Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 378
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60546
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42048
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #91
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
YES! * Opportunity was present the entire time!

Lack of goals , lack of focus , lack of drive & ambition are qualities which I used to define "poor".

Thank You for providing an excellent example!

We quite obviously, have different expectations from our fellow citizens.
What you fail to note is that most poor folks lack is parental tutoring. Most folks that have it, take it for granted. They assign no credit for their success in life to that huge factor. What a total croc of shit.

Yes opportunity may be present but if you have never been given the tools needed to exploit that opportunity than what good is it?

Get off your high horse and get a dose of reality.

Read Gladwell's Outliners. What Old-T is saying is that many many poor people will never be put in a position to
succeed. That is just a natural born fact.

Outliers examines how a person's environment, in conjunction with personal drive and motivation, affects his or her possibility and opportunity for success. Gladwell stated, "The hope with Tipping Point was it would help the reader understand that real change was possible. With Blink, I wanted to get people to take the enormous power of their intuition seriously. My wish with Outliers is that it makes us understand how much of a group project success is. When outliers become outliers it is not just because of their own efforts. It's because of the contributions of lots of different people and lots of different circumstances."[17]
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #92
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
What you fail to note is that most poor folks lack is parental tutoring. Most folks that have it, take it for granted. They assign no credit for their success in life to that huge factor.

Of course they don't. They're like a guy at the end of a 3 mile race, huffing and puffing, puking their guts out, who think they're hot shit because they finished 3 feet ahead of the other guy.....nevermind the fact that they had a 2 mile head start.

Is there "opportunity" for everyone? Of course. But some people have 100 ping pong balls in the bin, and some people have 1 ping pong ball in the bin. That's just a fact. But i don't expect the MrGiz's of the world to accept that fact, since that would blow a hole in their feel-good-about-themselves theory that they're simply better and more deserving.

Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #93
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Get off your high horse and get a dose of reality.
Naaaaaahhhhh... I worked too hard to get here... I enjoy the view just fine. *BTW... the view is quite real too!

Quote:
What Old-T is saying is that many many poor people will never be put in a position to succeed. That is just a natural born fact.
I have never disputed that fact. * Whether you're born Prince or Pauper.... failing is easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
But i don't expect the MrGiz's of the world to accept that fact, since that would blow a hole in their feel-good-about-themselves theory that they're simply better and more deserving.
I am only deserving of what I have done for myself! * Have I had a little luck along the way? * Absolutely!
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:24 AM   #94
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Not everybody is born with equal talents
No kidding. What do you think i've been saying for the last 6 months?

Quote:
aren't the people who work harder and smarter entitled to more?
Uh, yeah. And only the commie you've invented in your head to argue with would say otherwise.

Quote:
You can only impose on people up to a point....we may be near that point
It's funny that the wider the rich/poor gap becomes, the more oppressed the rich people feel.

Quote:
watch for the free-loaders to start rioting, raping, killing and looting.
Very telling statement about your real views.

Quote:
Boo Hoo! Life's not fair....so what, deal with it.......
And very telling about you as a person.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #95
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
No kidding. What do you think i've been saying for the last 6 months?
but the less talented are entitled to the work of the talented?
Uh, yeah. And only the commie you've invented in your head to argue with would say otherwise. read the Communist Manifesto, it parrots your views......

It's funny that the wider the rich/poor gap becomes, the more oppressed the rich people feel. America is richer? You haven't been watching the news.....HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! You obviously share odumbo's definition of rich......

Very telling statement about your real views.
just a FACT! watch the news and see....even in France they were rioting and looting because the retirement age went from 60 to 62.....[oh, and some people did die, and a woman did get raped during that French rioting]
And very telling about you as a person.
it is very telling.....tells us I am right! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! Anyone disagree that life's not fair and we all have to deal with it? I loved your response, because you HAD NO SUBSTANTIVE response to what I posted! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Who are you to impose your moral views on everybody else? You are EXACTLY like the religious people you condemn....HYPOCRISY!

Each person has maybe 100 people in his life who he would call family or friend.....the rest of the world are strangers to us.....why does Doove tell us we have to take care of strangers before our own family and friends? or even at all?.....Am I not free to ignore them?
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #96
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Who are you to impose your morals views on everybody else? You are EXACTLY like the religious people you condemn....HYPOCRISY!
My moral views aren't based on an imaginary friend in the sky. So it simply boils down to a battle of my moral views and your moral views. Where's the hypocrisy.....or...excuse me....HYPOCRISY...in that?

Quote:
Each person has maybe 100 who they would call family or friend.....the rest of the world are strangers us.....why does Doove tell us we have to take care of strangers before our family and friends, or even at all.....
Because i'm not an angry selfish bastard who only thinks of himself?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #97
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
The harder I work, the luckier I get!
And i can only wonder how many people out there, right this very moment, people making half of what you're making, who aren't able to sit at a computer all day posting on a hooker board because they're actually working.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #98
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
My moral views aren't based on an imaginary friend in the sky. So it simply boils down to a battle of my moral views and your moral views. Where's the hypocrisy.....or...excuse me....HYPOCRISY...in that?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! I'm an atheist, so I don't have an imaginary friend in the sky.....HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! You don't want to have other people impose their morals on you, but you want to impose your morals on them! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!...that's where the hypocrisy is.....if it wasn't, you wouldn't want to impose your morals on anybody.....you're just angry that the majority of people disagree with you.......

When one goes examining the value of a moral, one needs to examine how useful it is and if it comports with human nature.....the things I believe are the beliefs of the majority of people and comport with human nature......majority is entitled to their way......if you don't like it, go someplace where the majority of people agree with you......Federalism would make that easier for you but liberals believe in statism rather than Federalism.......

Because i'm not an angry selfish bastard who only thinks of himself?
Yes you are........
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #99
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
but probably being in a hospital for the past 4 months has something to do with my available time.....what's your excuse?
I've been in a hospital for the past 5 months.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #100
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Poor is when your income won’t meet the needs of your modest lifestyle. By a modest lifestyle I mean clean, safe daycare for you two kids while the parents work; a clean, safe apartment with enough bedrooms for children; a refrigerator with healthy, not meat deficient – high carb food in it; enough clothing to have a change of cloths for everyone for a week; a modest car that is reliable; bus money; money for student lunches; health insurance and regular trips to the doctor. These are the hallmarks of a modest lifestyle.

Poor isn’t not having as much money in a depression as one had during the high life preceding it. Poor isn’t having to move out of your 3,500 sq ft house that you couldn’t afford in the first place to live in a clean, safe apartment. Poor isn’t loosing your BMW and driving a Kia. Poor isn’t foregoing real designer clothes from finer department stores and having to settle for second-rate designer clothes sold at outlets. Poor isn’t cooking at home vs. dining out five nights a week.

There’s a difference between poor and broke. I know which one I’d take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can I Play Too??? View Post
I feel that most Americans live in a bubble and can be very apathetic towards others' current situation because in their eyes, it doesn't affect them directly, so there's no need for concern.
Don’t the preachers expose from their pulpits that if you are a good person, if you tive (sp), if you follow in the steps of Jesus, you’ll be rewarded with worldly success. In other words if you’re a sinner, your punishment is poverty.

Quote:
Today, there are 44.3 million people on food stamps, which is an all-time record.
One can qualify for food stamps with a letter from your “employer” that states you make $250 (or whatever figure fits the formula) a week and filling out a government form. As a small business owner, I’ve filled out plenty of those forms. Funny thing is, the employee really makes $500 per week in cash. Odd hugh? Maybe that family really isn’t living in the poverty that the statistic alone seems to support. Illegal immigrants, who are at an all time high, make up a huge portion of those on food stamps. Statistics can be misleading.

Quote:
Unemployment is officially at 9.1% but after 99 weeks, you run out of the dole and are no longer counted as unemployed. Real unemployment is around 18%. Check out shadowstats website, if you don't believe me, because the govt fudges the numbers to keep the dumbed down masses in line.
And I can’t wait till the election rhetoric really kicks up and the true unemployment figures like you point out here gets pointed out.

Unless we can keep our jobs from being shipped overseas for a few pennies more, a lot more of us will slip into poverty before it’s all over. Many, many of the jobs lost just won’t be coming back because they are in China, Vietman or some other new horizon third world country.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #101
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Not that I even agree with you but that is not what Old-T point .

What he basically said and what scientific studies (as opposed to you Ann Rynd believers and your mystical beliefs) have shown is that it is who you are born to. Who your parents are is the greatest determinate of financial success. So work hard to be born to successful parents would be my advice. That is what the facts bare out. If hard work was the over-riding factor as you suggest, ditch diggers would be much wealthier than bankers.
Yeah, I figured my point would be over your head.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #102
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
Naaaaaahhhhh... I worked too hard to get here... I enjoy the view just fine. *BTW... the view is quite real too!

Yea the real view is just as Doove said, you bragging about finishing a few feet ahead of people you started miles ahead. The reality is you not having enough sense to understand that concept.

I have never disputed that fact. * Whether you're born Prince or Pauper.... failing is easy!

Failing is a hell of a lot harder to do if you are born a Prince than if you are born a Pauper. Really that is basic common sense. You may want to believe being born with a silver spoon in your mouth is harder but it is not. You have way more opportunity as a Prince.

I am only deserving of what I have done for myself! * Have I had a little luck along the way? * Absolutely!

Yes but you discount that 'little luck' way more than you should. If you think genes are the end all be all;trade your kid wil some poor ass black famalies kid and see how well your natural born does in life.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #103
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Quote:
Did somebody say something?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #104
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I don't doubt it, but mine's not a mental hospital........ HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! Marshall-100 Doove-0

You gotta admit Doove, Every once n'awhile he says something funny.

Not that that makes up for the million other stupid shit he says!

Quote:
Who are you to impose your moral views on everybody else? You are EXACTLY like the religious people you condemn....HYPOCRISY!
Yes , by golly , you are starting to get it. Your idea's/morals are no better than mine or Doove's or PJ's or Mr Giz. We are all trying to ram our own version of the so called truth down others throat.

Some of you want to tax me with a system that benifits the super wealthy and their cronies. I want no part of that. I argue for a different system but at least I realize that my system is just as distasteful to you as yours is to me.

When will you understand that concept?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #105
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
I think you're confusing "deemed ridiculous" for "over your head".

Quote:
You gotta admit Doove, Every once n'awhile he says something funny.
Blind squirrel.
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women