Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162543
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35941
Mojojo33117

Old 12-04-2022, 06:09 PM   #106
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Pickett's passer rating has improved in each of the past four games in a row. They put up 30 against the Bengals and KP threw for 265, 1 TD, and 0 INT, which should have been enough to win if the defense did their part. It was more than Mahomes and co put up today.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 06:55 PM   #107
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Easy…the last two were in domes against below average teams.
I think Kenny’s ceiling is Kirk Cousins. Not bad, but needs a lot of help.
I’ll wait till he Plays well and beats a good team in December weather.
Didn’t like seeing Pickens whining. Thought Friermuth and Harris player well.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 09:39 PM   #108
tommy156
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Well said. Kenny = Cousins... will always need a lot of help. He's not a pure pocket passer. Hopefully the team can surround him with more talent next year.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:43 AM   #109
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Kirk Cousins has a career 97.6 passer rating. Four points higher than Ben Roethlisberger, while passing for the exact same 7.6 YPA. If you look at his three years as the starter in Washington, playing in the weather, those stats actually go up.

If KP can put up those numbers, we have a lot to look forward to. Tomlin can win a lot of games with that kind of QB. Especially one on a rookie contract. As far as beating a good NFL team in December, he might do it in his very first opportunity.

I was disappointed in Pickens yesterday too. Hopefully it was a one time thing. Every time I've heard him speak, he sounds like a good dude.
Old 12-05-2022, 10:51 AM   #110
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
The Lions have only won one playoff game in the Super Bowl era. The new Browns have yet to win one

Seems to me the browns won against the steelers in the wild card game which is in fact considered a playoff game
OK. The source that came up in my initial google search was wrong. They won one playoff game since 1994, despite drafting very high almost every year. The Steelers have won 19 post season games in that time frame, despite never drafting higher than 8th, and usually drafting in the 20s or 30s. The point remains the same. Team culture is more important than drafting high.

BTW, I'm well aware that a wild card game is a playoff game. LOL
Old 12-05-2022, 11:27 AM   #111
tommy156
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
OK. The source that came up in my initial google search was wrong. They won one playoff game since 1994, despite drafting very high almost every year. The Steelers have won 19 post season games in that time frame, despite never drafting higher than 8th, and usually drafting in the 20s or 30s. The point remains the same. Team culture is more important than drafting high.

BTW, I'm well aware that a wild card game is a playoff game. LOL
Yeah, I was gonna mention that the Baker Mayfield-led Browns beat the Steelers in the playoffs a couple years ago. But yeah, team culture is much more important than high draft picks. Hell, Carolina just cut Baker this morning lol.
Old 12-05-2022, 12:13 PM   #112
Devo
Valued Poster

Mike Tomlin, too dumb to even lose and get a high draft pick.

IF you suck, just suck, at least it could benefit the next coach, that's how Cowher thought.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 01:09 PM   #113
tommy156
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post

IF you suck, just suck, at least it could benefit the next coach, that's how Cowher thought.
Lol. And they have the exact same resumé. I know why you don't like Tomlin (trust me, we all know), but why is Cowher held in such a higher regard with you than Tomlin? And if you think Cowher ever deliberately tanked to get higher draft picks the following year, you're more naive than I thought.

They literally have the same resumé. 2 SB appearances, 1 win. Cowher also lost 4 straight AFC title games (having home field advantage in all 4). Tomlin's resumé is arguably slightly better than Cowher's, when you get right down to brass tacks, but they are generally the same.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:54 PM   #114
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post

What the hell are you talking about? What did Cowher ever say that gave you that impression?

When you call the intelligent, Super Bowl champ, two time AFC champ, and seven time division champ, dumb, it says more about you than it does about him. Especially when you attribute some weird nonsense to Cowher that he never said. Why not just admit that you don't like having a black head coach?
Old 12-05-2022, 03:57 PM   #115
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

The Steelers have not tanked for a draft pick in any of the past 50 seasons, so I'm not sure why anyone expects them to now. It's also against the rules of the NFL to do so.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:57 PM   #116
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

I’m a Steeler fan to the bone. Race means absolutely nothing to me for my Steelers, however Tomlin was handed a great team and coaches. His tenure with those players and coaches was fantastic at the beginning but has steadily fallen. Do I want him fired? Nope, but when you compare a guy that hired 9 coaches that moved on to head coach vs a guy that has had zero, it questions his hiring practices at the least.
Cowher had press beating him up and his last three years were as follows
AFC Championship game
Super bowl winner
8-8 in Ben’s motorcycle accident/appendix year.

We want Super Bowls again. Going 9-8 means shit.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:11 PM   #117
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
I’m a Steeler fan to the bone. Race means absolutely nothing to me for my Steelers, however Tomlin was handed a great team and coaches. His tenure with those players and coaches was fantastic at the beginning but has steadily fallen. Do I want him fired? Nope, but when you compare a guy that hired 9 coaches that moved on to head coach vs a guy that has had zero, it questions his hiring practices at the least.
Cowher had press beating him up and his last three years were as follows
AFC Championship game
Super bowl winner
8-8 in Ben’s motorcycle accident/appendix year.

We want Super Bowls again. Going 9-8 means shit.
Thanks, and thanks for not calling me a racist.

I could make the reverse case that some of you only support him because he's black, but, I won't go there.

Sure as hell, you aren't supporting for anything good he's done of the field in the last decade.

Mediocrity is not a good thing, either you are dominant, and winning, or you just exist, and, what, having a non losing season is more important than an overdue rebuild?

How about the lousy job acquiring talent, and then, making them produce, and KEEPING THEN HERE, either they are flakes you don't want to keep, or, they don't want to pay them, or, they just don't produce.

But, If you are going to infer I'm just a racist, say it, so we can discuss the issue.

Edit to ad, never mind that statement, the person it was intended for has been banned, and, may I state, GOOD RIDDANCE.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:18 PM   #118
Devo
Valued Poster

Cowher drafted for good long term players, a NOTABLE failure was Plaxico Burris.

When he came out of the locker room after the first playoff win with him on the team, to be interviewed, he was in sweats, with 2 HATS already on his head, and they gave him a third to put on.

He looked like a bum, acted like a child, and, I knew then, he wouldn't be a Steeler for long.

BTW, he followed Hines Ward, who was dressed appropriately in a three piece suit and vest, he showed the same class on the field, and, in his life off the field.

Unlike the Felon Burris, who shoots his dick off in a nightclub, in NEW YORK CITY or all places, and does jail time for illegal gun posession.

That is a special kind of classless stupidity.

I'll critique where I see fit.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:28 PM   #119
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
The Steelers have not tanked for a draft pick in any of the past 50 seasons, so I'm not sure why anyone expects them to now. It's also against the rules of the NFL to do so.
Well, isn't that special, I'm sure that rule has always been followed............

The Kneelers sucked their asses off until 1972, the first time I saw them at ST Vincents, and I shook Chuck Nolls hand on that field, imagine doing that today.

That year, we sat and listened to the Immaculate reception on the radio, at my grandmothers, my parents had went to Edinboro to watch the game as, it was blacked out in Pittsburgh.

I have bled Black and Gold ever since, at least until the owners presented Barack Obama a jersey after a super bowl win, started the wokeness, and eventually after it spread to the entire league, I finally had enough.

TO be clear, this is about race, and, that being the reason Tomlin will never be fired, their rule has made him untouchable.

And, take the FUCKING POLITICS OUT OF MY ENTERTAINMENT.

Disney learned their lesson, the NFL needs to learn theirs.

The Kneelers owners need to understand that continuing to allow a mediocre coach to stay on, will only cost fans and revenue, and, that is what Disney realized, and fired their CEO.

The Roonies, I don't understand, are they that liberal, or just that stupid.

In any case, it makes for lousy football, and, a lousy team, that, is all the proof I need to see a change.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 07:28 PM   #120
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Mike Tomlin inherited a team that went 8-8. The vast majority of experts agree that Mike Tomlin is a great coach. I'm happy to have him. You don't like him because one black guy pulled a pistol on you decades ago and you judge all black people poorly due to that. You continually show how your beliefs are aligned with those of Wendy Bell.

I've already explained why his lack of a coaching tree is not an indictment of him. Check that post if you want. I'm not repeating myself.

9-8 this year would be a great coaching job, all things considered. They're 4-1 with TJ Watt in the lineup. When your DPOY who represents 11.3% of your salary cap goes out, it's gonna have an effect no matter who the coach is. On top of that you have a rookie QB and a young offense. Coach T is doing a good job keeping them going.

Athletes have been making political statements forever. At least as far back as Jesse Owens, but I'd bet it goes back as far as the Greek Empire. Ali, Clemente, James. Some of the greatest to do it. It's funny to hear someone who certainly complains about social media restricting people's "freedom of speech" compel the NFL to do the same. It's also ironic that someone so worried about people standing for the anthem doesn't seem to understand the first amendment.

Maybe you should become a fan of the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is more your speed.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women