Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162326
Yssup Rider60190
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #76
John Bull
Valued Poster

Patton also regretted the action but felt bound to obey, as did Eisenhower. I very much doubt that either of them would have taken such action had they been asked to do so after they had attained their later rank. MacArthur, to my knowledge, never regretted his action and it is amazing to me that he wasn't fired by that great humanitarian FDR when he got into office. It stands to reason that he should have been relieved by Hoover.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #77
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
Patton also regretted the action but felt bound to obey, as did Eisenhower. I very much doubt that either of them would have taken such action had they been asked to do so after they had attained their later rank. MacArthur, to my knowledge, never regretted his action and it is amazing to me that he wasn't fired by that great humanitarian FDR when he got into office. It stands to reason that he should have been relieved by Hoover.
Just goes to show WTF people will do to keep their job. Makes one understand Anthony Weiner a bit more.

Reminds me of the John Mellencamp song and line in Cool Hand Luke...''Just calling it your job ole Hoss sure don't make it right''

Cool Hand Luke..WWJD vs WWCHLD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Fuxn18GRM

http://www.lyricinterpretations.com/...-the-Scarecrow

Rain on the Scarecrow

The crops we grew last summer weren't enough to pay the loans
Couldn't buy the seed to plant this spring and the farmers bank foreclosed
Called my old friend Schepman up to auction off the land
He said, "John, it's just my job and I hope you understand"

Hey, calling it your job, ol' hoss, sure don't make it right
But if you want me to I'll say a prayer for your soul tonight
And grandma's on the front porch swing with a Bible in her hand

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #78
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Just goes to show WTF people will do to keep their job. Makes one understand Anthony Weiner a bit more.

Reminds me of the John Mellencamp song and line in Cool Hand Luke...''Just calling it your job ole Hoss sure don't make it right''

http://www.lyricinterpretations.com/...-the-Scarecrow

Rain on the Scarecrow

The crops we grew last summer weren't enough to pay the loans
Couldn't buy the seed to plant this spring and the farmers bank foreclosed
Called my old friend Schepman up to auction off the land
He said, "John, it's just my job and I hope you understand"

Hey, calling it your job, ol' hoss, sure don't make it right
But if you want me to I'll say a prayer for your soul tonight
And grandma's on the front porch swing with a Bible in her hand

MacArthur was busted in grade and more or less censored by being sent to the Philippines following bad, job–related decisions in a civil disturbance operation. Weiner seeks empathy from the public and the press by going into a rehab for taking pictures of himself in the mirror while playing with his junk in public buildings—not a public-servant, job-related activity I’ve ever read about(?). WTF, it’s a miracle you have the wondrous insight to make that connection.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:23 AM   #79
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default civil disturbance operation my ass, those vets were cheering him at first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
MacArthur was busted in grade and more or less censored by being sent to the Philippines following bad, job–related decisions in a civil disturbance operation. Weiner seeks empathy from the public and the press by going into a rehab for taking pictures of himself in the mirror while playing with his junk in public buildings—not a public-servant, job-related activity I’ve ever read about(?). WTF, it’s a miracle you have the wondrous insight to make that connection.

MacArthur, Patton and Ike went on to do many great things.

It don't make wtf they done to those WWI army vets right.

Nothing Weiner has done rises to the shame of firing on your fellow citizens. If you think it does that is another difference between you and I that I am glad of.

I am not suprised at all that I have to make all these connections for you. You got so much hate for liberals , I am suprised you haven't started you own army and called for another Civil War.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #80
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
MacArthur, Patton and Ike went on to do many great things.

It don't make wtf they done to those WWI army vets right.

Nothing Weiner has done rises to the shame of firing on your fellow citizens. If you think it does that is another difference between you and I that I am glad of.

I am not suprised at all that I have to make all these connections for you. You got so much hate for liberals , I am suprised you haven't started you own army and called for another Civil War.
The only shots fired were fired by the DC, metro police.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #81
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
The only shots fired were fired by the DC, metro police.
Oh yea, they just ran them off public land and burnt their possesions. It was another government agency that did the shooting.

What they did is indefensible just as what Weiner did. The point you are missing is that Weiner does not rise to that level at all. The people in his district do not want him to resign.

Now if you want to defend one act and not the other, like I said, that is just another difference between you and I.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #82
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
The point you are missing is that Weiner does not rise to that level at all.
Here, you are very much correct. I am not at all a MacArthur fan, but at least MacArthur had a code of conduct and principles he lived by. All Weiner has proved is that he has a penis, and that he likes to degrade women with his unsolicited images.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #83
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default What code of conduct was that?

Quote:
Here, you are very much correct. I am not at all a MacArthur fan, but at least MacArthur had a code of conduct and principles he lived by. All Weiner has proved is that he has a penis, and that he likes to degrade women with his unsolicited images.
His code of conduct was to promote and protect his ass.
You ain't the only one that knows a bit of history around here.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAmacarthur.htm

MacArthur developed right-wing political views and at one meeting argued that: "Pacifism and its bedfellow, Communism, are all about us. Day by day this cancer eats deeper into the body politic."

In June 1932, MacArthur, controversially used tanks, four troops of cavalry with drawn sabers, and infantry with fixed bayonets, on the Bonus Army in Washington. He justified his attack on former members of the United States Army by claiming that the country was on the verge of a communist revolution. Dwight D. Eisenhower and George Patton also took part in this operation.

The radical journalist, Drew Pearson, was highly critical of MacArthur's actions. MacArthur's ex-wife, Louise Cromwell, provided Pearson with confidential information about her former husband. This included the story that MacArthur's promotion to major general had come through the political intervention of her father, Edward T. Stotesbury. After publishing the story Pearson found himself being sued by MacArthur for $1,750,000.

Pearson looked to be in trouble when Louise Cromwell refused to testify in court. After receiving a tip-off from one of his contacts, Pearson met MacArthur's young mistress who had been dispatched back to the Philippines. She handed over a collection of his love letters. Pearson then used these letters to persuade MacArthur to withdraw his libel action.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #84
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
His code of conduct was to promote and protect his ass.
You ain't the only one that knows a bit of history around here.
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAmacarthur.htm

MacArthur developed right-wing political views and at one meeting argued that: "Pacifism and its bedfellow, Communism, are all about us. Day by day this cancer eats deeper into the body politic."
In June 1932, MacArthur, controversially used tanks, four troops of cavalry with drawn sabers, and infantry with fixed bayonets, on the Bonus Army in Washington. He justified his attack on former members of the United States Army by claiming that the country was on the verge of a communist revolution. Dwight D. Eisenhower and George Patton also took part in this operation.
The radical journalist, Drew Pearson, was highly critical of MacArthur's actions. MacArthur's ex-wife, Louise Cromwell, provided Pearson with confidential information about her former husband. This included the story that MacArthur's promotion to major general had come through the political intervention of her father, Edward T. Stotesbury. After publishing the story Pearson found himself being sued by MacArthur for $1,750,000.
Pearson looked to be in trouble when Louise Cromwell refused to testify in court. After receiving a tip-off from one of his contacts, Pearson met MacArthur's young mistress who had been dispatched back to the Philippines. She handed over a collection of his love letters. Pearson then used these letters to persuade MacArthur to withdraw his libel action.
WTF, how ever could you misconstrue: “I am not at all a MacArthur fan”?

Got any dirty little pictures? Didn’t think so. Were the letters unsolicited? Didn’t think so.

WTF, you have me defending a man I do not like, just to show you what a miserable little wiener Weiner is!!! Are you frigging happy?

“In 1922, MacArthur, age 42, married Louise Cromwell Brooks, a divorced socialite ten years his junior with two children -- and a fortune. The unlikely union between the high-flying flapper and general ended seven years later. When he was Army Chief of Staff, he brought to Washington Isabel Rosario Cooper, a 27-year-old actress of Scottish and Filipino ancestry known as ‘Dimples’, who had become his mistress in Manila after his divorce. In 1937, the 57-year-old MacArthur wed again, this time to Jean Faircloth, a 37-year-old from Murfreesboro, Tennessee.” So, he had a touch of "Yellow Fever". No wonder he liked the Far East so much.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #85
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
WTF, how ever could you misconstrue: “I am not at all a MacArthur fan”?

Got any dirty little pictures? Didn’t think so. Were the letters unsolicited? Didn’t think so.

WTF, you have me defending a man I do not like, just to show you what a miserable little wiener Weiner is!!! Are you frigging happy?

“In 1922, MacArthur, age 42, married Louise Cromwell Brooks, a divorced socialite ten years his junior with two children -- and a fortune. The unlikely union between the high-flying flapper and general ended seven years later. When he was Army Chief of Staff, he brought to Washington Isabel Rosario Cooper, a 27-year-old actress of Scottish and Filipino ancestry known as ‘Dimples’, who had become his mistress in Manila after his divorce. In 1937, the 57-year-old MacArthur wed again, this time to Jean Faircloth, a 37-year-old from Murfreesboro, Tennessee.” So, he had a touch of "Yellow Fever". No wonder he liked the Far East so much.

You are defending a man whose misdeeds were just as bad if not worse than Weiners?

What I am questioning is the ''lily white test'' some of you have for politicians. I am under no such illusion/delusion. Reagan was trading arms for hostages ....poliyics is dirty enough. I do not care about a politicians personal life. I care more WTF they do in office than WTF they do on their own time.

Also, I am not defending Weiners actions. I just do not think them bad enough to resign. I say let the voters decide.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #86
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
You are defending a man whose misdeeds were just as bad if not worse than Weiners?
In this last exchange, we were debating which of the two men had principles. Weiner has demonstrated that he does not have any. Your counter was to point out that a single man, MacArthur, had an affair with a single woman who was neither an employee or a servant. Maybe that makes sense to you, but . . .

Furthermore, you keep harping on MacArthur's misdeeds, and I agreed that his misdeeds were indeed great. But, in the end, he was justifiably fired by Truman. Evidently, that point is lost on you because you continue to support and seek to justify the unethical, infantile behavior of "the member." How in the world does MacArthur's dismissal in anyway justify Weiner keeping his job? Again, maybe that makes sense to you, but . . .
Old 06-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #87
gnadfly
Account Disabled

IBH, I'm sure WTF will find a song lyric or movie allusion to make his point!

The reason I brought up the Hooverville incidents was to point out that there a many versions of history taught...with many not 100% agreed upon by all historians. Palin's version may be correct in some historian's eyes. I had no idea of MacArthur's misdeeds until after college. I honestly don't know if "one if by land, two if by sea" or "I shall return!" actually happened or just made good copy for the day.

My point is the automatic derision. Did she disavow Revere warning the Colonist (who were mainly British in that area)? Why not let it go? Its like the interview with then Gov GW Bush when the journalist was asking him who the prime ministers of a bunch of countries were and he walked off. Its just "gotcha" politics from the Demomedia.

Marshall, I'm still waiting for your Obama Occidental College transcript source...PM me if its secret society stuff.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #88
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
My point is the automatic derision. Did she disavow Revere warning the Colonist (who were mainly British in that area)? Why not let it go? Its like the interview with then Gov GW Bush when the journalist was asking him who the prime ministers of a bunch of countries were and he walked off. Its just "gotcha" politics from the Demomedia.
“What have you seen so far today and what are you going to take away from your visit?”

If that, and "What newspapers do you read?" qualify as gotcha questions to this wahoo from Wasilla, then she needs to stay a million miles away from the Presidency.

And frankly, anyone who considers that "gotcha politics" should have their right to vote rescinded.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #89
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
No serious person here believes you are qualified to determine who is a moron and who isn't......
he"ll also jump in with the "mob" to shun you for using "offensive" language ( for wat ever they deem it to be on any given day..LOL..) towards someone in a post.. dont worry, youll get used to it..her 25,000 emails have , so far , turned out to be a goose chase, count on the paranoia of her running escalating to a fever pitch .
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #90
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
IBH, I'm sure WTF will find a song lyric or movie allusion to make his point!

The reason I brought up the Hooverville incidents was to point out that there a many versions of history taught...with many not 100% agreed upon by all historians. Palin's version may be correct in some historian's eyes. I had no idea of MacArthur's misdeeds until after college. I honestly don't know if "one if by land, two if by sea" or "I shall return!" actually happened or just made good copy for the day.

Marshall, I'm still waiting for your Obama Occidental College transcript source...PM me if its secret society stuff.
When I heard what Palin said, I thought it was a stilted statement - but not technically wrong. However, after reading your post, and I don't recall this being mentioned here before, I realized that she was entirely correct. There were no Americans, per se, in April 1775 when he made his ride. Except for the few resident foreigners and the many Native Americans, everyone in the 13 colonies was an Englishman, British subjects, and remained so until 4 July 1776.

P.S. At the time, the press jumped MacArthur's khakied a@@ for his "I shall return" statement. The proper first person future emphatic is, "I will return."

"Millions of packs of cigarette, gum, candy, pencils, and sewing kits were imprinted with 'I shall return. MacArthur' and delivered by submarine. Large numbers of the publication Free Philippines came ashore, as did newspapers and periodicals. Not all of it was well received. Colonel Russell Volckmann, commander of the USAFIP (NL) [U.S. Army Forces in the Philippines Northern Luzon)] was disappointed to receive several heavy boxes full of propaganda materials stamped 'I shall return.' He sent a message to headquarters discouraging further propaganda supplies and asked for weapons and ammunition instead. He then developed a motto for his guerrillas, 'We Remained!'"

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women