Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70713
biomed162593
Yssup Rider60393
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48450
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41626
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35982
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 09-30-2017, 10:50 PM   #1021
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Dude View Post
"Restating" isn't admitting you were wrong. It's trying to yeah but your way out of saying something that was easily proven false.

Also asking me about what I said about falling short of grace of God makes me think you may not read the Bible. So why are you trying to defenses (sic) for something it seems you aren't in (sic) knowledgeable on?

So how about this, I will answer you (sic) stupid question when you admit that you aren't black. So it can be known and you can stop with the nonsense. Saying things like I want to cram African Americans into anything. Or that I want to end affirmative action. Guess what, African Americans voted overwhelmingly against Trump. It's not cramming them into anything. It's a fact he isn't liked or respected in the community.

This is why I don't respond to you. It has nothing to do with you thinking you are telling people when they are wrong. It's you thinking you are proving people wrong and then when someone shows you how you fucked up. You try to dance around it. Why don't you man up and admit you said something wrong and something stupid, instead of saying you "restated" it. Do that and maybe I will answer your question and respond. If you can't do that, I will go back to ignoring your one sided rants.
Very good, millsy! You lay down the rules! You da man! You tell everyone to jump and they say “how high?” If my rants are so one-sided, it should be easy for you to knock them down. Why pretend to ignore them? Speaking of “manning up” - why don’t you tell everyone what happened to milly23? That’s your previous eccie handle. You were banned for outing RW info on a provider. Not cool at all. Within days you came back as Austin Dude and resumed the conversation here without missing a beat. No need for us to “parse” anything to figure that out. Yet when confronted, you’re too much of a wimp to admit it.

You’re a presumptuous asshole when you say I don’t know the Bible. Do you think God is pleased every time you cite the Bible on a hooker board? Just because I don’t “cling” to my Bible (ring a bell?) in irrelevant ways to deflect from my inability to answer a simple question doesn’t mean I’m not knowledgeable of its teachings.

And why is my race or ethnicity so important? The internet is a great equalizer. It allows everyone to be judged by the content of their character and the quality of their arguments rather than the color of their skin (ring a bell?). You’re afraid of that. You want opinions to be swayed by race or gender or identity rather than let people form objective judgments based on logic or merit or fairness. Does knowing Shelby Steele’s race make his essays more or less valid and compelling to you?

I don’t expect you to answer any of this. You could be a decent debater if you didn’t duck and deflect all the time, then get haughty and lay down laughable conditions to escape from having to fashion a counter-argument.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 11:14 PM   #1022
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
I'll answer Lusty's question - no - I don't think it's ok for the federal government to force the Little Sisters of the Poor to violate their sincerely held religious beliefs. That's over reaching. The government cannot force the Little Sisters of the Poor and other challengers to choose between violating their conscience as the government demands or face crippling fines and penalties. This case highlighted that the government could have accommodated the Little Sisters of the Poor all along but choose not to. These are nuns - and having been raised Catholic - that's the one thing they would never abide by. And that belief goes back decades - it didn't come about over night.
Yep. You nailed it.

Funny how the HHS Director gave out literally thousands of ACA waivers to favored (liberal Democrat) constituents it cared about, but couldn't find one for the Little Sisters. Bad optics, too - why would the federal government pick on devout nuns who dedicate their lives to doing good deeds for everyone? No wonder the feds were smacked down by the SCOTUS in a unanimous decision:

Big Win for Little Sisters

President Obama’s contraceptive mandate gets a high court smackdown.

By William McGurn
May 16, 2016 7:11 p.m. ET

First the good news: Though it was more a TKO than a straight-up ruling, the Little Sisters of the Poor prevailed at the Supreme Court on Monday in their fight against the ObamaCare contraceptive mandate.

True, the justices made clear that they were not ruling on the merits, which is why so many headlines speak of the court’s having “punted” on the case. Even so, in a unanimous decision they made the path forward much easier for the sisters and much more difficult for the Obama administration.

To begin with, the justices vacated the lower-court rulings the sisters were fighting. The parties, the court said, should have another opportunity to work out a way to deliver contraceptives that doesn’t violate the religious objections of the Little Sisters and their co-plaintiffs.

Most important, the Supreme Court took away the administration’s tool for bullying: The government, it said, “may not impose taxes or penalties” on those who refuse to authorize their plans to provide the contested coverage.

The bad news is the larger picture. For the main threat to religious liberty these days isn’t the Obama administration or even this noxious mandate. It’s an aggressive federal government intruding into areas of life previously left unmolested, coupled with an increasingly larger proportion of Americans who have no idea what religious liberty is and why we have it.

The ironies are legion. At this moment in America’s history, religious liberty has never had more able champions—including but not limited to the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, the Alliance Defending Freedom, and First Liberty. These outfits have won many significant cases in recent years. Becket Fund attorneys, for example, are now five wins and zero losses at the Supreme Court.

Unfortunately, a growing portion of society regards religion as a collection of irrational beliefs. They simply cannot fathom why folks with such beliefs ought to be exempt from laws that seem obvious to them and that everyone else is expected to obey.

This view helps explain why so often the aim in religious-liberty cases is not accommodation but submission. In this case for example, when the justices asked the Obama administration if there were any ways to provide women contraceptives other than hijacking the Little Sisters’ health plan against their will, the administration hemmed and hawed, first answering “no” until it conceded that maybe it could be done.

In short, the Obama administration’s goal was not just getting contraceptives to women. It was also to do so in a way designed to force religious groups such as the Little Sisters to cry “uncle.”

Nor is this approach limited to contraceptives. Last summer, when the Supreme Court unearthed a constitutional right to same-sex marriage, the hope was that at least the marriage wars would be over. The reality is we’ve simply entered Stage Two. In this stage dissenters are brought to heel—whether this means driving Catholic agencies out of the adoption business, fining an Oregon couple $135,000 for refusing to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding, or seeking the dismissal of a Wyoming judge who won’t officiate at gay marriages.

And it’s all fed by people who regard our religious liberty protections as little more than a free pass for bigotry.

Whatever else this is, it’s not the live-and-let-live world Justice Anthony Kennedy promised in 1992’s Planned Parenthood v. Casey, when he defined liberty as “the right to define one’s own concept of existence.” Clearly some concepts of existence are more equal than others. It’s also striking how reliant the anti-religion side is on government coercion—and a zeal for punishing heretics that itself reflects a quasi-religious fervor.

The misunderstanding of religious liberty, alas, is not confined to the left. On the right, too often it is treated as a parochial issue of import only to the parties involved.

To their credit, this is not a mistake libertarians make. Ilya Shapiro, a senior fellow in constitutional studies at the Cato Institute, notes that while many libertarians would not share the Little Sisters’ views on abortion, marriage and contraception, they appreciate that every American has a stake in beating back a federal government poking its nose where it doesn’t belong.

“The government created this whole situation,” says Mr. Shapiro. “It’s not anything the Little Sisters were doing. It’s that ObamaCare came along and tried to force the nuns to do something that violated their deepest beliefs.”

In the end, this case—or one like it—will be back. The good news is that the court has just stripped the government of much of the firepower it would have used, vacating the appellate court rulings in its favor and forbidding the administration from fining dissenters into submission.

“The solution the justices pointed to has been around for years but this administration has refused all opportunities to compromise,” says the Becket Fund’s president, William Mumma. “On Monday the Supreme Court smacked them down for it.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/big-win...ers-1463440261
Old 10-01-2017, 06:31 AM   #1023
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Very good, millsy! You lay down the rules! You da man! You tell everyone to jump and they say “how high?” If my rants are so one-sided, it should be easy for you to knock them down. Why pretend to ignore them? Speaking of “manning up” - why don’t you tell everyone what happened to milly23? That’s your previous eccie handle. You were banned for outing RW info on a provider. Not cool at all. Within days you came back as Austin Dude and resumed the conversation here without missing a beat. No need for us to “parse” anything to figure that out. Yet when confronted, you’re too much of a wimp to admit it.

You’re a presumptuous asshole when you say I don’t know the Bible. Do you think God is pleased every time you cite the Bible on a hooker board? Just because I don’t “cling” to my Bible (ring a bell?) in irrelevant ways to deflect from my inability to answer a simple question doesn’t mean I’m not knowledgeable of its teachings.

And why is my race or ethnicity so important? The internet is a great equalizer. It allows everyone to be judged by the content of their character and the quality of their arguments rather than the color of their skin (ring a bell?). You’re afraid of that. You want opinions to be swayed by race or gender or identity rather than let people form objective judgments based on logic or merit or fairness. Does knowing Shelby Steele’s race make his essays more or less valid and compelling to you?

I don’t expect you to answer any of this. You could be a decent debater if you didn’t duck and deflect all the time, then get haughty and lay down laughable conditions to escape from having to fashion a counter-argument.

Yes I can lay down the terms for if I will engage in conversation with someone. They can choose not to accept the terms and I can choose not talking to that person. And the irony. You talk about ducking, deflecting, and ignoring things. You want to answer your questions but you just ducked and deflected my question with some nonsense. Funny how you can do that and it's ok but when someone decides not to answer your question it's they aren't man enough.

If you read what I said, I never used a definite. I said may. An intellectual like you should have seen that. Do you think God is pleased with you trying to use his children as pawns in your defense? I actually believe that God wouldn't care where you are spreading his word. I actually answered your question the first time. You just didn't like the answer.

And why is your race important? Because you say things about actual African Americans when you are trying to make points that make it seem like they are against their own race. When you aren't even African American nor are you actually saying anything about the issues we face. Opinions are swayed by race. That the problem you can't seem to get. You can pretend you don't see color or you aren't arguing things that have to do with race, but you are. And if it's no big deal, you wouldn't have tried to use it against me and then dodge when I asked you to admit your race.

Does MLK ring a bell? Sure he does for me. Do any of these sayings ring a bell?

"And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear?...It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity."

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”

".....the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

"We must be concerned not merely about who murdered them, but about the system, the way of life, the philosophy which produced the murderers."

Do those ring a bell? If so maybe you just like to choose the pretty sayings that don't hurt your fragile view of the world. Because those quotes have a lot to do with the issues being argued here today.

I don't expect you to answer my question either. But that's your prerogative. And I will respond in kind. Good day.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:24 AM   #1024
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Quote:
You could be a decent debater if you didn’t duck and deflect all the time, then get haughty and lay down laughable conditions to escape from having to fashion a counter-argument.
Good luck. I'm still waiting for proof that KKK membership is majority Republican.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:39 AM   #1025
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Good luck. I'm still waiting for proof that KKK membership is majority Republican.
That is a red herring. KKK members keep their identities secret. Ergo you are asking for something that can't be proven and you know it. Well either you know it or you're a moron. Could go either way. Yet and still, look at the actions of the president and many of his supporters and I will stand by the statement that those aligned with the views of white supremacists/the KKK voted for Trump and feel they have a friend in this White House. There is no changing that. I can't give you that proof. But guess what, you can't prove that they aren't. Why? Because they don't want people to know who they are. But nice try slugger. If you white supremacists actually saying that they support Trump isn't enough proof for you, nothing will be and you're a lost cause.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:53 AM   #1026
gfejunkie

Quote:
I can't give you that proof.
Then you shouldn't be shooting your mouth off with nothing to back it up. Makes you a liar.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:11 AM   #1027
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Then you shouldn't be shooting your mouth off with nothing to back it up. Makes you a liar.
Funny, you try to quote one sentence and take it out of context to make it seem liking like I’m lying or that I didn’t combat your stupid request. Am I lying about white supremacists saying they support Trump? Nope. So again why would I need proof of a KKK member voting. White supremacists saying they supported Trump proves that racists are home in the Republican Party. But I guess a bigot like you doesn’t see that as good enough? Sorry I can’t help you with that. I didn’t shoot my mouth off without proof. The words of the racists proved what I said about their voting party. So that doesn’t make me a liar, kinda makes you one. Nice try little guy but your brethren are home with you in Trump’s Party.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #1028
gfejunkie

When you find yourself in a hole... STOP DIGGING!
Old 10-01-2017, 02:24 PM   #1029
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
...you are asking for something that can't be proven...
Quote:
The words of the racists proved what I said...
Er, millsy... step back and take a deep breath. Your reason is at war with your emotions.

Quote:
I can't give you that proof. But guess what, you can't prove that they aren't...
Burden of proof is on the party making the assertion. You have to prove the affirmative, not demand the other guy prove the negative. You understand that, right?
Old 10-01-2017, 04:25 PM   #1030
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Er, millsy... step back and take a deep breath. Your reason is at war with your emotions.

Burden of proof is on the party making the assertion. You have to prove the affirmative, not demand the other guy prove the negative. You understand that, right?
He is the one who made the statement about KKK membership. And wants people to prove something he proposed. So wouldn’t he be the one making the assertion. So the burden of proof is on him?

The game plan for you two seems to be cherry pick comments, take them out of context and then try to make a point on your falsehood. I said proof of KKK membership can’t be found. But in the same comment, which you refused to quote, I made the statement that my point that racists were strong in the party is proven with the words of the racists. Two different things. Come on dude, if all you got is using those tactics, you’re not long for this.

Also what more proof does one need? You have white supremacists saying they support Trump? This isn’t even a debate. They flat out said it and y’all want to pretend it’s not true.

Lyinglusty step back and breathe. Your love of Trump is at war with the facts.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:13 PM   #1031
Observing
Valued Poster

Default Liar?

Quote:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s.html?mcubz=0

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...k-updates.html

My Lawyers Got Trump to Admit 30 Lies Under Oath
Trump sued me, then had to acknowledge 30 times during a deposition that he had lied over the years about a wide range of issues.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...imothy-o-brien

Trump Says He Is '100 Percent' Willing To Testify About Interactions With Comey
http://www.npr.org/2017/06/09/532273...ons-with-comey

This narcissistic sociopath is incapable of telling the truth.

Go Team Mueller!
Observing is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:53 PM   #1032
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

So sad today. Hope everybody here and your loved ones are safe.
xoxo
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:59 PM   #1033
gfejunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
So sad today. Hope everybody here and your loved ones are safe.
xoxo
Indeed.

And, as usual, the libtards wasted no time showing us what a disgusting lot they are...

http://www.snopes.com/2017/10/02/cbs...egas-shooting/

At least CBS had the guts to do the right thing. A rarity for the #FAKENEWS media.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:22 PM   #1034
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Indeed.

And, as usual, the libtards wasted no time showing us what a disgusting lot they are...

http://www.snopes.com/2017/10/02/cbs...egas-shooting/

At least CBS had the guts to do the right thing. A rarity for the #FAKENEWS media.

And, as usual, you show us how moronic you are. So you want to demonize a whole group because of something one person said on FB? Is that the move you want to pull? Ok I will do the same then:
https://deadspin.com/pennsylvania-fi...-to-1818787807

All firefighters are racists. All white people are racists because this man is using racial slurs on FB. That's what a moron like you says. Anyone with sense can see it as one persons opinion and not that of a whole group.

See instead of just being civil on a day like this, you being the disgusting bigot you are, got on here to try to take a shot at Democrats. You aren't on the same level as the person writing that on FB but you aren't that much better.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:59 AM   #1035
gfejunkie

Struck a nerve, did it?

Calling out the NRA is not "putting politics aside".

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...er-attack.html

Good God! I'm so glad that dumb cunt lost!

Bless her heart. She tries so hard to be relevant. Her ignorance just gets in the way. Every time!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women