Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60378
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41550
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 08-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #121
Colonel Jim
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
They do. A fact that's been pointed out to you on numerous occasions. A fact that you continue to ignore. A fact that's not going to go away simply because you refuse to acknowledge it.

Do all libs have cognitive problems? I'll type slower so you can keep up. The question referred to f-e-d-e-r-a-l i-n-c-om-e t-a-x-e-s. Payroll taxes, such as Social Security, Medicare, etc. were passed and sold the the public as "contributions" for a specified benefit. They are not supposed to be used for any other purpose. (You can thank Lyndon "Great Society" Johnson for any variation of that purpose.) Therefore payment of payroll taxes are not intended for the general maintenance of the government.

The lower two quartiles pay payroll taxes, but not federal income taxes. In fact they get back 5.6 percent more than they put in. You are obfuscating the issue with this continual reference to the irrelevant. If you want to change it, let's revise the entire tax structure and make it honest.

This is the last time I will honor this with an answer.
Colonel Jim is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #122
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Jim View Post
Do all libs have cognitive problems? I'll type slower so you can keep up. The question referred to f-e-d-e-r-a-l i-n-c-om-e t-a-x-e-s. Payroll taxes, such as Social Security, Medicare, etc. were passed and sold the the public as "contributions" for a specified benefit. They are not supposed to be used for any other purpose. (You can thank Lyndon "Great Society" Johnson for any variation of that purpose.) Therefore payment of payroll taxes are not intended for the general maintenance of the government.

The lower two quartiles pay payroll taxes, but not federal income taxes. In fact they get back 5.6 percent more than they put in. You are obfuscating the issue with this continual reference to the irrelevant. If you want to change it, let's revise the entire tax structure and make it honest.

This is the last time I will honor this with an answer.

Besides SS and Medicare WTF is the next big ticket item?

DEFENSE.

WE are not paying our military bill.

SS and Medicare are running a surplus. Where do you think that surplus went? IOU's to pay for DEFENSE and WARS.

So instead of raising FEDERAL INCOME TAXES on the rich, you want to raise them on the poor and middle class.

Do you also want to cut benefits to SS recipitants' so the military can keep being paid with surplus SS payments?

So call what ever tax is or benifit or wtf ever you want to call it. The tax for paying defense is a benifit. All taxes go to someone's benifit.

You get your talking points from the Heritage foundation? Rush? Hannity? Where did you get that BS from? Changing the name of a tax to a benifit? WTF? Who believes that BS?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:28 AM   #123
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Jim View Post
Do all libs have cognitive problems? I'll type slower so you can keep up. The question referred to f-e-d-e-r-a-l i-n-c-om-e t-a-x-e-s.
Funny, when you get called out on the carpet, you have no problem typing the words "federal income taxes". But unless that happens, you keep using only the word "taxes".

And i don't recall any "question" referring solely to federal income taxes. The discussion you and Olivia started is about 50% of people who supposedly don't pay any taxes. That's the claim you, Olivia, and wizardofahhhs have made. And while you clearly understand the distinction, i don't believe for a second that you care if the people reading your posts understand the distinction. In fact, i'm guessing you hope they don't. Which is why i'm here to remind them.

Semantics matters.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #124
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:

…………..And if you would have accepted the fact that the whole scenario being suggested by the birthers was nothing short of utterly ridiculous, i wouldn't be able to knock you over the head with it every chance i get……………
Actually, it is weird for someone to go about changing their name, and it is also odd for a presidential candidate, let alone a American president, that is not an army brat to grow up over seas. In fact, when someone changes their name, one of the big questions is WHY? Are you attempting to get out from under debt or some other legal problems? No, it is a reasonable thing to have asked for.

Quote:
…………….Once you criticize left leaning ideas as being fringe, and wishing those who held them would simply shut up and go away, you made your birther beliefs germane to the discussion……………..
Then you aren’t listening to the things I say. I criticize Republicans and Democrats alike for being on the fringes of what the mainstay of Americans want or for being so far outside the mainstream that they can’t get anything done. I absolutely detested George II for being a partying-boy, dry-drunk, right wing Christian – I don’t even know how he fit all those ridiculous personalities into his little pin head. I am equally as distrustful and knock Obama for being the disappointment that he is.

Quote:
Funny, when you get called out on the carpet, you have no problem typing the words "federal income taxes". But unless that happens, you keep using only the word "taxes".

And i don't recall any "question" referring solely to federal income taxes. The discussion you and Olivia started is about 50% of people who supposedly don't pay any taxes. That's the claim you, Olivia, and wizardofahhhs have made. And while you clearly understand the distinction, i don't believe for a second that you care if the people reading your posts understand the distinction. In fact, i'm guessing you hope they don't. Which is why i'm here to remind them.

Semantics matters.
Of course I care Doove. I think most people when talking about “taxes” make an assumption that federal income taxes are what is being discussed. When George I said, “Read my lips. No new taxes.”, everyone, and I mean everyone, knew he meant federal income taxes. In this instance, we are talking about federal legislation and the federal debt ceiling, it is more than a fair assumption that we are talking about federal income taxes and not the $10,800 I pay annually in property taxes. It isn’t semantics; it’s logical, linear thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
The market dropped because the economy sucks which can be directly attributed to the policies of the last 10 years. Obama ran as not Bush. What is funny is that he has continued Bushes policies in Iraq and Afganistan and upped the ante with Libya.

Econimically he took the worst of Bush's economic policy which was bailing out corporations that should have been allowed to go through bankruptcy and spending more than the government had and dramatically increased it.

Now he accuses the Tea Party of irresposibility when thay are the only group pushing for a solution and not a temporary bandaid that will leave an even bigger problem for the future. He and all of the people like him in both parties are the ones being criminally neglegent. I can only hope the next election cycle sends more Tea Party members to DC. Not Republicans or Democrats.
I couldn't agree with this more. These are my sentiments exactly.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #125
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Of course I care Doove. I think most people when talking about “taxes” make an assumption that federal income taxes are what is being discussed. it is more than a fair assumption that we are talking about federal income taxes and not the $10,800 I pay annually in property taxes. It isn’t semantics; it’s logical, linear thinking.
First, I'm not talking about property taxes, Olivia. I've made it perfectly clear that i'm talking about federal taxes that people pay, in spite of not paying income tax. So your rebuttal leads me to think you may have made my point. Not to be a snot, but it makes me wonder if even you realize that income taxes aren't the only federal taxes that people pay.

But more to the point, if what you say is true, that it's nothing more than your being lazy in your effort to spell out what you truly mean, why do you or Colonel Jim even care that i make the correction to your comment by filling in the blanks? I make a factual correction to your, taken literally, inaccurate statement. And your problem with that.....is????? As many times as you and Colonel Jim pushed back on this, you clearly do have a problem with your literal inaccuracy being pointed out to you. Again, i would ask, why? Why not just concede that, ok, pretty much everyone pays federal taxes but they don't pay income taxes. And then explain your problem with that concept.

I'll tell you why I think you and Colonel Jim have a problem with my correcting you. It's because as i've said once or twice already, the statement "50% of wage earners, while paying federal taxes, don't pay income taxes..." just doesn't have the same impact as saying "50% of wage earners don't pay taxes".

And lacking the rhetorical impact, your arguments fall apart. It's as simple as that.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #126
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I'll tell you why I think you and Colonel Jim have a problem with my correcting you. It's because as i've said once or twice already, the statement "50% of wage earners, while paying federal taxes, don't pay income taxes..." just doesn't have the same impact as saying "50% of wage earners don't pay taxes".

And lacking the rhetorical impact, your arguments fall apart. It's as simple as that.

I think the exact same thing.

Most people do not understand how taxes are garnered. That is why certain folks say that truly inaccurate statement.

At the end of the day, it really does not matter if the poor do not pay any Federal Income tax....they pay state and local taxes. They do not make enought to pay Federal. If the rich want them to pay more in Federal Income taxes.....PAY THEM MORE!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #127
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
First, I'm not talking about property taxes, Olivia. I've made it perfectly clear that i'm talking about federal taxes that people pay, in spite of not paying income tax. So your rebuttal leads me to think you may have made my point. Not to be a snot, but it makes me wonder if even you realize that income taxes aren't the only federal taxes that people pay.

But more to the point, if what you say is true, that it's nothing more than your being lazy in your effort to spell out what you truly mean, why do you or Colonel Jim even care that i make the correction to your comment by filling in the blanks? I make a factual correction to your, taken literally, inaccurate statement. And your problem with that.....is????? As many times as you and Colonel Jim pushed back on this, you clearly do have a problem with your literal inaccuracy being pointed out to you. Again, i would ask, why? Why not just concede that, ok, pretty much everyone pays federal taxes but they don't pay income taxes. And then explain your problem with that concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I think the exact same thing.

Most people do not understand how taxes are garnered. That is why certain folks say that truly inaccurate statement.
Sigh to both of you.

Doove, YOU are the one that keep rebutting into the inane. I am talking about federal income taxes not social security or medicare. I’ve not only paid the personal income taxes in a ridiculously high bracket juxtaposed to the ratio of the top 3%’s income vs their percentage paid in taxes, but I’ve paid for years 940 and 941 taxes. I am perfectly well aware of what kind of taxes are withheld from individual’s pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
At the end of the day, it really does not matter if the poor do not pay any Federal Income tax....they pay state and local taxes. They do not make enought to pay Federal. If the rich want them to pay more in Federal Income taxes.....PAY THEM MORE![IMG]file:///C:/Users/JANEGR%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

I flat disagree, ALL Americans should pay federal income taxes no matter how small except those on social security or some other such already-taxed income.

Peace on this one boyz.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #128
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default This Is What We Should Really Look At

How much in TOTAL fees and taxes does an individual pay through the calender year. That means every dollar that is given to any Government Entity, whether it be City, County, State, or Federal.

I think I will go to my accountant and see if he can help me figure it. I bet it tops 60 percent of my gross income.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #129
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
How much in TOTAL fees and taxes does an individual pay through the calender year. That means every dollar that is given to any Government Entity, whether it be City, County, State, or Federal.

I think I will go to my accountant and see if he can help me figure it. I bet it tops 60 percent of my gross income.
I wouldn’t be surprised – at all.

Income tax – 25% for the bell curve bulk of the nation’s earners
SS and Medicare – 5% or so on just the employee’s contribution
Property tax – Personally, mine is about 8% of my income
Sales tax – In Houston, Texas that’s 8.25% of everything I spend retail, restaurant, etc. type of things. So I’ll ballpark it at 15% of my gross. I’m sure it’s a lowball number.
Tolls, car registration, wine, no cigarettes for me, airline, utilities, cell phone, no cable for me, hotels, car rentals, etc. – I’d guess about 2%. I’m sure this is a low ball too.

Without my company’s employer’s taxes and just quickly and off the cuff, I’ve come up with 55%. I’ll bet it’s more.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #130
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

In some cities where I live sales tax is as high as 10%, were tithing and I don't even go to church. Americans are getting raped by all of these taxes and I know the majority of us are fed up with it. Especially while these BIG bankers get the special treatment and get bailed out, while everyone else has to take it up the ass. Where's the fairness?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w-en...layer_embedded
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #131
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Without my company’s employer’s taxes and just quickly and off the cuff, I’ve come up with 55%. I’ll bet it’s more.
Interesting. I pulled this year's tax return out and ran the actual numbers, as opposed to guestimating based on the 25% bracket i fall into.

I came up with a total of 28.5% before sales taxes and fees. And that includes a 5% state tax you're not paying. And in order to get to 15% in sales taxes at the 8% sales tax rate i pay, i'd need to spend 1.8X per week in sales taxes alone, what i typically budget myself for spending money in total. In other words, there's not a chance in hell that it's 15% of my gross.

By the way, i'm drawing a blank. At an 8% sales tax rate, in order to spend 15% of your gross income in sales taxes, wouldn't you need to spend 200% of your gross income on taxable items alone? Or am i factoring that all wrong?

Anyways, subtracting what i need to pay my mortgage, insurances, car payments, etc, let's figure i pay 4% in sales taxes. An additional 2% for fees (which sounds high, but whatever) brings my total to 34.5%. A far cry from 55%.

By the way, i noticed you included SS and Medicare taxes as taxes paid by yourself. As did I.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #132
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Interesting. I pulled this year's tax return out and ran the actual numbers, as opposed to guestimating based on the 25% bracket i fall into.

I came up with a total of 28.5% before sales taxes and fees. And that includes a 5% state tax you're not paying. And in order to get to 15% in sales taxes at the 8% sales tax rate i pay, i'd need to spend 1.8X per week in sales taxes alone, what i typically budget myself for spending money in total. In other words, there's not a chance in hell that it's 15% of my gross.

By the way, i'm drawing a blank. At an 8% sales tax rate, in order to spend 15% of your gross income in sales taxes, wouldn't you need to spend 200% of your gross income on taxable items alone? Or am i factoring that all wrong?

Anyways, subtracting what i need to pay my mortgage, insurances, car payments, etc, let's figure i pay 4% in sales taxes. An additional 2% for fees (which sounds high, but whatever) brings my total to 34.5%. A far cry from 55%.

By the way, i noticed you included SS and Medicare taxes as taxes paid by yourself. As did I.
You make no sense.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #133
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
You make no sense.
Which part went over your head?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #134
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

The part where you opened your mouth. LOL
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #135
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Did you use the actual percent of income you paid in income taxes or your marginal tax rate for the calculation? If you used your marginal tax rate your numbers do not add up. 25% income tax + 7% SS + 2% approx Medicare + 5% state equals 39% taxes on every additional dollar earned. That ignores the 7% SS your employer pays, sales tax, property taxes, gas taxes, taxes paid on products you purchase that are built into the price and god knows what else you pay that the state and federal politicians have created.
Laz is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women