Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41546
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35921
Mojojo33117

Old 02-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #76
bobsmith99989
Premium Access

Encounters: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill Jackson View Post
What did I say that was not true Bob Smith?
Nukes were not in question. We never once thought they had nuclear weapons. There was a world wide concencous that they were working to develop but there was also a world wide concencous that they did not have nuclear capability, yet.

We did know they had chemical and biological weapons. Some we gave them and some we didn't. They used them against their own people.
bobsmith99989 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #77
blackmaleindallas
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was just o.k. I thought Bradley Cooper did an excellent job though.

Going into the movie I already knew the story of Chris Kyle, how he died, the case involving Jesse Ventura, etc. I thought the movie too simplistically portrayed "them"as the "bad guys" and the U.S. as the "good guys", when the issues are far more complex than that. Politicians already do too much of that.

I also thought that the movie portrayed how brave our soldiers are and how selflessly they give of themselves.

I didn't leave feeling extra patriotic or more proud to be American anymore than I did when I went in. I already donate to charity and vetrans groups so it didn't remind me or make me think of things that are not already in the front of my mind.

BTW tomorrow is Chris Kyle Day in TX. Your governor made it so.
blackmaleindallas is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:51 AM   #78
andymarksman
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=IIFFOFRDB;1056327959]Remember this great man on February 2nd!

Texas sets aside Chris Kyle Day in honor of American sniper

"I have declared February 2 to be Chris Kyle Day in Texas," Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted. "We honor our military heroes."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/31/us/texas-chris-kyle-day/

Hope Gov. Abbott makes it right to these 76 honorable Texans as well...

http://homeofheroes.com/moh/states/tx.html
andymarksman is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:45 AM   #79
sparrow1122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Happy Chris Kyle day!
To those that served, Thank You!
sparrow1122 is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:32 AM   #80
slingblade
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsmith99989 View Post
Nukes were not in question. We never once thought they had nuclear weapons. There was a world wide concencous that they were working to develop but there was also a world wide concencous that they did not have nuclear capability, yet.

We did know they had chemical and biological weapons. Some we gave them and some we didn't. They used them against their own people.
Since the movie is a fictional account of what happened, it doesn't really matter one way or the other what was said or not said in it. Kyle in real life claimed to have found them so you guys are fighting over some kind of weird semantics at best.
slingblade is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #81
Mojojo
Aficionado

Encounters: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade View Post
Since the movie is a fictional account of what happened, it doesn't really matter one way or the other what was said or not said in it. Kyle in real life claimed to have found them so you guys are fighting over some kind of weird semantics at best.
It was chemical weapons....the book is way better than the movie!
Mojojo is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:27 AM   #82
oldhiway
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

Well, my opinion on this may not be so popular...

*Assuming* that the movie was an accurate account, I have mixed feelings about this guy. He was a very good shot, and a brave soldier, no doubt about that. He protected the US soldiers, and for that he does deserve respect.

However... I don't see this guy as a hero, as being a hero requires more than being a brave soldier. It requires equally honorable behavior off the battle field. This man should not have married, as he neglected his wife and baby to the point that it infuriated me... again, this is assuming that the movie was accurate.

On his wedding day, he's told he's being deployed, and he tells his wife it's a package deal, meaning with him comes his fellow soldiers and the war. I guess this is ok, but it would have been nice if he'd told her that fighting this war was going to take precedence over her and his baby, before marrying her. I do realize that the war affected him mentally, but he was all gung ho to go from the get go.

He kept getting sent home, and kept choosing to go back. His wife BEGGED him to stop going back, to stay home with his new family, but for reasons only he will ever know, he chose the war over them, even after seeing that it was breaking his wife's heart. Perhaps he thought that his presence in the war was going to change something, and if he did think this, he was either a narcissist or delusional. He *could* have stayed home with his family, as he'd already done enough.

He decided to go home for good when he couldn't take the combat anymore, and even when he got home, he *still* chose spending time with the military, training snipers, over time with his family... and ultimately this is what got him killed.

I am not a supporter of this war, as nothing is ever going to change in the middle east, and admittedly this may be influencing my opinion. However, even if it is, that doesn't change the fact that this guy was a great soldier, a true patriot, but he was also a shitty husband.

I guess I've been wanting a forum to rant a bit. Before any of you hate on me too much, remember that I did give him credit where due, but I can not go along with calling him a hero.
oldhiway is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #83
cookie man
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

If you served your country honorably and were instumental in saving your fellow soldiers lives, in my opinion you are a hero. Four tours in any war is going to take its toll on a man. How could it not? His wife did say he was a good father. You can tell in interviews with his wife that she truly loved him and understood his call to service.
cookie man is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:20 AM   #84
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Oldhiway, I can't remember if it was on here, or another forum. There was a post that detailed what deviated from the book. Several of the time lines (the wedding versus being deployed for example) were not accurately depicted based upon the book.

One area where I agree your views might be skewing your outlook. When he went home and started working with veterans it wasn't to hang with military people for social reasons. He did it to help them cope with PTSD. Against the war or not, those solders needed help because of decisions out of their control.

You would find the article interesting.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:49 AM   #85
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I thought the movie was great, and it helped us comprehend a tiny bit about what our military goes through on our behalf. I think Moore and Rogen are tools for their views. If you disagree with wars, criticize the the corrupt politicians who get us into them, never criticize the professionals who are doing their jobs and putting their lives on the line.

Having said that, movies are movies. They are designed to entertain and they are not documentaries. It does not make him any less brave, or his contribution in Iraq any less significant, but a bit of research makes it clear that Chris Kyle had issues with telling the truth. That has been proven in court. Because of that, I'm not happy with 'Chris Kyle Day'.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #86
Boltfan

I'm not sure I would go with the "this has been proven in court" stance. The case and decision was post death, correct? Hard for someone to defend themselves if they are dead.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #87
Trill Jackson
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
I'm not sure I would go with the "this has been proven in court" stance. The case and decision was post death, correct? Hard for someone to defend themselves if they are dead.
The case was settled after he died but the case was filed and took place while he was alive.

Chris Kyle personally testified in the trial. He was here to defend his lies but he failed.
Trill Jackson is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:37 PM   #88
Boltfan

Got it. I didn't follow it closely.

I am not too keen on the whole Chris Kyle day either, mainly because where do you draw the line?

Not sure how much the Kyle Estate is going to profit from the movie and related exposure, but it was awful funny to have Jesse The Body suing for someone weaving tall tales. A fake wrestler suing for someone embellishing. Ha!
Old 02-09-2015, 07:56 PM   #89
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
Got it. I didn't follow it closely.

I am not too keen on the whole Chris Kyle day either, mainly because where do you draw the line?

Not sure how much the Kyle Estate is going to profit from the movie and related exposure, but it was awful funny to have Jesse The Body suing for someone weaving tall tales. A fake wrestler suing for someone embellishing. Ha!
Yeah, Jesse Ventura suing anybody for making stuff up is the definition of irony.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 02:53 PM   #90
Rhino345
Registered Member

Default Great performance, eh story

Bradley cooper was awesome. Too much Hollywood messed up the history on this one. Would rather see a dry but accurate documentary on the man.
Rhino345 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women