... it almost sounded like someone was "fitting" him to the position with the notion he would never skip a beat from Stewart's twists on the news. Stewart is funny sometimes. Williams hardly ever to almost not at all.
There has been some speculation that Williams may be a candidate to fill that slot. I've heard some say he has a great sense of humor. I personally haven't watched enough to know that for myself.

Stewart has some big shoes to fill. His comedic delivery and timing are superb. I don't always agree with the content even though I recognize it as satire but I do appreciate his talent. I don't even think it's the content that I dislike. I think it's the number of people who point to it as hard news and relevant commentary rather than satire that bothers me.

If Williams were to take that spot it would just feel a little awkward regardless of how good he is at it. I think he would have to be a master at self deprecation in order to retain that audience.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:13 PM   #133
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
There has been some speculation that Williams may be a candidate to fill that slot. I've heard some say he has a great sense of humor. I personally haven't watched enough to know that for myself.

Stewart has some big shoes to fill. His comedic delivery and timing are superb. I don't always agree with the content even though I recognize it as satire but I do appreciate his talent. I don't even think it's the content that I dislike. I think it's the number of people who point to it as hard news and relevant commentary rather than satire that bothers me.

If Williams were to take that spot it would just feel a little awkward regardless of how good he is at it. I think he would have to be a master at self deprecation in order to retain that audience.
According to Megan Kelly, her staff reaserched Stewart's cutting edge "Satire", and 90+ percent of the subjects were Republican, or conservative.

I like him, he has phenominol comedic skills.

But in the end, he is just another political hack for the Democrats.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #134
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
. I get Fox News alerts on my smart phone .
There is something about that makes me chuckle.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:22 PM   #135
Sickpuppy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
There is something about that makes me chuckle.
Just can't beat the dailykos, right Iva?
Sickpuppy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women