Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70756
biomed162920
Yssup Rider60577
gman4453257
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48538
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42115
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #106
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post

I’ve been involved in commercial construction for over 40 years. You’re wrong.
Just "40 years"? (Then you KNOW "LEED" didn't exist 40 years ago!)

So, when you sit down to design a public school building to let a bid you INTENTIONALLY draw the building to look like a prison?

Oh, if you don't, do you know anyone who does? By Name!

I'm "wrong"? You think this doesn't look like a prison? VVVVV

LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:59 AM   #107
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Actually, I'm not clear what the point is that it "looks" like a prison.

This looks like a prison to me ...

The Federal Women's Unit in Bryan, which was built on the old Allen Military Academy campus used to not have a fence around it (I have not seen it in years [if it is even there any more!], but it did have a yellow line around the campus .... you didn't cross the line.

As for windows ... doesn't it annoy you when you are attempting to convey information to someone and they are looking out the window?

Again, I believe the minimal windows look is more an environmental/energy interest consistent with the EPA information I posted ... Additionally, it might reduce the cost of replacing window glass from vandalism from the outside as well as from the inside. It's just more cost efficient.

The windows in the Broward school were hurricane rated in thickness. Cruz tried to shoot one out on the 2nd floor and only punched some holes in it with the rifle. The glass remained intact.

This would have discouraged Cruze from entering the campus ...

The back perimeter of these schools also have wire fences. Some of them are fairly high. But don't have razor wire, control gates and doubled walled no mans land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Back in the day, when we used to walk to school - uphill both ways in deep snow, The classrooms had doors and windows that could open. Many didn't have air conditioning. Today you have classrooms with a single door and energy efficient windows that don't open. Oft times they are bullet resistant.

Unfortunately, this creates a space with only a single way in and out, known commonly as a Death Funnel. If a perp makes it into the room it's likely noone else makes it out - unless you happen to have a well trained and armed teacher inside.
Right, my point being that we've probably done 95% of what is socially acceptable in making the school physically secure. Go pick up you kids at school? I've had to be buzzed in the last 5 years and go thru an airlock.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:41 PM   #108
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Back in the day, when we used to walk to school - uphill both ways in deep snow, The classrooms had doors and windows that could open. Many didn't have air conditioning. Today you have classrooms with a single door and energy efficient windows that don't open. Oft times they are bullet resistant.

Unfortunately, this creates a space with only a single way in and out, known commonly as a Death Funnel. If a perp makes it into the room it's likely noone else makes it out - unless you happen to have a well trained and armed teacher inside.
It's amazing how people modify reality to suit their agenda.

How many classrooms in a public school have you seen in your lifetime with two doors (and I'm excluding a closet door inside the room)?

What is "well-trained"?

And finally, how many public schools have you seen with "bullet proof" windows in the classrooms?

"Austin"? Why does "Austin" need a "well-trained" teacher with a "gun" in every classroom?

Old 03-05-2018, 12:49 PM   #109
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Go pick up you kids at school? I've had to be buzzed in the last 5 years and go thru an airlock.
Not a very secure school if they let your ass in it....did Chris Hansen buzz you in?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:29 PM   #110
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
The back perimeter of these schools also have wire fences. Some of them are fairly high. But don't have razor wire, control gates and doubled walled no mans land.

Right, my point being that we've probably done 95% of what is socially acceptable in making the school physically secure. Go pick up you kids at school? I've had to be buzzed in the last 5 years and go thru an airlock.
High fences make good neighbors. I suppose one has to walk the fence line around these "prison looking" schools to determine the purpose of the fence ... "keep in" or "keep out" ... or "both"? My EXPERIENCE has been both purposes in one fence ... because both results were disruptive and inappropriate for an academic learning environment. But I always viewed "going to school" to be to learn shit so I could graduate.

I'm sure when you drop your kids off at school you tell them to not leave the school until you come and get them, and they follow your instructions everyday without exception. And if that's the case that's good! Unfortunately, not EVERYONE has obedient kids!

So the school district has to pay for a "truant officer" to track down those kids who leave the school or just don't show up like they tell their parents they are going to do.

And also not everyone respects "boundaries" and "borders"! So having challenging fences (and walls?) around one's property is made necessary by people who TRESPASS OR SNEAK INTO THE PROPERTY! I can recall only one place I've lived that didn't have a fence to discourage unwanted guests from coming on the property .... and we had a pitbull that ran freely around in the area surrounding the residence. He didn't like intruders: 4 or 2 legs.

Does that make it a "prison"? No! Is it herding cats? YES!

BTW: When the "well-trained" gun-totting teacher is sick for a day or two (or has some other family emergency) does the district hire a "well-trained" gun-totting sub to fill in for the absent "well-trained" gun-totting teacher?
Old 03-05-2018, 01:33 PM   #111
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
High fences make good neighbors. I suppose one has to walk the fence line around these "prison looking" schools to determine the purpose of the fence ... "keep in" or "keep out" ... or "both"?

I'm sure when you drop your kids off at school you tell them to not leave the school until you come and get them, and they follow your instructions everyday without exception. And if that's the case that's good! Unfortunately, not EVERYONE has obedient kids!

So the school district has to pay for a "truant officer" to track down those kids who leave the school or just don't show up like they tell their parents they are going to do.

And also not everyone respects "boundaries" and "borders"! So having challenging fences (and walls?) around one's property is made necessary by people who TRESPASS OR SNEAK INTO THE PROPERTY! I can recall only one place I've lived that didn't have a fence to discourage unwanted guests from coming on the property .... and we had a pitbull that ran freely around in the area surrounding the residence. He didn't like intruders: 4 or 2 legs.

Does that make it a "prison"? No! Is it herding cats? YES!

BTW: When the "well-trained" gun-totting teacher is sick for a day or two (or has some other family emergency) does the district hire a "well-trained" gun-totting sub to fill in for the absent "well-trained" gun-totting teacher?

Fear monger. Lol. You’re just a scared old man. Stay home Lex. Make yourself a prisoner
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #112
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:

Fear monger. Lol. You’re just a scared old man. Stay home Lex. Make yourself a prisoner
How would you know? Or are you just making up shit again?

Did you say you were "involved in commercial construction"?

Let's see ...

"involved in commercial construction" and

don't know English!

Are you one of the "Dreamers"?

Or did you just get here?
Old 03-05-2018, 01:44 PM   #113
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Lengua View Post
So can we expect wtf to blame the teacher for HIS 14 YEARS in pre-K and STILL no graduation???
Maybe if more schools got BACK TO THE practice of holding kids back, who don't deserve (cause of grades etc) to graduate to the next grade higher, WE MIGHT slowly turn around the stupidity of the current generation.
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #114
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
Maybe if more schools got BACK TO THE practice of holding kids back, who don't deserve (cause of grades etc) to graduate to the next grade higher, WE MIGHT slowly turn around the stupidity of the current generation.
Have you ever sat in a meeting of school officials discussing "social promotions"? It starts out with how many are coming up from "below" to how many "chairs" do we have, and then who stays and who goes. Believe it or not! The "good ones" remain held back and the turds get pushed along down the "tube" headed for the door! It's a numbers game and all can't stay and all can't go! Like hospitals decide who is sick enough to be "hospitalized" based on the number of beds!
Old 03-05-2018, 02:56 PM   #115
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
I'm just academically curious.

How do you KNOW how "most people" feel or don't feel about anything? Most particularly that teachers "having guns is within being a well regulated militia" or not?

Will move on to the actual interpretations by the SCOTUS.
Only a small portion of Americans think it is a good idea. And yes teachers having guns would be within the boundaries of a well regulated militia, or at least until it proves to be a disaster. LOL!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...n_2773558.html
https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/...-control-laws/

When you "move on" to what the SCOTUS has to say why don't you start with the first time they ruled on it. One would think earlier courts where more in tune to what the amendment was about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United..._v._Cruikshank

If you have to have it "mansplained", I will attempt to simplify it for you. The second amendment does not give you the" right to bear arms" It only prevents the federal government from infringing on your right to.

Quote:
“Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited…”. It is “…not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

“Nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.”

“We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller (an earlier case) said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time”. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of ‘dangerous and unusual weapons.’ ”

The court even recognizes a long-standing judicial precedent “…to consider… prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons.”

MT Pockets is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #116
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Pockets View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]
When you "move on" to what the SCOTUS has to say why don't you start with the first time they ruled on it.

If you have to have it "mansplained", ....
Wait! You are going to "mansplain" what to me?

How to read a SCOTUS opinion?

As for your first ignorant statement ... errr.... question?

Answer: For the same reason I don't look at the earlier cases regarding all of the "bill of rights" and most particularly the 4th and 5th amendments but also the 2nd amendment.

As for the retarded statement that:

"The second amendment does not give you the" right to bear arms" It only prevents the federal government from infringing on your right to."

It also "prevents" the state government from doing so as well, and at least Texans have a similar provision in our State Constitution ... but ...

.... you have it back assward ...

I have the right to bear arms period! I never said the 2nd amendment gives me that "right"! I was born with it and so was every other person born in this country or born to parents from this country! The governments don't give me my "rights" PROTECTED by the Bill of Rights!

One cannot "infringe" on a right that does not already exist ... by definition.

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
But if you want to be a "strict constructionist" and "assume" that the right to "bear arms" was given in the 2nd amendment for the purpose of arming a "well regulated Militia" as a "necessary to the security of a free State" then there exists a "right of the people to keep and bear arms" that would adequately defend them against the weapons of the government, which the government elects to unleash upon "the People" to deprive them of "a free State"!

Weapons vs. Weapons!

Otherwise your meaning of the 2nd Amendment would be worthless ... if the Government can assure that "the People" lack the type of arms to successfully defend them against being deprived of "a free State"!
Old 03-05-2018, 03:10 PM   #117
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
How would you know? Or are you just making up shit again?

Did you say you were "involved in commercial construction"?

Let's see ...

"involved in commercial construction" and

don't know English!

Are you one of the "Dreamers"?

Or did you just get here?
Lex , anytime you don’t like something you reply, “how would you know” or some such bullshit. Everyone or a lot of people know you’re an asshole. Like I said though, you’re our asshole. Love you Brother
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:14 PM   #118
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Encounters: 14
Default Wrong-way-Harry

Quote:
It's amazing how people modify reality to suit their agenda.
Is that supposed to have any discernible meaning? Aren't you proposing modifying existing reality?!? Isn't that the point of the whole discussion, to change existing reality?!? Or is your plan to take yer chances with lives in existing schools and only fortify new ones as they are built, off in the distant future reality?!?

Quote:
How many classrooms in a public school have you seen in your lifetime with two doors (and I'm excluding a closet door inside the room)?
Several, typical auditoriums, gymnasiums have multiple doors as do some older, bigger ones - think of some of those divided classrooms with partitions in the middle. But that wasn't what I meant Einstein. The windows were exit points, if need be. Did the critical thinking horse leave the barn without you today?

Quote:
What is "well-trained"?
Well.. it sure as ch*te ain't Broward County Sheriff trained or managed. First, it should include - wait for it... asking the existing staff what level of training they already have. Next would be asking new applicants. BTW: human nature being what it is, some qualified candidates may decline to include that information. Either way, a skills assessment and gap analysis can likely be built off of existing potential. Otherwise, it could include basic NRA safety training to start. Though I would advocate strongly against trying to start with completely green wood. Add in CC, tactical and physiological prep.

Nobody is advocating that all teachers and/or admin. staff would need a gun. Just like nobody is advocating for an armed police officer in every classroom. But for the love of all things holy - this includes the little urchins - quit disarming the already well trained ones we have and putting them in the same gun-free zone.

Dunno your point of posting the Austin PD logo. Should I post the Broward County Sheriff logo for you?!? Afterall, they did have a resource officer on-site, who milled about with three other Deputies as they arrived.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:26 PM   #119
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Lex , anytime you don’t like something you reply, “how would you know” or some such bullshit.
That's not a true statement. I reply "how would you know" when someone as dumb as you pretends they know me by discussing my "character" ... and those people that actually know me realize I'm not an "asshole," but I can be one on occasion.

But, for the record, I do note you, like a lot of the other immature bloggers on here, turn to personal ridicule when you lack any substantive response to the FACTS. I recall those days in grade school: "You're a queer!" ... "You're a liar"! As they run off to avoid the continued embarrassment.

Do you know more about commercial construction than Trump?
Old 03-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #120
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Aren't you proposing modifying existing reality?!?
Handing a firearm with the requisite responsibility to a teacher may be proposing a change to "existing reality," but it makes zero sense when the school district has a standing police officer ....

unless, of course, your "assessment" for instance of the Austin ISD school police officers is that a teacher would be better suited to function as a police officer in the classroom than those officers who have already been trained, requalified, and provided additional training on top of that they already have.

Is that your "assessment" ... teachers make better cops? Even Austin cops?

And I didn't advocate having an armed cop in every classroom ... I've been saying ... protect at the perimeter ...

just like airports, government buildings, concerts, sports events, and recreational facilities.

As for your solution you HAVE TO HAVE all teachers armed! And their substitutes when they are absent.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women