Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41516
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35881
Mojojo33117

Old 07-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #76
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Huh?

A "Grand Jury" does NOT try cases. A "Petit Jury" is a "trial jury." Nothing to do with crimes or numbers of persons sitting on the jury.

And, acp: Florida "905.01 Number and procurement of grand jury; replacement of member.
(1) The grand jury shall consist of not fewer than 15 nor more than 21 persons. ..."

The Grand Jury hears evidence from the government (the defense is sometimes invited to present evidence) and from that evidence determines if there is probably cause to indict the person for the crime. If so the Grand Jury "true bills" an indictment. If not "no bills."

Florida: "905.16 Duties of grand jury.—The grand jury shall inquire into every offense triable within the county for which any person has been held to answer, if an indictment has not been found or an information or affidavit filed for the offense, and all other indictable offenses triable within the county that are presented to it by the state attorney or her or his designated assistant or otherwise come to its knowledge."

In Florida by statute,

unless the person is charged with a death penalty case, the jury is six (6) members ...

Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure
"3.270. Number of Jurors

"Twelve persons shall constitute a jury to try all capital cases, and 6 persons shall constitute a jury to try all other criminal cases."

also to clarify, by statute, in Florida, the state does not have to take the case to the Grand Jury for an indictment unless it is a death penalty case, but the state MAY DO SO and could have done so in the Zimmerman case.

In Texas we have 12 jurors in felony cases and 6 in misdemeanor cases. In civil cases we have 12 jurors in district courts and 6 jurors in county and justice court cases.
It was just from memory. Glad to see ya looked it up. Thanks for the clarification.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #77
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
But this report ought to make you proud of your President and his DOJ:
http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/il...zimmerman.html
LOL. For such a, ahem, brilliant legalistic mind, you ain't too bright.

Quote:
“These documents detail the extraordinary intervention by the Justice Department in the pressure campaign leading to the prosecution of George Zimmerman,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “My guess is that most Americans would rightly object to taxpayers paying government employees to help organize racially-charged demonstrations.”
http://www.justice.gov/crs/

The Community Relations Service is the Department's "peacemaker" for community conflicts and tensions arising from differences of race, color, and national origin. Created by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, CRS is the only Federal agency dedicated to assist State and local units of government, private and public organizations, and community groups with preventing and resolving racial and ethnic tensions, incidents, and civil disorders, and in restoring racial stability and harmony.
With passage of the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, CRS also works with communities to employ strategies to prevent and respond to alleged violent hate crimes committed on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or disability. CRS facilitates the development of viable, mutual understandings and agreements as alternatives to coercion, violence, or litigation. It also assists communities in developing local mechanisms, conducting training, and other proactive measures to prevent racial/ethnic tension and violent hate crimes committed on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or disability. CRS does not take sides among disputing parties and, in promoting the principles and ideals of non-discrimination, applies skills that allow parties to come to their own agreement. In performing this mission, CRS deploys highly skilled professional conciliators, who are able to assist people of diverse backgrounds.

Quote:
I would also add, if those reports are correct, that the intervention resulted in a stirring up of the hornets' nests that could well be the producing cause of the spurious charges brought against him and HE (Zimmerman) may have the civil rights action against the Feds with locals as co-conspirators.

The longer this thing continues to get stirred in the media and in the Courts, the more potentially politically damaging evidence will surface, and it will result in some of those "phoney" investigations of the Obaminable administration, which really ought to start packing for a quiet exit West.
Perhaps you should follow ACP's advice and stop reading into everything.

Makes you look foolish.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #78
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

She (Juror B29) admits that the evidence did not support a conviction; She says that the jurors thought Zimmerman was guilty “in their hearts.” No doubt she was speaking only for her own heart, but the salient point is that when you feel something in your heart, despite a lack of evidence, you are indulging a bias or prejudice. That is nothing to be proud of !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #79
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
No doubt she was speaking only for her own heart, but the salient point is that when you feel something in your heart, despite a lack of evidence, you are indulging a bias or prejudice. That is nothing to be proud of !
So you're an atheist too?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #80
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Makes you look foolish.
How would you know? From a cut and paste? Who's reading into what?

As for ACP's comments ... in other threads I posted responses to the same queries ...

.. at least I looked up the statutory language to verify and support what I said ....

as opposed to some reader's digest blog content.

This is way over your head. Give it up. You're drowning.

You actually believe this shit?

"CRS does not take sides among disputing parties and, in promoting the principles and ideals of non-discrimination, applies skills that allow parties to come to their own agreement. In performing this mission, CRS deploys highly skilled professional conciliators, who are able to assist people of diverse backgrounds."

You really are "intoxicated" with the propaganda!

Are these "community watchmen" or "community organizers"?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #81
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
As for ACP's comments ... in other threads I posted responses to the same queries ...
Again, you're showing an inability to follow along with the conversation.

Quote:
.. at least I looked up the statutory language to verify and support what I said ....
And you would have been wise to look up what the crs is all about. Instead you posted vaguely worded information from a readers digest blog where the reality in no way supports what they (or you) are trying to suggest.

Quote:
as opposed to some reader's digest blog content.

Quote:
This is way over your head. Give it up. You're drowning.
And simple reading comprehension appears to be over your head. Drowning, indeed.

Quote:
You actually believe this shit?

"CRS does not take sides among disputing parties and, in promoting the principles and ideals of non-discrimination, applies skills that allow parties to come to their own agreement. In performing this mission, CRS deploys highly skilled professional conciliators, who are able to assist people of diverse backgrounds."
Yup. It's a government organization that's been around since the mid 60's, doing exactly what it's been tasked to do since its inception. You have zero proof otherwise. So trying to use the vague wording from judicial watch to justify your anti-obama whining is making you look like an idiot.

Quote:

You really are "intoxicated" with the propaganda!

Are these "community watchmen" or "community organizers"?
Well, to you, i'm sure they're nothing but "black". Which, apparently, is all you need to know to form an opinion.

Previously, i just didn't like you. But now i'm coming to the conclusion that you're a pretty disgusting human being.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #82
Hero Zimmerman
BANNED

So this juror will be putting out her book first, yes?
Hero Zimmerman is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:49 AM   #83
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Again, you're showing an inability to follow along with the conversation.

Previously, i just didn't like you. But now i'm coming to the conclusion that you're a pretty disgusting human being.
The conversation is about a distortion from an interview by a juror, who was intelligent enough to put aside her bias and "follow along" with the facts an the law.

When are you going to start that?

As for your assessment of me, I consider the source and would actually be concerned about myself, if you were to announce you "liked me" and thought I was a pretty good guy.

In some "circles" I prefer to not be "liked" or thought "well of" .... you know what I mean?

Or are you having trouble following along?

As for your race card ... trumped. This current administration wouldn't lift a finger to deal with thugs swaggering around with night-sticks in a voting area, but will waste time re-investigating a case that has already been "investigated" by the FBI and found to be "non-racial" and after the President has publicly stuck his worthless nose in an extremely local matter ... that has nothing to do with civil rights ....

....... voter intimidation is all about civil rights! And there are the photos to prove it.

Additionally, it is regrettable that you are not appreciative of the "Freedom of Information Act' and the information it often discloses.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:04 AM   #84
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
The conversation is about a distortion from an interview by a juror, who was intelligent enough to put aside her bias and "follow along" with the facts an the law.
I'm referring to the specific comment you quoted in your response.

Duh.

Quote:
....... voter intimidation is all about civil rights! And there are the photos to prove it.
And your knowledge of that photo is right up there with your knowledge of the CRS. In other words, all you know is what the right-wing blogs tell you.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:34 AM   #85
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:

When are you going to start that?

As for your assessment of me, I consider the source and would actually be concerned about myself, if you were to announce you "liked me" and thought I was a pretty good guy.

In some "circles" I prefer to not be "liked" or thought "well of" .... you know what I mean?

Or are you having trouble following along?

As for your race card ... trumped. This current administration wouldn't lift a finger to deal with thugs swaggering around with night-sticks in a voting area, but will waste time re-investigating a case that has already been "investigated" by the FBI and found to be "non-racial" and after the President has publicly stuck his worthless nose in an extremely local matter ... that has nothing to do with civil rights ....

Additionally, it is regrettable that you are not appreciative of the "Freedom of Information Act' and the information it often discloses.
There are several things I have learned from years of following LL's posts.

1) He is a bright guy but unfortunately he feels his opinion trumps others.
2) He has an extremely high opinion of himself that some might even call a "superiority complex."
3) He oftentimes feels the need to remind others of his self-perceived superiority.
4) Individuals who feel the need to constantly remind others of their superiority are rarely, if ever, superior.
5) I normally take LL's opinions (and his over inflated ego) with a grain of salt!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #86
Hero Zimmerman
BANNED

So it appears that ABC likes to edit their interviews too. This juror better lawyer up.
Hero Zimmerman is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #87
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Zimmerman View Post
So it appears that ABC likes to edit their interviews too. This juror better lawyer up.
+1
Old 07-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #88
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
There are several things I have learned from years of following LL's posts. ......

....... a grain of salt!
Has that been building up over the "years"?

I'm giving you credit, BT, for being able to look out over the desert of Iraq and determine that there will be no WMD's found in there ... after the invasion .. because I give credit where credit is due ... and I didn't even think you had an "over inflated" anything ...

.. but I'll keep calling bullshit until the mods, God, or I give me vacation from posting here.

OK?
Old 07-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #89
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
And your knowledge of that photo is right up there with your knowledge of the CRS. In other words, all you know is what the right-wing blogs tell you.
I don't remember reading any "right-wing blogs" telling me that the guys standing there were dispatched there by the Panthers to monitor the poll with nightsticks.

What did the "left-wing blogs" say they were doing?

On "neighborhood watch"?

I have worked polls before, although not in Philadelphia, and ...

............ I don't recall seeing anyone .. ANYONE ... patrolling the entrance to the polling place with nightsticks. But may be that is par for Pennsylvania.

But I am glad you pointed out the guys are Black, because that deepens the hypocrisy if the current administration "re-investigating" Zimmerman.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #90
cuda1179
Gaining Momentum

How about you just go to the video. It might still be up on youtube. These Black Panthers were indeed intimidating anyone that was "melanin deficient" shall we say. In the 4 minute video I saw they let fly with numerous racial epithets and aggressive actions.

Although, I might be confusing the 2012 incident with the 2008 incident.
cuda1179 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women