Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60529
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #106
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Is that in front of iffy's drive?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #107
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or-wunHCQwY
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #108
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F1nPSNnaBo&feature
Old 05-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #109
ackvt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

If you like your 1st Amendment rights you'd better keep the 2nd Amendment. We lose guns nothing will stop the loss of freedom of speech, religion, etc. I mean it's happening now, look at all the things that are banned, religious symbolism, no nativity scenes, can't say Merry Christmas, no Easter Bunny, No God in the Pledge of Alliegence, the list goes on and on - there's a thread in here about the word Master being shunned in relation to Master Bedrooms! This is censorship, this is the beginning of the loss of the 1st Amendment. And at the same time people are trying to take our guns. Let them and see the founding principles of the United States eradicated... then what are we? The 2nd Amendment exists to protect the 1st Amendment. And no a .22 6 shooter won't do...
ackvt is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #110
CJ7
Valued Poster

its an amazing thing

require a background check and registration form to buy a gun and, POOF the government is GRABBING OUR GUNS ..

as a life NRA member and responsible gun owner, I personally think all of you whining little bitches are a bigger problem than a match in a gun powder warehouse.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #111
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackvt View Post
If you like your 1st Amendment rights you'd better keep the 2nd Amendment. We lose guns nothing will stop the loss of freedom of speech, religion, etc. I mean it's happening now, look at all the things that are banned, religious symbolism, no nativity scenes, can't say Merry Christmas, no Easter Bunny, No God in the Pledge of Alliegence, the list goes on and on - there's a thread in here about the word Master being shunned in relation to Master Bedrooms! This is censorship, this is the beginning of the loss of the 1st Amendment. And at the same time people are trying to take our guns. Let them and see the founding principles of the United States eradicated... then what are we? The 2nd Amendment exists to protect the 1st Amendment. And no a .22 6 shooter won't do...
You realize that the "Under God" was only added to the Pledge of Allegience in 1954, ie - it's been in it less than the Pledge has been without it. The things you list that are supposedly banned aren't. You're free to do those things on your own property. What isn't ok is for a government run entity to push one religion over any other.

Finally, let's talk about this idea that the purpose of the Second Amendment exists to protect the First Amendment. How can we possibly know what it was createdfor? Let's go to the actual text of the Second Amendment? Maybe there is some illumination there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Second Amendment
A well regulated militia, being necesssary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and beararms, shall not be infringed.
Now there is mention of keeping a "well regulated militia". There's also mention of the "security of a free state". Do you see any specific mention of the First Amendment?

Let's go back to the text and see if it shows up there if we read it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Second Amendment
A well regulated militia, being necesssary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and beararms, shall not be infringed.
Nope, still not there.

While the Second Amendment exists and gives us the right to bear arms, it was NOT created specifically to protect the First Amendment.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #112
ackvt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

I didn't say the 2nd had wording referring to the 1st. But the 1st is the foundation of our "free state" and if our government, or another government tries to remove our freedoms guaranteed under #1 if we don't have #2 there isn't anything we can do to preserve the "security of a (our) free state". The Amendments are not silos, randomly thrown together thoughts.

When "God" was added to the Anthem isn't the point... the point is that someone's offended so now it has to go, now someone has to be censored. AND I agree that people have the right to do what they want on their own property, that's not the point. The point to not being censored is being able to freely express your belief's ANYWHERE you want. And how is allowing a nativity scene promoting one religion over another? Isn't forbidding it punishing those who follow that religion? I guess it depends on your perspective.
ackvt is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #113
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't say the 2nd had wording referring to the 1st. But the 1st is the foundation of our "free state" and if our government, or another government tries to remove our freedoms guaranteed under #1 if we don't have #2 there isn't anything we can do to preserve the "security of a (our) free state". The Amendments are not silos, randomly thrown together thoughts.
Certainly, the First Amendment is part of the foundation of our society, but the Second Amendment was created so people could maintain a militia and protect our country against foreign incursions, not against our own government as popular culture would like to believe. At that time, the United States did not have a powerful standing military, so it was important to have its citizens double as soldiers to protect the country against foreign invasion if necessary.

"Free" in this case, means free from foreign influence.

Second, even if you don't believe this - do you really believe that somehow your own personal stash of guns is going to overthrow the government if it puts any limits on the First Amendment?

Quote:
When "God" was added to the Anthem isn't the point... the point is that someone's offended so now it has to go, now someone has to be censored. AND I agree that people have the right to do what they want on their own property, that's not the point. The point to not being censored is being able to freely express your belief's ANYWHERE you want. And how is allowing a nativity scene promoting one religion over another? Isn't forbidding it punishing those who follow that religion? I guess it depends on your perspective.
No, the point is that our society believes that there should be a separation between our government and religion and that our government shouldn't be pushing any one religion over the rest. A teacher in a public school should not be forcing their religious views upon their students. Putting a reference to the Judeo-Christian God in our national pledge of allegience is not about freedom of speech - it's about trying to say we like this religion (Christianity and its sects) over the rest.

Regarding allowing a nativity scene:

1) Are you talking about allowing this in schools or in over government buildings? If so, refer to my previous paragraph about the separation of church and state.

2) Do you honestly not understand how having a nativity scene pushes Judeo-Christian beliefs over others?

Not allowing someone to put up a nativity scene in a government building isn't punishing someone for following a religion. They can follow a religion all they want - they just can't bring it into a government space that should be treating all religions equally.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #114
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The Official Motto of the USA is "In God We Trust". ijs
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #115
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The Official Motto of the USA is "In God We Trust". ijs
Actually, the original motto of the United States is "E Pluribus Unum", or "out of many, one". It was what was placed on the Great Seal of the United States in 1782.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_pluribus_unum

"In God We Trust" was adopted also in the 1950's (like the Under God addition) as an alternative to it. Guess there was a surge of love for the God of Moses in that time period.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_we_trust
Old 05-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #116
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Actually, JBarfo, you are right. I stand corrected. I think it was part of a surge of God to prove we weren't godless, like the Communists.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #117
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Jim Carey is a cunt. Here is a real AMERICAN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ju4Gla2odw
Old 05-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #118
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Since 1864 is good enough for me. Beside the fact, I trust GOD.

In God we trust
For other uses, see In God We Trust (disambiguation).

"In God we trust" on the back of a U.S. Twenty Dollar Bill.
"In God we trust " was adopted as the official motto of the United States in 1956 as an alternative or replacement to the unofficial motto of E pluribus unum, adopted when the Great Seal of the United States was created and adopted in 1782.[1][2]

"In God we trust" has appeared on most U.S. coins since 1864[3] and on paper currency since 1957.[4] Some secularists object to its use.[5]

It is also the motto of the U.S. state of Florida. Its Spanish equivalent, En Dios Confiamos, is the motto of the Republic of Nicaragua.[6]
Old 05-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #119
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

You're a fucking imbecile, IFFY!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:16 AM   #120
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote: