Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41515
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35879
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #76
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
We shall see. If anyone of the people mentioned by you and JD propose legislation on the national level within say, the next 6 months, to totally ban handguns,I will come to you, hat in hand, and say you were correct. On the other hand, I would expect the same from you and JD if nothing like that happens.
Let's say, "four years", and remember, Sotomayor has already ruled that individuals have no Constitutional right to bear arms; which is the very judicial activism the Kool Aid sotted libertards have been seeking as the threshold to banning all guns.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #77
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
I will repeat, and I'll try to type veeeerrrrry slowly so even you can understand.

It does not matter what anyone said in the past. Their current positions on the subject are what matters. NO ONE on the national political scene is calling for a ban of all handguns. When Obama, Biden, Feinstein, et. al. come out TODAY and do so, then I'll believe you. Until then, it's just BS that you are spreading.

I once said I'd never vote for a Democrat for President. That was until the Republican party put up McCain/Palin as candidates. Times change. Conditions change. People's opinions change.
What a naive, uninformed statement...even for a libtard on this board. Of course what people said, did, or didn't do in the past has a bearing on any current political situation.

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it..." (George Santayana, Reason in Common Sense)
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #78
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTXOILMAN View Post

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it..." (George Santayana, Reason in Common Sense)
Speedy, remembers the past. His purpose here is to obfuscate the past actions of Odumbo, et al, until they can enact their anti-gun agenda.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #79
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Let's say, "four years", and remember, Sotomayor has already ruled that individuals have no Constitutional right to bear arms; which is the very judicial activism the Kool Aid sotted libertards have been seeking as the threshold to banning all guns.
Let's say until legislation comes down for increased gun control of any kind. That will be step 1 in proving you wrong.

Sotomayor's responsibility is to interpret the law. She cannot initiate legislation. So she will not be involved at all in any gun control law coming before Congress. She interprets the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution as saying there is no "fundamental" right that she can find in it that gives individuals the right to bear arms for private self-defense purposes. NOWHERE in the statement in your post #46 does she say she personally does not believe that individuals do not have the right to bear arms for private self-defense purposes.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #80
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTXOILMAN View Post
What a naive, uninformed statement...even for a libtard on this board. Of course what people said, did, or didn't do in the past has a bearing on any current political situation.

Sorry Conservatard. You believe what you will no matter how incorrect. Comparing the U.S. today to Nazi Germany in 1930 is an unbelievable stretch, even for you Conservative idiots.

I'll be more than happy to add you to my "bet" with the other 2 Conservatards regarding future gun legislation. Deal? Or chicken?
Old 03-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #81
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Barack Obama, "I don't think people should be able to own guns." See also questionnaire @:
http://www.politico.com/static/PPM43...re_091096.html

Janet Reno, “Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms is the goal.”
Janet Reno's quote seems like something a politician might think but probably wouldn't say out loud.

Do you have a link to some video of her saying that or a transcript of an interview or speech?
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #82
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Let's say until legislation comes down for increased gun control of any kind. That will be step 1 in proving you wrong.

Sotomayor's responsibility is to interpret the law. She cannot initiate legislation. So she will not be involved at all in any gun control law coming before Congress. She interprets the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution as saying there is no "fundamental" right that she can find in it that gives individuals the right to bear arms for private self-defense purposes. NOWHERE in the statement in your post #46 does she say she personally does not believe that individuals do not have the right to bear arms for private self-defense purposes.
Justice Sotomayor, ‘I can find nothing in the Second Amendment’s text, history, or underlying rationale that could warrant characterizing it as “fundamental” insofar as it seeks to protect the keeping and bearing of arms for private self-defense purposes. Nor can I find any justification for interpreting the Constitution as transferring ultimate regulatory authority over the private uses of firearms from democratically elected legislatures to courts or from the States to the Federal Government. I therefore conclude that the Fourteenth Amendment does not “incorporate” the Second Amendment’s right “to keep and bear Arms.”’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
Janet Reno's quote seems like something a politician might think but probably wouldn't say out loud.

Do you have a link to some video of her saying that or a transcript of an interview or speech?
Google is your friend.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #83
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

It is always hard to look at a comparison between the times, culture, or tactics of Nazi Germany and the United States without the progressives just losing it. I have never heard anyone directly compare the two entities. What I have seen, and what I have done, is compare the culture or tactics. Look at the culture of the 1920s and 30s in Germany. The Nazi party pretty much set out to shout down anyone who disagreed with them using intimidation and violence. They wore matching outfits and moved in units just like SEIU and union thugs. They were not there to discuss, they were there to beat people down and disrupt. When they got in power they increased their efforts insteading of being happy just being in charge. They controlled the majority of the media and the legislature. If anyone who could not be physically beaten down like a party of important person they were attacked in the press.

The same could be said about almost any totalitarian regime; Franco, Mussolini, Tojo, Stalin, Pol Pot, but Hitler has always been the go to guy because he got followed the rules and got elected which makes Hitler very unique among dictators.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #84
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Justice Sotomayor, ‘I can find nothing in the Second Amendment’s text, history, or underlying rationale that could warrant characterizing it as “fundamental” insofar as it seeks to protect the keeping and bearing of arms for private self-defense purposes. Nor can I find any justification for interpreting the Constitution as transferring ultimate regulatory authority over the private uses of firearms from democratically elected legislatures to courts or from the States to the Federal Government. I therefore conclude that the Fourteenth Amendment does not “incorporate” the Second Amendment’s right “to keep and bear Arms.”’
Very good!!! Now show me where she states a personal opinion by her that states she is against guns in the hands of citizens for personal protection. She interpreted the Second Amendment to the Constitution, as is her job. She, and 3 other justices, did not believe the Second Amendment as written applied to individual rights to gun ownership. Neither do I, but I fully support everyone's right to bear arms for personal protection.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #85
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
It is always hard to look at a comparison between the times, culture, or tactics of Nazi Germany and the United States without the progressives just losing it. I have never heard anyone directly compare the two entities. What I have seen, and what I have done, is compare the culture or tactics. Look at the culture of the 1920s and 30s in Germany. The Nazi party pretty much set out to shout down anyone who disagreed with them using intimidation and violence. They wore matching outfits and moved in units just like SEIU and union thugs. They were not there to discuss, they were there to beat people down and disrupt. When they got in power they increased their efforts insteading of being happy just being in charge. They controlled the majority of the media and the legislature. If anyone who could not be physically beaten down like a party of important person they were attacked in the press.

The same could be said about almost any totalitarian regime; Franco, Mussolini, Tojo, Stalin, Pol Pot, but Hitler has always been the go to guy because he got followed the rules and got elected which makes Hitler very unique among dictators.
Well said. However, to compare the U.S. to any of those regimes and say that we should worry about that happening here -- well, I'll let you and I B worry about that. I have much more relevant things to worry about.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #86
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

She can't find it because that is how SHE views it.

This is the problem

I can read a bible and say it means I can kill anyone I want that kills someone because the eye for an eye thing.

Liberals will look at it as no you cant and conservatives will look at it as yes you can.

Its simple.

Who ever controls the tree house makes the rules till they no longer control the tree house. Then the rules change again.

Over and over and over again.
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #87
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Very good!!! Now show me where she states a personal opinion by her that states she is against guns in the hands of citizens for personal protection. She interpreted the Second Amendment to the Constitution, as is her job. She, and 3 other justices, did not believe the Second Amendment as written applied to individual rights to gun ownership. Neither do I, but I fully support everyone's right to bear arms for personal protection.

Quit being disingenuous, Speedy. That IS her personal opinion; otherwise, she would have ruled according to the "intent" of the Founding Fathers and the interpretations provided by subsequent generations of Constitutional experts and scholars.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #88
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Justice Sotomayor, Quit being disingenuous, Speedy. That IS her personal opinion; otherwise, she would have ruled according to the "intent" of the Founding Fathers and the interpretations provided by subsequent generations of Constitutional experts and scholars.
If you can find a statement by her stating that then I will believe it. Otherwise, it is simply your OPINION. Times change and what our Founding Fathers thought to be correct is not always correct in today's world. Blacks can vote. 15th Amendment Women can vote. 19th Amendment. Slavery is wrong. 13th Amendment. On and on. So the intent of our Founding Fathers was not perfect. Countless court decisions at every level have shown that gun control laws are legal, and have withstood challenges for the most part.

Also there were 3 additional Justices who were in the 5-4 decision in the DC Vs. Heller ruling that agreed with Sotomayor. I assume you believe that all 4 are out to take all your guns? Even Judge Scalia in the majority opinion wrote:

“Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited…”. It is “…not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

So, believe it or not, the 2nd Amendment and its interpretation varies from person to person. It is up the courts, unfortunately, to decide what is correct in TODAY'S world.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #89
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
If you can find a statement by her stating that then I will believe it. Otherwise, it is simply your OPINION. Times change and what our Founding Fathers thought to be correct is not always correct in today's world. Blacks can vote. 15th Amendment Women can vote. 19th Amendment. Slavery is wrong. 13th Amendment. On and on. So the intent of our Founding Fathers was not perfect. Countless court decisions at every level have shown that gun control laws are legal, and have withstood challenges for the most part.

Also there were 3 additional Justices who were in the 5-4 decision in the DC Vs. Heller ruling that agreed with Sotomayor. I assume you believe that all 4 are out to take all your guns? Even Judge Scalia in the majority opinion wrote:

“Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited…”. It is “…not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

So, believe it or not, the 2nd Amendment and its interpretation varies from person to person. It is up the courts, unfortunately, to decide what is correct in TODAY'S world.
Sotomayor's ruling is her opinion. Notice how you delineated amendments to the Constitution that substantively changed the Constitution, not the interpretation thereof. The Founding Fathers quite clearly stipulated what they intended when they adopted the Bill of the Rights, and your and Sotomayor's 'opinions' in no manner reflect or honor their intent.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #90
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
No, no, no. That is NOT the court's job. The Court's job is to apply the law as it was intended to be applied by those who wrote it. "Well, the Constitution says green, but green is out of date, so we say they meant red." Bullshit. There is an abundance of material that explains EXACTLY what the Founders meant when they wrote the 2nd amendment. In this case, the Justice is either lazy or stupid.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women