Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60272
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48406
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41328
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35745
Mojojo33117

Old 06-24-2020, 12:56 PM   #76
oeb11
Valued Poster

Tiny - I might suggest that to be a "Politician" - particularly a Congressperson/Senator - is to be able to Take the money, then stab the donor in the back with no conscience.
An "honest " politician - One who -when Bought - stays Bought.

Thanks to Captain Midnight.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:22 PM   #77
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Remember all the discussion in 2007 of ending the tax break for carried interest?

Kudos to anyone who can name the two well-known, influential Senators that privately -- but quickly -- killed stone dead any talk of the idea going any further in committee discussions.

(And one of them was arguably the most outspoken public figure with regard to advocating for elimination of that tax break!)
Is there a statute of limitations on political hypocrisy?

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=21
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 02:40 PM   #78
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Does anyone remember Jimmy Carter's infamous " malaise" speech of 1979? He told us we were all just going to have to do with less.

Today's Democrats seem eager to take us back to those days.
Quote:
.For the record, here is the text of Carter's 1979 speech:

https://www.americanrhetoric.com/spe...confidence.htm

Thanks for the link, Captain. Think I'll pass on reading it. That speech was so awful that back in 1979 I turned off the TV after the first 10 minutes and ran out the door for a drink!

If you recall, Jimmy C built up huge expectations prior to the speech by "sheltering in place" (to use a now popular term) at Camp David for 2 fucking weeks - while he invited various "experts" and pollsters and spiritual leaders et alia to visit and help him plumb the depths of the American psyche to diagnose what ailed us, when most citizens were just looking for an end to lines at the gas pumps.

By November 1980, most voters decided the only thing really ailing us was a malaise-stricken POTUS who projected his own shortcomings onto the country at large. But hey, let's give the peanut farmer some credit - his "malaise" speech helped usher Ronald Reagan into office under a cheerful, optimistic counter-theme ("It's morning in America!") that not only got rid of those annoying gas lines, but also delivered 8 years of peace and prosperity!

Funny how the dim-retards never learn. They still believe in Blame American First (as Jeanne Kirkpatrick memorably tagged their philosophy) and the constant need for all of us to kneel and flagellate ourselves and issue mea culpas and pay reparations for all manner of past wrong-doings and seek atonement for our innumerable historical sins of both omission and commission. Nothing cheerful or optimistic in that messaging!

When Republicans see problems, they don't wallow in them or self-reflect helplessly or secretly seek to perpetuate them for political gain like the dim-retards do. Republicans try to fashion SOLUTIONS!

Maybe the DNC can exhume Jimmy Carter and invite him to be their keynote speaker for this year's convention! They can introduce him as President Malaise, while they all link arms and sing "Unhappy Days Are Here Again!"

Now that would make a great visual!
Old 06-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #79
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Thanks for the link, Captain. Think I'll pass on reading it. That speech was so awful that back in 1979 I turned off the TV after the first 10 minutes and ran out the door for a drink!

If you recall, Jimmy C built up huge expectations prior to the speech by "sheltering in place" (to use a now popular term) at Camp David for 2 fucking weeks - while he invited various "experts" and pollsters and spiritual leaders et alia to visit and help him plumb the depths of the American psyche to diagnose what ailed us, when most citizens were just looking for an end to lines at the gas pumps.
I scanned it, and it's fucking hilarious. Yeah, the first 3/4's are stupid platitudes. But get down to the meat. He's setting quotas on imports of oil, at the same time as he's placing a Windfall Profits Tax on domestic oil production, all in response to high oil prices and lines at the pump. So you're going to limit imports at the same time as you rob the domestic producers of the capital to increase U.S. production - a sure fire recipe for higher prices and more shortages. Also you see the genesis of the shale oil "boom", which was a bigger boondoggle and bigger waste of taxpayer money than what Obama flushed down the toilet on questionable solar companies.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:26 PM   #80
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Tiny - I might suggest that to be a "Politician" - particularly a Congressperson/Senator - is to be able to Take the money, then stab the donor in the back with no conscience.

I'll flip it around Oeb. An honest donor is like one of the Koch brothers, who promote free markets and less corporate welfare even when that may not be in their best interest. A dishonest donor is someone like Democrats George Soros and James Simon, who have promoted carried interest and offshore structures that enabled fund managers to perpetually avoid paying tax.

Simon's use of Roth IRA's also merits mention. His Medallion fund has racked up tons of profits, tax free, for him and his employees through creative use of their retirement funds. Most other billionaires have to pay taxes on their investment gains.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:32 PM   #81
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Bolton was a trump hugger for a bit. That makes them both swamppers imo. No credibility from either one
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #82
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I scanned it, and it's fucking hilarious. Yeah, the first 3/4's are stupid platitudes. But get down to the meat. He's setting quotas on imports of oil, at the same time as he's placing a Windfall Profits Tax on domestic oil production, all in response to high oil prices and lines at the pump. So you're going to limit imports at the same time as you rob the domestic producers of the capital to increase U.S. production - a sure fire recipe for higher prices and more shortages. Also you see the genesis of the shale oil "boom", which was a bigger boondoggle and bigger waste of taxpayer money than what Obama flushed down the toilet on questionable solar companies.
You lost me with the last sentence. How was the shale boom a "boondoggle" and a "waste of taxpayer money"?
Old 06-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #83
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
You lost me with the last sentence. How was the shale boom a "boondoggle" and a "waste of taxpayer money"?
This was a different kind of shale boom. You actually mined the shale, like you would coal. Then heat and process it to extract the oil. They do something like this with oil sands in Canada, but the costs are a lot less than with shale.

The problem was that it took something like $80 to $100 per barrel for this to make sense without government subsidies, at a time when oil was selling for around $30 per barrel. Through the Windfall Profits Tax, Carter apparently intended to channel money from oil producers to shale oil projects, among other things. The producers could have exploited conventional oil resources in the U.S. that would have cost a lot less per barrel of oil, compared to in situ shale oil.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:44 PM   #84
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
This was a different kind of shale boom. You actually mined the shale, like you would coal. Then heat and process it to extract the oil. They do something like this with oil sands in Canada, but the costs are a lot less than with shale.

The problem was that it took something like $80 to $100 per barrel for this to make sense without government subsidies, at a time when oil was selling for around $30 per barrel. Through the Windfall Profits Tax, Carter apparently intended to channel money from oil producers to shale oil projects, among other things. The producers could have exploited conventional oil resources in the U.S. that would have cost a lot less per barrel of oil, compared to in situ shale oil.
Ok, I thought you were referring to fracking when you said "shale boom". I'm not familiar with the older shale subsidy program, but it sounds like something they tried to justify by claiming it would move us closer to energy independence even if it meant exploiting what were then high-cost domestic sources. I doubt if it wasted as much taxpayer money as ethanol subsidies, another boondoggle program and one that was much loved by Iowa corn farmers!

It's absurd for us to waste so much money on ineffective, overpriced technologies. Tar sands production (as pursued in Canada) is a relatively high-cost extraction method, but I don't think it ever needed to be subsidized.

I believe the Strategic Petroleum Reserve - a program to store hundreds of millions of barrels of oil in Louisiana salt domes - also began under Carter, supposedly to provide a buffer against future world supply shocks due to OPEC or unforeseen events such as revolution in Iran.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:01 AM   #85
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post

so, a politican who won't be bought is a backstabber?

what a twisted definition of "honest".
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:16 AM   #86
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11

so, a politican who won't be bought is a backstabber?

what a twisted definition of "honest".

oeb11- DF - with respect - Not what i wrote.
oeb11 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women