Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #106
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
This is not about money and never really has been. It is about scarcity. Very few people can become doctors. Some may have the intelligence but lack the humanity. Some may have the humanity but lack the drive, Some may have the drive but lack the ability to connect the dots. Some may have all of that but just don't care about medicine. In a typical business model you increase the supply, maintain demand, and price goes down. That was one thing that Hillary almost got right. She wanted to increase the number of medical professionals but her mistake was to try to dictate to people what they would become. Obama would have been better off if he had freed up some money to send another 100,000 people a year to medical school for about eight years. For payback, they could have worked in the underserved areas of the country, this country (slums, reservations, the boonies, etc.) for four years. The CBO has proclaimed that there is a quarter of a trillion dollars a year frittered away in fraud, waste, and abuse. $250 billion would train a lot of doctors, nurses, and technicians.

(disclaimer: I don't believe that government should be in the job of enriching the medical schools, which would be the result, but if Obama really wanted to make a difference with a light touch then this was the answer)
At least you are thinking JD.

Instead of defending Palin. End of life care such as the article pointed out will be the route we go, we do not have the money nor the will for higher taxes for any other course.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #107
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

No one, but you, said that was going to happen. We all (except for you and your ilk) knew that it was a matter of ending any healthcare despite a favorable prognosis. Nobody really wants to talk to you WTF when you lie.

It's a curse, I always think and have been for over half a century. Why not defend Palin. She WAS right and the left was caught lying (if they were in the leadership) and just being stupid (if in the rank and file).
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #108
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
No one, but you, said that was going to happen. We all (except for you and your ilk) knew that it was a matter of ending any healthcare despite a favorable prognosis. Nobody really wants to talk to you WTF when you lie.
Sooner or latter the government will stop paying for end of life care. WE can not afford it at the present tax rates and the expanding Medicare rolls. That is just simple math. Sara Palin scared the low information voters. People like you.

Quote:

It's a curse, I always think and have been for over half a century. Why not defend Palin. She WAS right and the left was caught lying (if they were in the leadership) and just being stupid (if in the rank and file).
The curse is how you can only see one side of a 3D discussion.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:46 PM   #109
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

non sequitor
Old 03-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #110
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
non sequitor
That's not a "non sequitor."

In fact, it's not even a non sequitur!

Sarah Palin had little to offer other than simplistic platitudes. (Well, OK, she does look pretty good for an almost-50 woman!)

Still, the term "death panels" is a bit unfortunate. It conjures up an image of a bunch of cruel bastards sitting around a conference table, going through files one by one while making decisions regarding specific individuals.

Difficult choices need to be made about a whole lot of things. But cowardly, corrupt "free lunch" politicians don't look like they'll be making them any time soon. And, after all, they're just responding to voters who have become conditioned to expect virtually limitless benefits at the expense of someone else.

One big problem is that a lot of people suffer from extreme cases of ignorance and innumeracy.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #111
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

It may have conjured up images in your mind but the term was explained accurately for the media. If you don't like flaming terms then take it up when the left has another Civil Rights Act bill that has nothing to do with civil rights or a crime bill that has little to do with crime or an invented word/phrase; "homophobia", "assault weapon" or "hate crime".
Old 03-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #112
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
It may have conjured up images in your mind but the term was explained accurately for the media. If you don't like flaming terms then take it up when the left has another Civil Rights Act bill that has nothing to do with civil rights or a crime bill that has little to do with crime or an invented word/phrase; "homophobia", "assault weapon" or "hate crime".
This whole "death panel" issue has been demagogued to death by disingenuous political opportunists like Sarah Palin and many others.

Earlier in this thread, you seemed to bemoan government interference in health care, but then refused to acknowledge that there aren't enough public resources to give everyone in the country just about any imaginable life-extending medical service, no matter the cost.

Which is it? You can't have it both ways.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #113
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
It may have conjured up images in your mind but the term was explained accurately for the media.".
JD the fact of the matter is that old folks want the younger generation to pay for their healthcare. Sara Palin just made it easier for them to cry about "death panels'' instead of actually talking about the problem.

How do you think politicians are going to fix a problem where on one hand you Tea Nuts bitch about the federal deficit and on the other you scream "death Panels" when somebody offers a solution. You do not want to pay higher taxes....or do you? I can't seem to get an answer from you Tea Bags.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #114
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

did you read the disclaimer at the bottom of my comment? The idea if government must (their word) get involved (which I don't think they should) then my idea was to help increase the number of VOLUNTARY medical people and allow them to chose whatever speciality that they want. Obama does not address the issue at all and Hillary was going to force people into fields against their will.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #115
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default You rarely use that part of your ass

Quote:
did you read the disclaimer at the bottom of my comment? The idea if government must (their word) get involved (which I don't think they should) then my idea was to help increase the number of VOLUNTARY medical people and allow them to chose whatever speciality that they want. Obama does not address the issue at all and Hillary was going to force people into fields against their will.
I read it, I gave you credit for at least thinking.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women