Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70753
biomed162906
Yssup Rider60567
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48531
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42087
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36440
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #76
sexaholic87
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
So is negotiation and compromise. Bush did, Obama won't.
Really? Bush wasn't known for his negotiation skills... at all. He said (after barely beating Kerry) that he had political capital that he planned on spending.

But what do Republicans want? What does Obama need to do to get Ted Cruz's vote on well qualified nominees?
sexaholic87 is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #77
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodBar View Post
The only difference between this and FDR's 1937 Supreme Court packing stunt is whether we are adding seats or filling vacancies. Quote from your link:

"The (DC district) court isn’t overworked, the openings are there because of filibusters of Bush nominees, and Obama’s had five years to nominate people and hasn’t... There are lots of overworked courts out there to which these three slots could go."

Did you get the part where Bush nominees to the same court were blocked - yet Republicans didn't go for the "nuclear option"?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #78
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
But Mcconnell wanted to get rid of the filibuster in 2005. Did you forget to mention that?
So what? McConnell talked about it but didn't do it. Harry Reid pulled the trigger.

How about if I fuck your wife and say it was justified because you lusted after mine? Would that be ok?
Old 11-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #79
sexaholic87
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
The only difference between this and FDR's 1937 Supreme Court packing stunt is whether we are adding seats or filling vacancies. Quote from your link:

"The (DC district) court isn’t overworked, the openings are there because of filibusters of Bush nominees, and Obama’s had five years to nominate people and hasn’t... There are lots of overworked courts out there to which these three slots could go."

Did you get the part where Bush nominees to the same court were blocked - yet Republicans didn't go for the "nuclear option"?
You do realize that, in the entire article, you are quoting the "republican argument", bolstered by the "republican expert" at Cato, don't you?

The gist of the argument is the ruling:

Our ruling

The claim that Obama is "packing" the D.C. Circuit Court largely runs counter to American legal and political history.

Genuine court packing has involved one branch of government proposing to change the structure of the courts, either expanding or decreasing the number of judges. That's not what Obama's doing. We rate the claim False.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #80
sexaholic87
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
So what? McConnell talked about it but didn't do it. Harry Reid pulled the trigger.

How about if I fuck your wife and say it was justified because you lusted after mine? Would that be ok?
False equivalence.

You said that Obama voted against it in 2005, which made him a hypocrite. I'm simply pointing out that the other side wanted to go nuclear, which similarly makes them hypocrites now.

Can't have it both ways.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #81
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

He only likes it one way, based on the tenor of his posts.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #82
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
False equivalence.

You said that Obama voted against it in 2005, which made him a hypocrite. I'm simply pointing out that the other side wanted to go nuclear, which similarly makes them hypocrites now.

Can't have it both ways.
You're retarded. You equate considering an option with choosing it. That's the false equivalence.

Democrats pulled the trigger in 2013 after Republicans in the same position in 2005 deemed it unwise. Now you libtards have no moral authority left. You're reduced to whining like a little kid - "But you thought about it too!" Utterly pathetic. Leading the race to the bottom, then blaming the other side.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #83
sexaholic87
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
You're retarded. You equate considering an option with choosing it. That's the false equivalence.

Democrats pulled the trigger in 2013 after Republicans in the same position in 2005 deemed it unwise. Now you libtards have no moral authority left. You're reduced to whining like a little kid - "But you thought about it too!" Utterly pathetic. Leading the race to the bottom, then blaming the other side.
I do.

Just because it didn't come to that doesn't mean that Republicans aren't reeking of hypocrisy as well. They considered it and it didn't come to it because Democrats actually started negotiating. Obama has had an unprecedented amount of obstruction, which is also well documented:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ees-have-been/

And who's whining? I don't particularly like the changes in rules, but I do see why it's necessary. It's not like Dems started a thread about "big bad Obama/Reid" and their "power grab."

Oh, and I guess anyone who doesn't fit your narrative must be similarly retarded (which, by the way, shouldn't be used):

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...enates-nuclea/

Love Politifact. Hard to argue when facts are blatantly in your face. Of course, I'm sure you will find a way anyway.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #84
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:

gee, all of you Burg-boi's sure are classy. Stupid as an anvil too.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #85
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Hard to argue when facts are blatantly in your face. Of course, I'm sure you will find a way anyway.
I already put the facts blatantly in your face. In 2005, Republicans shied away from the nuclear option. In 2013, Democrats pulled the trigger on the nuclear option. Those are the facts. Hard to argue with an idiot who insists on equating factual opposites.

"I don't particularly like the changes in rules, but I do see why it's necessary."

What you're really saying is you feel guilty and uncomfortable. But like a true uncompromising libtard, you tell yourself it's ok because the end justifies the means, right? Of course. We must destroy the village to save it!

Oh, and how is it when there are negotiations, you always credit the Dems but when there aren't, you always blame the Republicans? Can your biased and partisan Politifact pals cite any examples where Odumbo has been successful as a negotiator? As opposed to being a stubborn, arrogant, disengaged and divisive Alinsky ideologue who couldn't negotiate his way out of a paper bag?

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun." - Odumbo in 2008 on how to negotiate.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #86
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
gee, all of you Burg-boi's sure are classy. Stupid as an anvil too.
Hey, CBJ7 congrats on reaching and surpassing 12k posts. Being incapable of deep thoughts must have made it easier for you to get there by specializing in hit-and-run insults. Keep 'em coming, you limpdick libtard!
Old 11-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #87
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Hey, CBJ7 congrats on reaching and surpassing 12k posts. Being incapable of deep thoughts must have made it easier for you to get there by specializing in hit-and-run insults. Keep 'em coming, you limpdick libtard!
CJZero has a lot in common with Dirty Reid. Hard to look at.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #88
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
I've noticed you're the epitome of deep, intellectual debate. ...... for a 1st grader.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #89
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Really? Bush wasn't known for his negotiation skills... at all. He said (after barely beating Kerry) that he had political capital that he planned on spending.

But what do Republicans want? What does Obama need to do to get Ted Cruz's vote on well qualified nominees?
You know what's also lacking? Your rebuttal skills. Really.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #90
sexaholic87
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
You know what's also lacking? Your rebuttal skills. Really.
Also your comprehension.

I wasn't trying to form a rebuttal, I was actually asking you a question.

What do the republicans want? What are they trying to negotiate?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women