Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70697
biomed162445
Yssup Rider60288
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48409
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41359
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35771
Mojojo33117

Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #121
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default His act has endangered other soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
You need to quit making stuff up, knocking it down and congratulating yourself. I never said that, and they are two different situations. You must just enjoy being disagreeable, because you don't make much sense.

You said
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The soldier who went crazy is neither criminal nor hero. .
I said with that kind of logic, everybody could have an excuse to murder women and children.

He is a criminal.

We can argue the why's but murdering 16 innocent people is criminal. If you do not believe me, ask the Army. There will be a trial soon enough.

Now it might be shown that he has a brain tumor much like the shooter in Austin Texas many moons ago but that still does not make the act less criminal. It would help us understand why but my guess is we will never understand the why. Time will tell. Tragic situtation for all involved.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #122
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You said

I said with that kind of logic, everybody could have an excuse to murder women and children.

He is a criminal.

We can argue the why's but murdering 16 innocent people is criminal. If you do not believe me, ask the Army. There will be a trial soon enough.

Now it might be shown that he has a brain tumor much like the shooter in Austin Texas many moons ago but that still does not make the act less criminal. It would help us understand why but my guess is we will never understand the why. Time will tell. Tragic situtation for all involved.
I don't know about military law but the critical question for non military law is supposed to be the ability to know that what you're doing is wrong. That's supposed to be the standard for not guilty by reason of insanity.

It doesn't sound to be like he was so out of it that he didn't know what he was doing was wrong. But it does seem like he behaved in a way that was not consistant with prior behavior. It sounds to me like he snapped. I think the fact that he had some sort of brain injury will be enough for him to avoid the death penalty. I just hope they don't execute him to appease the Islamic mob.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #123
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I don't know about military law but the critical question for non military law is supposed to be the ability to know that what you're doing is wrong. That's supposed to be the standard for not guilty by reason of insanity.

It doesn't sound to be like he was so out of it that he didn't know what he was doing was wrong. But it does seem like he behaved in a way that was not consistant with prior behavior. It sounds to me like he snapped. I think the fact that he had some sort of brain injury will be enough for him to avoid the death penalty. I just hope they don't execute him to appease the Islamic mob.
military law is more just than civil law, trust me, and no I will not swallow, I will bite it off
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #124
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default UCMJ Article 118

ARTICLE 118. MURDER

Any person subject to this chapter whom without justification or excuse, unlawfully kills a human being, when he- -
(1) has a premeditated design to kill;
(2) intends to kill or inflict great bodily harm;
(3) is engaged in an act which is inherently dangerous to others and evinces a wanton disregard of human life; or
(4) is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of burglary, sodomy, rape, robbery, or aggravated arson;
is guilty of murder, and shall suffer such punishment as a court-martial may direct, except that if found guilty under clause (1) or (4), he shall suffer death or imprisonment for life as a court-martial may direct.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #125
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

The Vietnam war gave us Lt William Calley and the My Lia Massacre.

Even though Calley was convicted of murder by a military court, he ended up spending what amounted to less than 4 years in prison. In the end, political pressure trumped everything. The American Public overwhelmingly felt that Lt Calley was as much a victim as were the 29+ dead Vietnamese he had ordered killed.

So don't just assume that this is a wrap.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #126
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
The Vietnam war gave us Lt William Calley and the My Lia Massacre.

Even though Calley was convicted of murder by a military court, he ended up spEnding what amounted to less than 4 years in prison. In the end, political pressure trumped everything. The American Public overwhelmingly felt that Lt Calley was as much a victim as were the 29+ dead Vietnamese he had ordered killed.

So don't just assume that this is a wrap.
Last man executed by the Army for desertion occurred during WWII, but murder is a different question.

BTW, the WO who landed his helicopter and intervened between Calley's platoon. He was a hero.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #127
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

He died six years ago -- his name was Hugh Thompson.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #128
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Your Texas Tower sniper was named Charles Whitman.

Clause 1: Premeditation, a good attorney would use this approach to show that Bales was not right with himself and could therefore no use premeditation.

I would still like to hear an explanation before I condemn.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #129
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
ARTICLE 118. MURDER

Any person subject to this chapter whom without justification or excuse, unlawfully kills a human being, when he- -
(1) has a premeditated design to kill;
(2) intends to kill or inflict great bodily harm;
(3) is engaged in an act which is inherently dangerous to others and evinces a wanton disregard of human life; or
(4) is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of burglary, sodomy, rape, robbery, or aggravated arson;
is guilty of murder, and shall suffer such punishment as a court-martial may direct, except that if found guilty under clause (1) or (4), he shall suffer death or imprisonment for life as a court-martial may direct.

The definition of murder you site says "without jurisdiction or excuse"
I suppose that a defence attorney would argue that mental illness was an "excuse" or mitigating factor.

A paranoid schizophrenic that had a complete psychotic breakdown would have an "excuse". The possible mental impairment in this case does not appear to be that profound, but my guess is that's going to be his only possible defence.

I think that the brain injury aspect of his mental condition is probably less important than the effect of post traumatic stress disorder. Given his background and what happened it sure looks like he was basically driven mad by the enormous amount of suffering he had witnessed.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #130
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
The definition of murder you site says "without jurisdiction or excuse"
I suppose that a defence attorney would argue that mental illness was an "excuse" or mitigating factor. If he expects any clemency for the accused, he has to. The facts and evidence against him are too overwhelming.

A paranoid schizophrenic that had a complete psychotic breakdown would have an "excuse". The possible mental impairment in this case does not appear to be that profound, but my guess is that's going to be his only possible defence.

I think that the brain injury aspect of his mental condition is probably less important than the effect of post traumatic stress disorder. Given his background and what happened it sure looks like he was basically driven mad by the enormous amount of suffering he had witnessed.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #131
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

CORRECTION: "The facts and evidence against him *appear to be* too overwhelming.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #132
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Your Texas Tower sniper was named Charles Whitman.

Clause 1: Premeditation, a good attorney would use this approach to show that Bales was not right with himself and could therefore no use premeditation.

I would still like to hear an explanation before I condemn.

go back to sleep jd ...
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #133
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Ohh, is that a problem CJ? I want to hear the story, in keeping with American values, and you have a snarky remark. What do you have against American jurisprudence values?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #134
CJ7
Valued Poster

mea culpa JD

I forgot Chuck was a Marine
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #135
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

I find this interesting.

according to reports, this sgt doesn't remember exactly what he did, has no memory of the shooting. I understand that he was drinking alcohol on the base and managed to slip out. his drinking apparently brought the worst out of him in the form of berserker rage.

best part is, is the afghanis, they have trouble accepting that 1 man killed 16 people, they insist that more than one soldier was involved. I guess they've never encountered one capable of berserker rage in their culture.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women