Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70753
biomed162906
Yssup Rider60567
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48531
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42087
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36440
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #106
oilfieldscum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Naw Satino it's all about our safety. I am sure the company that put up the cameras and monitors them is a non-profit organization. Heck I'll even bet that the judge that ordered them to be truned back on donates her time for free.
oilfieldscum is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #107
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
Ok boys and girls, the initial report numbers are in and the first 2 weeks have netted almost 3400 citations , which is going to collect $335,000...

There are almost 1100 more being reviewed right now.
But we can always take LL advice and not run any red lights and we'll have nothing to worry about, right?
You think 3400 will bring $335,000?

It just seem like an excellent plan to protest the red-light cams ...

... everyone quit running red lights!

I know it's tough to stop at red lights, and awfully inconvenient, but it is for the good of freedom from having one's privacy infringed upon while driving down a public street! So protest the cams. Stop at red lights.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #108
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7695490.html

Hey ll, here's a chance for you to go to a city council meeting, stand on your little pedestal, play your little alpha male game, and insinuate to the city council members how stupid they are. Just like you do us here.

Like us, they probably won't pay any attention to you.
DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:15 AM   #109
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
.... and insinuate ..... how stupid they are. Just like you do us here.

Like us, they probably won't pay any attention to you.
Don't have to "insinuate" for those who advocate cutting red lights, because if one doesn't cut red lights one doesn't know if there is a cam or not and doesn't have to contribute to the "money machine" that "us" is worried about.

As for the decision making process, it is refreshing that you, along with the other advocates of safe streets in Houston, will be showing up at the meeting to voice your opposition to the cameras and support the Mayor's efforts to get rid of them and I am sure that you will offer your solution of hiring additional LE personnel with additional patrol units and equipment to "man" those intersections that have been identified as being most likely to result in collisions due to the running of red lights at high speeds, while at the same time "settling" the breach of contract litigation with the money from those citizens who actually have a business located within the Houston taxing jurisdiction and spend money in the City of Houston.....

... as opposed to advocating a third or second degree felony as a solution .. (see Sec. 28.03. CRIMINAL MISCHIEf .... and look for the penalty range for destruction of government property and the value ranges) ... .

The only one I would call stupid in this decision making process are the ones that "play" to the media hype to gain some "political" advantage (or continue their masquerade as "bad asses" against LE) while ignoring the recommendations of the lawyers for the city as to how to accomplish the task of getting rid of the cameras without violating the Federal court order, breaching a contract with substantial consequential damages, or violating the City's charter, state law, and/or existing city resolutions.

Your one liners trying to marginalize by demonizing and ridiculing makes about as much sense as suggesting "hammers" as though this were some Boston-Harbor moment in "our" lives and expose people to a felony conviction.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #110
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Don't have to "insinuate" for those who advocate cutting red lights, because if one doesn't cut red lights one doesn't know if there is a cam or not and doesn't have to contribute to the "money machine" that "us" is worried about.

As for the decision making process, it is refreshing that you, along with the other advocates of safe streets in Houston, will be showing up at the meeting to voice your opposition to the cameras and support the Mayor's efforts to get rid of them and I am sure that you will offer your solution of hiring additional LE personnel with additional patrol units and equipment to "man" those intersections that have been identified as being most likely to result in collisions due to the running of red lights at high speeds, while at the same time "settling" the breach of contract litigation with the money from those citizens who actually have a business located within the Houston taxing jurisdiction and spend money in the City of Houston.....

... as opposed to advocating a third or second degree felony as a solution .. (see Sec. 28.03. CRIMINAL MISCHIEf .... and look for the penalty range for destruction of government property and the value ranges) ... .

The only one I would call stupid in this decision making process are the ones that "play" to the media hype to gain some "political" advantage (or continue their masquerade as "bad asses" against LE) while ignoring the recommendations of the lawyers for the city as to how to accomplish the task of getting rid of the cameras without violating the Federal court order, breaching a contract with substantial consequential damages, or violating the City's charter, state law, and/or existing city resolutions.

Your one liners trying to marginalize by demonizing and ridiculing makes about as much sense as suggesting "hammers" as though this were some Boston-Harbor moment in "our" lives and expose people to a felony conviction.
blah.........blah.........blah ........blah........blah

It's sad that you don't seem to understand the simple concept of 'principle'.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #111
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
blah.........blah.........blah ........blah........blah

... you don't seem to understand the simple concept of 'principle'.
It is sad that you fail to comprehend the simple concept of "principal."
Old 08-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #112
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
It is sad that you fail to comprehend the simple concept of "principal."
Since you don't seem to know the difference between principal and principle, I don't know why I'm wasting my time with you. You talk a lot of crap, all style, no substance.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/principle
Basically law or standards.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/principal
Basically like a principal in a school.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #113
Satin
Valued Poster

D_J , you the man bro.
Article today says it looks like the Pussy Licker might buckle and shut them back off again..lmao!!
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #114
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Since you don't seem to know the difference between principal and principle, ....
Does your brand of personal attacks work with the ladies? Just asking.

It is apparent that you are focused on "schooling," which is a good thing.

I was focused on the money .... taxpayers' money, in fact, which means those persons who pay city taxes on a regular basis and are bank rolling the "principle" (whatever yours is) that directly and/or indirectly supports the cutting of red lights.

Satin, the Mayor desired to "cut off" the cameras from the beginning, but rather than take hammers to the cameras she apparently took a more civilized approach of seeking judicial relief, and is still doing so.

So, John, when you lack substance, do you engage in personal attacks?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #115
Satin
Valued Poster

LL I appreciate what you said bro, but you don't have to try to clarify every single thing I say. I know and understand all the facts...its my threAD remember? I do try to interject a little humor with some of my postings so don't take everything so serious man. You should come with me to a strip club tonight so you can loosen up a bit.
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #116
Chrisrock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Don't bother wasting your time, DJ. The guy is a fail troll.

Back on topic, I've read that they have been sending out notices again. What are we to do if we get one now? I've heard they may enforce the ticket by withholding registration, but I've seen some chron.com comments that say otherwise.
Chrisrock is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:41 AM   #117
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
You should come with me to a strip club tonight so you can loosen up a bit.
How do you know I wasn't there? Thanks for the invite, though.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #118
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrock View Post
Don't bother wasting your time, DJ. The guy is a fail troll.

Back on topic, I've read that they have been sending out notices again. What are we to do if we get one now? I've heard they may enforce the ticket by withholding registration, but I've seen some chron.com comments that say otherwise.
When they first went on I got tagged... fine was 75 bucks and if it goes unpaid they can withhold registration and license renewal.

I am on the fence on these things. Yes it is a way to collect money from me.. but only if I run the red light. And what they do not tell you is that there is a good number of "violations' that are discarded because a cop looks at it and makes the call.. often times the camera snaps you when you are in the intersection when it goes red.

the ticket goes against the car... like liability, it follows the car. Your friend borrows your car, and is in an accident, your liability, not theirs is in effect.

Are the cameras illegal? Its a public street, you have no expectation of privacy, anyone can photograph you on the street. (any legal eagles want to chime please do)

Where I am on the fence is here: its a voluntary tax for the city.. they generate 10 million a year so should we allow them and add more? if it will mean better city services sure.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #119
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit13 View Post
Are the cameras illegal? Its a public street, you have no expectation of privacy, anyone can photograph you on the street.
If the "red-light" cameras violate anyone's "expectation of privacy" (which they don't) then all of the DOT cams are violating that "expectation" as well.

http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/cctv/transtar

The only "right" it is violating is someone's fabricated right to cut a red light, not to mention their "inalienable right" to "T-bone" another vehicle passing through the intersection under a green light.

http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/l....aspx?cam=True
Old 08-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #120
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

@ LL, I agree....
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women