Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162522
Yssup Rider60337
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48428
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41470
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35846
Mojojo33117

Old 10-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #106
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Really? I submit that it's always a good idea to investigate before opining.

Did you read this thread?

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=740839

Go ahead, read it. ALL of it!

Then tell me who makes whom look bad. That's not even a remotely close call.

And please don't tell me that you seriously believe this jackwagon actually taught university-level economics!
OK, I read the thread. I certainly agree with you when you say the current tax system is flawed, and that the FairTax would be difficult to pass. However, when COG and others reasonably assert that it being difficult to pass is no reason to give up, you become inappropriately enraged that your point of view is not wholeheartedly accepted. Then, you become fixated upon forcing people to side with you. Immediately! You fail to understand the importance of getting an emotional connection to people before applying the logic which seems right to you but others do not instinctively support.

Further, you assert without proof that COG doesn't understand the relatively simple concepts such as marginal propensity to consume, and average propensity to consume, and thus attempt to buttress your belief, based upon your emotion, that he never taught at a university level. He ignores your petty little effort, and you become enraged again, same as in this thread. (By the way, I did not understand tax incidence, but now I do - thanks for the link to that paper)

My conclusion is you live in a world where everyone who stays in your good graces gets your love, and you withhold it from those who disagree. They depend upon you financially, so they play along, avoiding you and your raging episodes as much as they can. You probably have some minor league level financial success, and many insecurities.

COG whipped your ass!!
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #107
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default I sure hope your retirement security doesn't depend on your ability to research and argue cases before a court of law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
OK, I read the thread. I certainly agree with you when you say the current tax system is flawed, and that the FairTax would be difficult to pass. However, when COG and others reasonably assert that it being difficult to pass is no reason to give up, you become inappropriately enraged that your point of view is not wholeheartedly accepted. Inappropriately enraged? Ha! The guy hauled off in post #28 and said that I "sounded stupid," clearly without having any understanding of the topic under discussion. And he kept at it, ad nauseam. Do you really think he deserved anything other than to be regarded with utter contempt? Then, you become fixated upon forcing people to side with you. Immediately! You fail to understand the importance of getting an emotional connection to people before applying the logic which seems right to you but others do not instinctively support. And you, also, obviously failed to make any serious attempt to understand this topic. Further, if COG had been interested in establishing such an "emotional connection" himself, he would have done well to back up for just a moment before hitting "submit reply" at post #28 in that thread. Right, counselor?

Further, you assert without proof that COG doesn't understand the relatively simple concepts such as marginal propensity to consume, and average propensity to consume, and thus attempt to buttress your belief, based upon your emotion, that he never taught at a university level. Say what?? Based on "emotion?" No one who has any familiarity with those intro level concepts would remotely attempt to argue (and repeatedly!) that the FairTax is not a very regressive tax system. He ignores your petty little effort ("Petty little effort?" You're accusing ME of a "petty little effort," when the other guy is the one who falsely claimed to have taught university-level econ? LMAO!), and you become enraged again, same as in this thread. (By the way, I did not understand tax incidence, but now I do - thanks for the link to that paper) You're welcome! But please note additionally that it would be well-nigh impossible to make it through an accredited undergrad economics program (let alone a graduate program!) without having a clue about what "tax incidence" means. This, along with having no understanding of MPS/MPC, demonstrate beyond any reasonable doubt that COG never taught university-level economics. It would be like a math prof having no clue about what the limit of a function is!

My conclusion is you live in a world where everyone who stays in your good graces gets your love, and you withhold it from those who disagree. They depend upon you financially, so they play along, avoiding you and your raging episodes as much as they can. You probably have some minor league level financial success, and many insecurities. Well, lookie here! We have a "lawyer" (but one who isn't very good at assessing the facts before rendering a judgment) who also fancies himself as quite the over-the-internet amateur psychoanalyst!

COG whipped your ass!! Yeah, right! Just like you whip guys' asses in fistfights at Love Field, eh, fat boy?
You popped off with a clueless jab directed at me in post #101 -- before you bothered to read the FairTax thread! So your final judgment was preordained, and your mind is as closed as the door on a high-end jeweler's safe. Just like COG's.

Right, counselor?
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:12 AM   #108
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
You popped off with a clueless jab directed at me in post #101 -- before you bothered to read the FairTax thread! So your final judgment was preordained, and your mind is as closed as the door on a high-end jeweler's safe (you used that one already...boring). Just like COG's.

Right, counselor?
I was popping off in post 101 about this thread, "corporate greed" which is bad, by the way, and which I had also read. Also, another thread where COG verbally spanked yo ass, Captain Crunch!

Unfortunately, no one has had the guts to meet me at Love Field yet, so I could properly kick their ass! You might note that I no longer offer that or wagers - I get stiffed, anyway.

Anyway, you are a smart guy, so you should do what I do and see a counselor, which as you correctly surmised is how I obtained my amateur psychological abilities. You in particular have a need to show everyone how smart you are - why does it bother you when they don't think you are overwhelmingly smart?
Old 10-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #109
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Thanks for that valuable advice, Jewish Lawyer. I'll be sure to take it under advisement!

But now that you've donned your amateur psychoanalyst's hat, how about trying this challenge on for size? After COG ran out of what he seemed to believe were credible ways in which to bolster his arguments on behalf of the FairTax, he hauled off in frustration and claimed to have taught economics at the university level, despite knowing very little about the subject.

Jesus Christ! That was quite embarrassing. Why would someone so openly boast of obviously nonexistent credentials? Can you think of an explanation other than rank insecurity?

Of course, I realize that you're one of just a few members of COG's Hallelujah Chorus, so I really don't expect you to touch that one. Instead, you'll most likely just continue to act as an abject apologist for his behavior and his rhetoric, if you post anything at all.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #110
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
I was popping off in post 101 about this thread, "corporate greed" which is bad, by the way, and which I had also read. Also, another thread where COG verbally spanked yo ass, Captain Crunch!

Unfortunately, no one has had the guts to meet me at Love Field yet, so I could properly kick their ass! You might note that I no longer offer that or wagers - I get stiffed, anyway.

Anyway, you are a smart guy, so you should do what I do and see a counselor, which as you correctly surmised is how I obtained my amateur psychological abilities. You in particular have a need to show everyone how smart you are - why does it bother you when they don't think you are overwhelmingly smart?
The "love field" you refer to you get stiffed there a lot little butt boy .LOL
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #111
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Why would someone so openly boast of obviously nonexistent credentials? Can you think of an explanation other than rank insecurity?
Because he can. This site is anonymous so he can't be asked to prove it and you can't disprove it either. So you just go back and forth ad nauseam about it.

Didn't COG also claim to have earned a law or JD degree? Let's fight about that one too.

By the way, I am an Oxford scholar, a Nobel laureate, and a Congressional medal of honor recipient. I hold a Phd in advanced linguistics, Olympic medals in track and field, and have won (stages in) the Tour de France. There's more, but I don't want to sound immodest. Just remember you don't want to fuck with me!

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #112
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Flooding the forum with redundant threads is simply a nuisance.
The political forum is full of redundant threads
zerodahero is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #113
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Because he can. This site is anonymous so he can't be asked to prove it and you can't disprove it either. So you just go back and forth ad nauseam about it.

Didn't COG also claim to have earned a law or JD degree? Let's fight about that one too.

By the way, I am an Oxford scholar, a Nobel laureate, and a Congressional medal of honor recipient. I hold a Phd in advanced linguistics, Olympic medals in track and field, and have won (stages in) the Tour de France. There's more, but I don't want to sound immodest. Just remember you don't want to fuck with me!

Well, alrighty then! Just to fit in with the spirit of the occasion, I'll play.

I'm a Fields Medal recipient, a FIDE-titled International Grandmaster, and a former NBA All-Star.

Obviously, the only difference between me and COG is that I never posted anything that would so easily let anyone demonstrate beyond a reasonable doubt that the above statements are untrue!!
Old 10-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #114
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

If you've viewed any of the threads with JL and me, you know there is no love lost between us. I have attacked him numerous times, so he has no reason to support me. I'm glad he overcame his dislike for me and rendered an objective opinion, which is exactly right. He's a much classier guy than I thought.

It's true, MoonBat, you didn't even give me a chance to discuss MPC, and related matters before you came entirely unglued. If you knew my credentials and my history, you would look like an even bigger asshole, if that's possible. I will not share my credentials because it would make me too easy to identify. But had you remained even a little less maniacal, we could have resolved many of these issues.

Since you state you also oppose the income tax, I offered you the opportunity to share your alternative. You refused. The FairTax is not the only alternative, and I'd like to know about others, but you were more interested in "humiliating" me (you failed, by the way) than actually discussing anything.

I even started a thread where I promised to be civil. That really didn't do much, but I tried. You take this place WAY too seriously. You take such personal offense at the insults, where I see this as more of a place like a bar where guys go, insult and call each other names, and go home laughing and agree to meet again to do it all again. GET OVER YOURSELF! IT'S NOT PERSONAL! If this place pisses you off, do something else. There is no need to volunteer to get pissed off. You don't have to prove yourself to anyone. This is a SHMB, fer Chrissakes!

Now, I'm going to have fun. Maybe piss off Assup or something. But to be honest, with only one exception, there is no one on this board I wouldn't love to have a beer with. Several years ago I was extremely sick, and while these guys didn't know it, they kept me going. That's when the bulk of my posts were made. As much as we bitch and moan back and forth, I really appreciate the guys here. I think if we knew each other, we'd have each other's backs when we needed it.

So have fun, or do something else. Find what makes you smile.

And if any of the rest of you take my "attacks" personally, please know they are not meant that way. We're just a bunch of drunks having fun.

Now back to your regularly scheduled tirade.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #115
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well, alrighty then! Just to fit in with the spirit of the occasion, I'll play.

I'm a Fields Medal recipient, a FIDE-titled International Grandmaster, and a former NBA All-Star.
JEWISH RECIPIENTS OF THE FIELDS MEDAL IN MATHEMATICS
(27% of recipients)

If that were true and I assume you are obviously just making a point, there is a 1 in 4 chance you are one of our tribe.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #116
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Just a few points in rebuttal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
If you've viewed any of the threads with JL and me, you know there is no love lost between us. I have attacked him numerous times, so he has no reason to support me. I'm glad he overcame his dislike for me and rendered an objective opinion, which is exactly right. He's a much classier guy than I thought. Well, that's nice to hear!

It's true, MoonBat, you didn't even give me a chance to discuss MPC, and related matters before you came entirely unglued. But you can't claim to be remotely knowledgeable about MPC/MPS, while at the same time repeatedly claiming that the FairTax is not a regressive tax (which, of course, you did). Sorry, but that's a circle that you simply can't square. If you knew my credentials and my history, you would look like an even bigger asshole, if that's possible. I will not share my credentials because it would make me too easy to identify. Good Lord! Would it even be possible for anyone to be more obtuse? But had you remained even a little less maniacal, we could have resolved many of these issues. And none of the incivility would have occurred if you hadn't started accusing me of "sounding stupid" and continually telling me that I needed to "learn something." When you start hurling insults, especially while demonstrating that you have very little knowledge of the subject under discussion, you shouldn't be surprised if your actions boomerang!

Since you state you also oppose the income tax, I offered you the opportunity to share your alternative. You refused. The FairTax is not the only alternative, and I'd like to know about others, but you were more interested in "humiliating" me (you failed, by the way) than actually discussing anything. You asked me to suggest what tax system I might support, but only after your continual failure to even make the slightest effort to rebut any of the points I made. Understandably, I decided to pass at that point. Otherwise I probably would have been happy to extend the discussion to other tax policy issues.

I even started a thread where I promised to be civil. Yes, you did. And, in fact, you kept your word and refrained from hurling insults -- at least in that thread. So, I was happy to discuss the issue with you, since I strongly prefer a civil discussion. But that's just me. YOMV! That really didn't do much, but I tried. You take this place WAY too seriously. You take such personal offense at the insults, where I see this as more of a place like a bar where guys go, insult and call each other names, and go home laughing and agree to meet again to do it all again. GET OVER YOURSELF! IT'S NOT PERSONAL! If this place pisses you off, do something else. There is no need to volunteer to get pissed off. You don't have to prove yourself to anyone. This is a SHMB, fer Chrissakes! It appears that you greatly misunderstood my mood! Like many others here, I can throw some pretty sharp elbows when provoked. But I was actually rather amused throughout all this. Otherwise, I wouldn't have stuck around!

Now, I'm going to have fun. Maybe piss off Assup or something. But to be honest, with only one exception, there is no one on this board I wouldn't love to have a beer with. Several years ago I was extremely sick, and while these guys didn't know it, they kept me going. That's when the bulk of my posts were made. As much as we bitch and moan back and forth, I really appreciate the guys here. I think if we knew each other, we'd have each other's backs when we needed it. I agree, and feel that I'd probably enjoy sitting down and having a beer or two with just about anyone here. Even you, COG! (Although I realize that the feeling is obviously not mutual.)

So have fun, or do something else. Find what makes you smile. Oh, indeed I do!

And if any of the rest of you take my "attacks" personally, please know they are not meant that way. We're just a bunch of drunks having fun.

Look, I get that the FairTax is a beloved pet project of yours. You've started a whole bunch of threads on it over the last few years, both here and in the national Sandbox.

You seem to take great personal umbrage at the suggestion that arguments supporting it melt down in short order, since their vacuousness is so easily exposed. Yet that's exactly the case, as I demonstrated conclusively in those two long threads.

It simply isn't good enough to respond to every challenge with references to that goofy website, or links to stuff produced by a small cadre of ignorant, deceptive, or disingenuous pro-FairTax pundits and bloggers. That dog won't hunt!
But hey, this is supposed to be a fantasy site, right?

So just go ahead and continue believing whatever you want to!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:01 PM   #117
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

And same to you.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women