Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70754
biomed162920
Yssup Rider60568
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48531
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42093
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36481
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-04-2018, 03:52 AM   #91
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
I was looking at some photos of this school. The campus is rather spacious consisting of more than one building. It almost resembles a miniature college campus. Because of the overall layout I would have to surmise the security measures were quite inadequate because Cruz had no problem walking onto campus entering a classroom building all the time carrying a rifle and nobody ever saw him until he opened fired and then of course it was too late.

Jim
Do some research on the community as a whole. My recollection it's a "high end" community that probably leans toward a "campus" look to their public schools. Also some districts have middle/junior schools adjacent (in the vicinity) to the high school for cost and land purposes. Same with elementary schools (across the street) to keep the young ones separated from the older ones. But it looks like a "campus" ...

... it was not "designed" for security.

Those goofballs were not even allowing LE to arrest students for "minor crimes"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:23 AM   #92
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Do some research on the community as a whole. My recollection it's a "high end" community that probably leans toward a "campus" look to their public schools. Also some districts have middle/junior schools adjacent (in the vicinity) to the high school for cost and land purposes. Same with elementary schools (across the street) to keep the young ones separated from the older ones. But it looks like a "campus" ...

... it was not "designed" for security.

Those goofballs were not even allowing LE to arrest students for "minor crimes
"!
They were pretty much asking for it.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:36 AM   #93
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
They were pretty much asking for it.

Jim
That's the "water fall" one must swim to create a "safe environment" for students going to school, while in school, and on the way home. Some of that mentality is seeping out in this forum.

Creating a "secure condition" necessarily generates inconvenience.

But the old saying fits, IMO:

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

I suspect that everyone of those grieving families of dead and/or wounded have locks on their doors and many of real time security systems to protect their home and them in it. But they wouldn't (or at least didn't) dream of securing the perimeter of the school where their children are at least half the year or more. If there's going to be a shoot out then let it be outside with a security team who knows how to end it quickly.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #94
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
That's the "water fall" one must swim to create a "safe environment" for students going to school, while in school, and on the way home. Some of that mentality is seeping out in this forum.

Creating a "secure condition" necessarily generates inconvenience.

But the old saying fits, IMO:

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

I suspect that everyone of those grieving families of dead and/or wounded have locks on their doors and many of real time security systems to protect their home and them in it. But they wouldn't (or at least didn't) dream of securing the perimeter of the school where their children are at least half the year or more. If there's going to be a shoot out then let it be outside with a security team who knows how to end it quickly.
Who pays for all this? Is Trump going to resind the tax break that went mostly to the top 5% to pay for this?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:51 PM   #95
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Until along in the 70's parents would support the teachers when little "Johnny" was a turd at school and with Dr. Spock's guidance and philosophy it morphed into being the "teachers' fault" because "little Johnny was a turd"!
True dat. As a kid, my mom told my teachers several times, if i acted out, give me a good spanking. Go harsh on me in class, to force me to do better.

These days she'd be done most likely, for child abuse, and the teachers woldn't Dare raise a hand at a kid..
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #96
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
True dat. As a kid, my mom told my teachers several times, if i acted out, give me a good spanking. Go harsh on me in class, to force me to do better.

These days she'd be done most likely, for child abuse, and the teachers woldn't Dare raise a hand at a kid..
So can we expect wtf to blame the teacher for HIS 14 YEARS in pre-K and STILL no graduation???
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:11 PM   #97
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Lengua View Post
So can we expect wtf to blame the teacher for HIS 14 YEARS in pre-K and STILL no graduation???
Next year he gets a bigger chair. "Upgrade"!

He doesn't qualify for a "social promotion." He's insufficiently sociable.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #98
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:

The "prison" appearances can be as much for energy efficiency as security, and I suspect more for the energy issues. But actually, designs to control one are adaptable to control both. But one of the criticisms of the Boward pre-incident instructions was that the students were to remain in classrooms and not attempt to escape from the classroom windows ... so they were effectively "trapped" in classrooms by the administration's orders.

They new ones they build are all brick, block shaped and few windows. I'm sure they are energy efficient but they look very prison institutional.

gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:08 PM   #99
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Actually, I'm not clear what the point is that it "looks" like a prison.

This looks like a prison to me ...

The Federal Women's Unit in Bryan, which was built on the old Allen Military Academy campus used to not have a fence around it (I have not seen it in years [if it is even there any more!], but it did have a yellow line around the campus .... you didn't cross the line.

As for windows ... doesn't it annoy you when you are attempting to convey information to someone and they are looking out the window?

Again, I believe the minimal windows look is more an environmental/energy interest consistent with the EPA information I posted ... Additionally, it might reduce the cost of replacing window glass from vandalism from the outside as well as from the inside. It's just more cost efficient.

The windows in the Broward school were hurricane rated in thickness. Cruz tried to shoot one out on the 2nd floor and only punched some holes in it with the rifle. The glass remained intact.

This would have discouraged Cruze from entering the campus ...

Old 03-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #100
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
No I'm not. For instance the windows in the Broward school were installed for hurricane level winds ... not to prevent escape.

I've had experience in working with architects and engineers in discussing the design of public school buildings, including renovations, which required compliance with OSHA and EPA requirements ... none of which had a damn thing to do with security. In fact that was why I was talking to them. They were oblivious to the considerations.

I also have a long time business associate who has been in the "AC" business installing new units in new public school construction and renovations, and on numerous occasions we have discussed the FACT in how the changing designs have helped or hindered his installations and increased the costs.

Stick to picking mushrooms!

But since you keep bringing up "prisons" ... the "security measures" within are to deter escape, but the "security measures" around the perimeter are to monitor and control who enters.

For 50-60 years our buildings, residences, and transportation have been "re-designed" for "energy efficiency" and greater reliance upon artificial control of the environment within it. Security measures are SOMETIMES designed into them, but to keep people out not to keep people in. An old friend of mine began a side business of installing alarm equipment in commercial and residential buildings and having some hands on experience occasionally helping him with installations or responding to calls for service I recognized early on they were not built for "security"! Many people in many parts of this country don't even lock their doors ... still.

Thats a good answer Lex. It contains "partial" facts. Yes energy design called LEED is very common today. Making schools and other public buildings look like prisons is not. You know alot, but on this you are "partially" WRONG. Its OK Lex, you can be wrong sometimes
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:58 AM   #101
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Thats a good answer Lex. It contains "partial" facts. Yes energy design called LEED is very common today. Making schools and other public buildings look like prisons is not. You know alot, but on this you are "partially" WRONG. Its OK Lex, you can be wrong sometimes
On this you are TOTALLY WRONG. Perhaps you are just naturally impaired!

The ONLY FACTS provided were by me. The rest of your bullshit is just that BULLSHIT ... AKA YOUR OPINION!

This "looks" like a "prison" also:

As does this, even more so!

But with your Liberal Impaired mindset the glass is always half empty, isn't it?

Perhaps public school was "prison" to you, which BTW shows in your poor command of the English language, so that's how you perceive "the design" in your impaired vision. But I suppose that's the "feel good" indoctrination you got while the "village" was struggling to develop your critical thinking skills ... The village failed.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:18 AM   #102
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yes energy design called LEED is very common today. Making schools and other public buildings look like prisons is not. You know alot, but on this you are "partially" WRONG. Its OK Lex, you can be wrong sometimes
"energy design" was "common" before you could stand up and pee at the same time .... you just recently became familiar with it .... so you want to pretend "it's new"!

As most Liberal NonThinkers LIKE YOU, you are TRANSPARENT.

"energy design" is NOT CALLED "LEED" ...

"LEED" is an abbreviation for an organization's hype-slogan to which one can "join" and which publishes a "scaling" determination as to what the organization believes is "energy efficient" ....

... I DESIGNED a two-story lake house to be constructed at the end of a draw that was based on passive cooling and heating that was approved by the engineer-architect who was verifying the structural integrity of the support columns and beams I designed into based on the soil conditions on which it was to be built .... BEFORE "LEED" EXISTED. My design incorporated concepts foreign to the geographical area.

But I was involved in commercial construction before you were born and since then I've been called upon to "question" construction projects as to quality and costs .... as well as design and cost for bidding school projects with oversight and "ramrodding" after the contract was let.

Like many internet bullshitters ... you keep getting "TRUMPED"! I make stuff. Not talk about it. You talk!
Old 03-05-2018, 06:56 AM   #103
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Thats a good answer Lex.
It's been "real" MisTaken (well, REAL on my part!), but I have some "work-work" to complete this morning.

Catch up with you after your nap this afternoon! Harvest carefully and selectively today!
Old 03-05-2018, 07:48 AM   #104
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Encounters: 14
Question Energy Efficient Death Funnel

Back in the day, when we used to walk to school - uphill both ways in deep snow, The classrooms had doors and windows that could open. Many didn't have air conditioning. Today you have classrooms with a single door and energy efficient windows that don't open. Oft times they are bullet resistant.

Unfortunately, this creates a space with only a single way in and out, known commonly as a Death Funnel. If a perp makes it into the room it's likely noone else makes it out - unless you happen to have a well trained and armed teacher inside.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:22 AM   #105
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
"energy design" was "common" before you could stand up and pee at the same time .... you just recently became familiar with it .... so you want to pretend "it's new"!

As most Liberal NonThinkers LIKE YOU, you are TRANSPARENT.

"energy design" is NOT CALLED "LEED" ...

"LEED" is an abbreviation for an organization's hype-slogan to which one can "join" and which publishes a "scaling" determination as to what the organization believes is "energy efficient" ....

... I DESIGNED a two-story lake house to be constructed at the end of a draw that was based on passive cooling and heating that was approved by the engineer-architect who was verifying the structural integrity of the support columns and beams I designed into based on the soil conditions on which it was to be built .... BEFORE "LEED" EXISTED. My design incorporated concepts foreign to the geographical area.

But I was involved in commercial construction before you were born and since then I've been called upon to "question" construction projects as to quality and costs .... as well as design and cost for bidding school projects with oversight and "ramrodding" after the contract was let.

Like many internet bullshitters ... you keep getting "TRUMPED"! I make stuff. Not talk about it. You talk!
Lex why can’t you just admit when you’re wrong. I’ve been involved in commercial construction for over 40 years. You’re wrong. I still love you brother. You and IB are just grouchy old men but I respect you’re viewpoints. Even when you’re wrong
themystic is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women