Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 02-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #106
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Hot damn, nothing get's under JB's skin more than a Tea Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
WTF you bring up your pro-murder of children mantra every time one of us brings up the fact that the Tea Party is a non-religious semi-organization. I think a lot of you Pro-Murder folks would take a different path if you had to take that kids head outside the V canal and stick a pair of scissors into its brain.
Bebe says that all women have the right to kill that kid. OK Bebe, get your scissors ready doll and stick it in. Oh, you can't do it! You'd rather a doc do it! OK, then let's put the doc in jail for life. Murder is murder no matter what you call it or how you rationalize it.
Rant over! Sorry that some of you are offended. The dead kids were offended worse.

So it is now Pro Murder instead of Pro choice? Hot Damnnnnnnn

Depending on the trimester, that statement has validity. If you believe inception or test tube babies are murdered I would have to respectfully disagree. I believe in the morning after pill and limited first tri.

Had you understood the jest of my statement, you would have noted that my real point was not to bash the good intentions of the Tea Folks but their seemingly inconsistent stance of taking power from the Federal Government and then giving it to the state another government entity. How does that mesh with more personal freedom? It was not a pro abortion post. I do understand though you were busy with atlcomedy's old thread bumps!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #107
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

User ID: 66305

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
since religions are beliefs theism and atheism are beliefs the exact opposite of what you stated can be a POV too. Just replace atheist with theist (religious believer) and you have the same valid POV. you can`t argue beliefs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
Bebe i know what you mean but atheism is also a belief. what you state is non-believe or sophism or scientific research. Believers never search for fact. atheists don`t necessarily seek truth anymore than theists do. Its very simple to explain. If you look at a word on how it is combined you see that a-thei -sm includes theo which is god. it defines itself thru the " non belief in god" which is a belief per se. you cannot really say that "god does not exist" in the same way that you can`t say "god does exist". Both are belief-systems. The existence of god is not to be proofen since real science can`t proof anything. Only make references and point out trúths valid within certain reference frames.
So - talking about scientific approval that "god does not exist" its not possible. You cannot say with certainty that "god does not exist" since no one has ever seen proof of it in a certain frame of reference. You can`t question a belief because a belief is based on science fiction (or drug induced writings - an austrian cartoonist portrayed the bible as product of hemp smoking people which holds some legitimacy to it - and he got death threats :-) ....and was not allowed to enter greece anymore (Greece = catholic orthodox).

so atheism is a belief system same as theism. they just hold opposite POVs. So if you are against religious belief systems its not a smart move to state you are an atheist. you could argue to be a non-believer ;-). Hope that helped. Otherwise, i think you are a great intellectual! I value your posts and i vallue the way you underline your arguments with quotations and references. Really really great! Keep up the great work. Love reading your posts!
Well this is where I have to disagree with you.

Golf and basketball are sports. Sandwiches and omelets are meals. Is the choice not to play golf also a sport? If I eat nothing what meal am I eating?

This is one of the classic apologist moves that makes religion inescapable. (there are many) You cannot even opt out of religion without it being a religion.

It also highlights the cultural double standard of religious dialogue. The arguments put forth in defense of religious positions would not be seriously considered in any other context because they are absurd. They get a pass because we are afraid of offending peoples religious beliefs.
Without a little more intellectual honesty than that no serious progress will be made toward anything.

No, atheism is not a belief system same as theism. If someone says that they have an Invisible Pink Unicorn for a pet or a Dragon living in their garage not believing them is not a belief system, it’s called being rational.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #108
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
Bebe says that all women have the right to kill that kid. OK Bebe, get your scissors ready doll and stick it in. Oh, you can't do it! You'd rather a doc do it! OK, then let's put the doc in jail for life. Murder is murder no matter what you call it or how you rationalize it.
Rant over! Sorry that some of you are offended. The dead kids were offended worse.
Wow! Every woman has a right to choose when it concerns her body. That does not make her a murderer anymore than it makes the doctor a murderer. I am offended by your statements, and the lack of logic you seem to display. It is laughable. I have had two in my lifetime. Don't regret it a bit. I think it is absurd that they are forcing women to have to look at the fetus via Ultrasound before she is allowed to proceed with an abortion. Like it does alot of good trying to shame a person, or make them feel even more guilty than they already do about their situation. So you would prefer that women go back to doing themselves in back ally's with coat hangers and bleeding to death?
Old 02-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #109
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Abortion is a subject much like politics or religion, sometimes its better to be left alone. Everyone has a disenting opinion on the subject. Some religions believe it's murder, some people believe it's justifiable. Eugenisists advocated it as a form of population control. IMHO it should never be used as a form of birth control because of ones inability to be responsible for their actions.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #110
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
I was wondering how long it would take for this last ruling to be noted. It goes way beyond the first one but so far no injunction against moving forward pending the appeals.
Actually, he ruled that there was no need for an injunction since his order had the same effect. If the law is unconstitutional, they can't implement it. Not that the House is going to approve the funds do do so anyways.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #111
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
So it is now Pro Murder instead of Pro choice? Hot Damnnnnnnn

Depending on the trimester, that statement has validity. If you believe inception or test tube babies are murdered I would have to respectfully disagree. I believe in the morning after pill and limited first tri.

Had you understood the jest of my statement, you would have noted that my real point was not to bash the good intentions of the Tea Folks but their seemingly inconsistent stance of taking power from the Federal Government and then giving it to the state another government entity. How does that mesh with more personal freedom? It was not a pro abortion post. I do understand though you were busy with atlcomedy's old thread bumps!
If the goal was just to get a rise out of somebody...mission accomplished!

JB, the post to which WTF refers is actually the genesis of my comment to you in ATL's thread. Call me crazy but I expect/want more from my mods...

Any idiot can take the bait. So, let some other idiot take it...then box both their ears for taking it to a level this forum is, allegedly, above...
Old 02-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #112
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post
Abortion is a subject much like politics or religion, sometimes its better to be left alone. Everyone has a disenting opinion on the subject. Some religions believe it's murder, some people believe it's justifiable. Eugenisists advocated it as a form of population control. IMHO it should never be used as a form of birth control because of ones inability to be responsible for their actions.
Women do not use abortion as a form of birth control. The last thing a woman wants is to have to go through such a an ordeal. Women do not take it lightly, and to suggest that they do, or that they use it as a form of birth control is also an absurd notion / statement.

Edit: It isn't just as simple as you might think, and it's not that they had unprotected sex and then they do not want to accept responsibility. Contraceptives fail. Or a woman already has children. Or a woman is raped, or in a bad relationship, or she is poor and does not have the means to raise a baby, or has an illness like say "cancer" that a pregnancy could exacerbate and kill her faster.. the list goes on.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #113
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe Le Strange View Post
Women do not use abortion as a form of birth control. The last thing a woman wants is to have to go through such a an ordeal. Women do not take it lightly, and to suggest that they do, or that they use it as a form of birth control is also an absurd notion / statement.

Edit: It isn't just as simple as you might think, and it's not that they had unprotected sex and then they do not want to accept responsibility. Contraceptives fail. Or a woman already has children. Or a woman is raped, or in a bad relationship, or she is poor and does not have the means to raise a baby, or has an illness like say "cancer" that a pregnancy could exacerbate and kill her faster.. the list goes on.
Evidence suggests otherwise.

Death Threats, Hate Mail for 'Abortion Addict' Author Author Irene Vilar, Who Had 15 Abortions in 16 Years, Anticipated Reaction, Death Threats
By SUSAN DONALDSON JAMES
ABC News
Oct. 14, 2009

Pro-life groups have been appalled and infuriated by a controversial book by Irene Vilar that chronicles her life as a self-professed "abortion addict," having had 15 abortions in 16 years.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ReproductiveHealth/abortion-addict-admits-multiple-abortions-suicide-attempts/story?id=8826305
Old 02-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #114
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Quote:

Are you going to suggest that every girl that responded to this question didn't use her ability to reason and self control before she got pregnant? If they weren't using a contraceptive, they damn sure knew the consequences. Having an abortion after the fact is birth control (edit: or Eugenics).

Horrifying...

Birth or not, help us decide, a real abortion vote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #115
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post
. Having an abortion after the fact is birth control
I have to disagree, while yes, unfortunately there are some women out there who do it because they are irresponsible....But not every single woman out there who has had an abortion thought to herself when she was fucking.."Gee, I'm not going to use protection because I can always just pop down to the abortion center!"

There are many many other reasons why some woman choose to have it done.

Birth Control Pills & Condoms are to help prevent pregnancy, so how can you say having an abortion after someone is already with child is a form of birth control?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #116
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
I have to disagree, while yes, unfortunately there are some women out there who do it because they are irresponsible....But not every single woman out there who has had an abortion thought to herself when she was fucking.."Gee, I'm not going to use protection because I can always just pop down to the abortion center!"

There are many many other reasons why some woman choose to have it done.

Birth Control Pills & Condoms are to help prevent pregnancy, so how can you say having an abortion after someone is already with child is a form of birth control?
Thank you. That was my point. Not all abortions are necessary. Reading ib's post shows a another example of poor decision-making. However, there are those that choose to abort for no other reason than "i don't want a baby." And I don't believe its all women just some.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #117
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
I have to disagree, ....But not every single woman out there who has had an abortion thought to herself when she was fucking.."Gee, I'm not going to use protection because I can always just pop down to the abortion center!"
Agreed. Only a portion of women fall into such a group.

In 2000, a total of 857,475 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC by 49 reporting areas (excluding Alaska, California, and New Hampshire). The CDC reports that in the year 2000, 29% of women having an abortion had had a previous abortion, and 18% of women having an abortion reported having two or more previous abortions.

http://www.policyalmanac.org/culture/archive/abortion_statistics.shtml
Old 02-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #118
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Agreed. Only a portion of women fall into such a group.

In 2000, a total of 857,475 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC by 49 reporting areas (excluding Alaska, California, and New Hampshire). The CDC reports that in the year 2000, 29% of women having an abortion had had a previous abortion, and 18% of women having an abortion reported having two or more previous abortions.

http://www.policyalmanac.org/culture/archive/abortion_statistics.shtml
Doesn't "a portion of women" overstate it just a bit?

That's 400,000 women out of a total female population of 155,000,000.

That's .0025 of the female population.

I think "tiny fraction" is the more appropriate term.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:12 AM   #119
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Wow! Every woman has a right to choose when it concerns her body. That does not make her a murderer anymore than it makes the doctor a murderer. I am offended by your statements, and the lack of logic you seem to display. It is laughable. I have had two in my lifetime. Don't regret it a bit. I think it is absurd that they are forcing women to have to look at the fetus via Ultrasound before she is allowed to proceed with an abortion. Like it does alot of good trying to shame a person, or make them feel even more guilty than they already do about their situation. So you would prefer that women go back to doing themselves in back ally's with coat hangers and bleeding to death?
Oh gee poor her! She has to feel GUILT for offing the baby that she was too CARELESS to prevent from being created! Gimme a break! Maybe every girl who spreads her legs without protection or even AT ALL, should watch an abortion video BEFORE doing so as well? Abortion is no different than free health care for those who keep making babies just to get another check IMO...it's an excuse to be careless at someone else's expense.

People do what they want today but don't want deal with the consequences of THEIR actions...killing innocent children is not the easy way out, but I guess that's the norm with the "anything goes" type attitude today.

Don't even get me started. It's not just a woman's BODY that she is making a choice about...it's the darn baby's heartbeat she is going to stop from beating! I find it so amusing how freedom of choice is only for those who had parents that did NOT abort them....good grief! We are not talking abortions when the mother's life is in danger or from rape or incest either...that I could understand, but that's not the case. EVERYONE has an excuse but the bottom line is, it is NEVER the baby's fault that YOU got pregnant!
Old 02-03-2011, 03:39 AM   #120
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

http://www.progressive.org/media_mpreagan030106

http://freakonomicsbook.com/freakono...pts/chapter-4/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_1...-10391704.html
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women