Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41544
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35917
Mojojo33117

Old 10-17-2014, 09:44 PM   #91
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Holly shit you are a font of misinformation.

The missionary doctor who got the ZMAPP responded quickly. The female nurse that worked with him did NOT. She took a lot longer to recover.

And both of them got it early. Duncan did not. He was sick for over a week before they finally diagnose what he had.

In fact, Duncan didn't get ZMAPP at all. Why? Because they were OUT of it. They actually don't have large supplies of the stuff because it is a rare disease that is normally adequately contained by quarantine.

In fact, the last person who got the ZMAPP was English. See the video link posted by IBH.

They are trying to make more, but that takes time.

So they are using other experimental vaccines
Maybe I exaggerated a bit when I said overnight. But they still responded pretty quick for having a treatment that hadn't been tested before on humans. So if they are out of ZMAPP it will be interesting to see how the two nurses do.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:01 PM   #92
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Ebola Survivor Donates Blood to Infected Dallas Nurse Oct 14, 2014

Dr. Kent Brantly, an Ebola survivor, donated about a gallon of his own blood to other Ebola patients: and most recently to Pham.

Patients who have recovered from Ebola have blood chock full of antibodies to the virus.

The hope is the sick person's immune system will recharge off the donated antibodies, and fight off the virus.

But not everyone is a match, and someone like Brantly, can only donate but so much blood at one time. Brantly himself received a donation from a child he helped save in Liberia.

Nancy Writebol, the nurse who worked with Brantly, credited the experimental drug Z-MAPP, for helping her recover from Ebola. But the supply is gone, it's a very difficult drug to make and takes time: something Ebola patients don't have.

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nightly...e-342540355567

Quote:
Experimental drug likely saved Ebola patients Tue August 5, 2014

The experimental drug, known as ZMapp, was developed by the biotech firm Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc., which is based in San Diego. The patients were told that the treatment had never been tried before in a human being but had shown promise in small experiments with monkeys....

Dr. Kent Brantly's and Nancy Writebol's conditions significantly improved after receiving the medication, sources say.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health...l-ebola-serum/
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:14 PM   #93
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Brantley donated a gallon of his blood to the nurse. That's a shit load of blood. The average male only has about one and half gallons of blood at any one time.

Jim
Old 10-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #94
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
Brantley donated a gallon of his blood to the nurse. That's a shit load of blood. The average male only has about one and half gallons of blood at any one time.

Jim
Brantley donated blood to three people who were a match to his blood type, including nurse Pham. Duncan was not a match, and evidently the second nurse isn't a match.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:26 PM   #95
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:

Jim
I think that is over the course of a couple of weeks. All at once would kill him.

And after he donated his blood (with the antibodies), he probably received an offsetting donation to keep him on even keel..
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #96
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Brantley donated blood to three people who were a match to his blood type, including nurse Pham. Duncan was not a match, and evidently the second nurse isn't a match.
I have to admit that is interesting. Obviously we are very concerned here, But I found this shot documentary. It's not real long. But you'll the people in Liberia don't seem one bit concerned about Ebola. Their attitude seems totally different from ours. On top of that a few Africans think we are over reacting.

Jim

http://youtu.be/XasTcDsDfMg
Old 10-18-2014, 02:15 AM   #97
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
I understand what you were saying I wasn't trying to debate you on the temperature issue. I think the CDC is using temperature to over generalize. This disease is rather puzzling. They keep mentioning "Flu Like " symptoms. Ebola is nothing like the flu. The flu is a systemic virus it's endemic which means it's part of the environment. Ebola is a Hemorrhagic virus. Hemorrhage refers to bleeding. So why would this virus cause a person to bleed internally? There is only two things I can think of that would cause a person to bleed internally, trauma and connective and vascular tissues breakdown due to loss of nutrients. So I don't think Ebola is a stand alone virus. What I think it's doing is causing the body's connective tissue to fail. Some of the common symptoms that I've been hearing about are Fatigue, Joint Pain, Rashes mainly on lower Extremities, Loss of blood from mucous membranes, Severe muscle weakness. Connective tissues damage resulting in blood loss. Of course in the later stages severe vomiting and diarrhea. That would be due to the breakdown in mucous membranes in the esophagus and intestinal tract.

Jim
The Ebola virus attacks the body's endothelial cells which make up the thin lining of the inside of blood vessels, connective tissue, mucous membranes and body organs. The blood vessels weaken and that is why you get the bleeding internally. The mucous membranes and connective tissue weaken and that is why you get the dehydration. A doctor was on the Kelly File on Fox Friday night and he said most of the victims who don't survive is due to severe dehydration. A good part of the treatment is to keep you hydrated with the hope that your immunity system will make the antibody to the virus which is what happened with Dr. Brantley.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:38 AM   #98
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
The Ebola virus attacks the body's endothelial cells which make up the thin lining of the inside of blood vessels, connective tissue, mucous membranes and body organs. The blood vessels weaken and that is why you get the bleeding internally. The mucous membranes and connective tissue weaken and that is why you get the dehydration. A doctor was on the Kelly File on Fox Friday night and he said most of the victims who don't survive is due to severe dehydration. A good part of the treatment is to keep you hydrated with the hope that your immunity system will make the antibody to the virus which is what happened with Dr. Brantley.

What he posted is consistent with what I heard as well .... on CNN ... and part of the long list of support items is "clean" water to hydrate. Because of a weakened immune system everything must be sterile to avoid secondary illnesses..... Additionally, apparently the Ebola morphs and mutates ... so treatment is a moving target.

Hopefully some of you heard the doctor who was Duncan's primary care physician (overseeing his treatment) discuss their efforts to save him and his perspective on the nurses and other staff members who helped.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #99
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:

You're really not telling me anything new. I understand that dehydration would be an issue with this disease. I am still not totally convinced everything were being told from the media is true. They are almost giving this disease a mind of it's own.

Jim
Old 10-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #100
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I am still not totally convinced everything were being told from the media is true. Jim
When you finally are "convinced," please don't publicly announce it. OK?
Old 10-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #101
RALPHEY BOY
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Who did you blame for Katrina? Nagan? Blanco? Don't be a hypocrite.
JD you know Dimtards have short memories...I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT WHEN THE SHOE IS ON THE OTHER FOOT!!! another failure by the Lead from Behind White House
RALPHEY BOY is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #102
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY View Post
JD you know Dimtards have short memories...I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT WHEN THE SHOE IS ON THE OTHER FOOT!!! another failure by the Lead from Behind White House
I believe it is actually that he just doesn't give a shit:

March 2012:

"This is my last election.....

....... After my election I have more flexibility,..."

February 2014:

"That's the good thing about being president. ....

.............................. .I can do anything I want."
Old 10-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #103
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
You're really not telling me anything new. I understand that dehydration would be an issue with this disease. I am still not totally convinced everything were being told from the media is true. They are almost giving this disease a mind of it's own.

Jim
Here is what you said in post #86.

I understand what you were saying I wasn't trying to debate you on the temperature issue. I think the CDC is using temperature to over generalize. This disease is rather puzzling. They keep mentioning "Flu Like " symptoms. Ebola is nothing like the flu. The flu is a systemic virus it's endemic which means it's part of the environment. Ebola is a Hemorrhagic virus. Hemorrhage refers to bleeding. So why would this virus cause a person to bleed internally? There is only two things I can think of that would cause a person to bleed internally, trauma and connective and vascular tissues breakdown due to loss of nutrients. So I don't think Ebola is a stand alone virus. What I think it's doing is causing the body's connective tissue to fail. Some of the common symptoms that I've been hearing about are Fatigue, Joint Pain, Rashes mainly on lower Extremities, Loss of blood from mucous membranes, Severe muscle weakness. Connective tissues damage resulting in blood loss. Of course in the later stages severe vomiting and diarrhea. That would be due to the breakdown in mucous membranes in the esophagus and intestinal tract.

1. I was answering your question about why the virus causes a person to bleed internally. The endothelial cells are in blood vessels and other places. The Ebola virus attacks or binds itself to the endothelial cells. Eventually the capallaries weaken and rupture which causes the bleeding.

2. It's not the loss of nutrients it's really loss of fluids.

3. Most people don't survive an infection of Ebola because the dehydration becomes so severe before the victim can make the antibody to neutralize the virus. According to the doctor who was on the Kelly File on Fox, Duncan did not survive due to a collapsed lung.

4. I know you are a chemist. I was not trying to teach you something new.

5. I don't work for the CDC any new revelation would have to come from them.
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:20 AM   #104
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Here is what you said in post #86.

1. I was answering your question about why the virus causes a person to bleed internally. The endothelial cells are in blood vessels and other places. The Ebola virus attacks or binds itself to the endothelial cells. Eventually the capallaries weaken and rupture which causes the bleeding.

2. It's not the loss of nutrients it's really loss of fluids.

3. Most people don't survive an infection of Ebola because the dehydration becomes so severe before the victim can make the antibody to neutralize the virus. According to the doctor who was on the Kelly File on Fox, Duncan did not survive due to a collapsed lung.

4. I know you are a chemist. I was not trying to teach you something new.

5. I don't work for the CDC any new revelation would have to come from them.
This disease is puzzling to me anyway. I haven't yet been able to figure out everything being reported about it. The treatment or rather the test treatment this Z-MAPP I want to learn more about.

Jim
Old 10-19-2014, 06:01 AM   #105
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
This disease is puzzling to me anyway. I haven't yet been able to figure out everything being reported about it. The treatment or rather the test treatment this Z-MAPP I want to learn more about.

Jim
The "sad" part is more "patients" are required for the disease to be understood. How long and how many deaths did it take for AIDS to be even remotely "understood" with any kind of "treatment" developed?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women