Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35952
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-19-2014, 11:42 AM   #76
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
The OP misses the point (deliberately I think), this is not about profit. This is about safety. You're comparing apples and oranges. The oil will, and is getting here, but environmental safety has always been the chosen concern. Well, trucks and trains (some owned by Warren Buffet) have more accidents and spillage than does any pipeline. The pipeline is safer and always has been. Maybe this is about unionized trucking jobs...or unionized rail jobs...then the debate has been about the wrong subject. While the environmental alarmists are filling our TVs the real push has been for good old money and getting it into what the left considers the right hands.
Actually it has always been about profit. The owners of the oil wanted to find a cheaper way to get the oil to market. Now that they have found cheaper and faster ways to get the oil to market there is no need to cut into profits by building the pipeline.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:17 AM   #77
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Ah, but the State Department does not think they are "cheaper" or "safer". The pipeline is both and the other is putting money in the pockets of people like Warren Buffet.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:47 AM   #78
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

The article posted at #2 says all that needs to be said about the *imaginary* safety of transporting crude by rail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Well, you've hijacked another thread, IBIdiot, with your rude, insulting, foul mouthed, narcissistic ejaculations.

why does every thread turn into "You and You against the world?" Ever thought that maybe the reason nobody (with the possible exception of Slobbrin) EVER comes to your rescue is because people, regardless of political leaning, genuinely dislike you?

This is no longer snappy repartee. You've hijacked the entire forum. No subject gets past the second or third page before you turn it into a pigsty.

Thanks a lot, ASSHOLE!

Sick creepy bastard.
Actually, you lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM, those reasons you enumerated are why you received the most votes in those polls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

You want some cheese with that whine?
Take another breath of that pure Dixie air with that wheeze, you pathetic Yankee cretin living in exile in Dixie!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #79
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
The owners of the oil wanted to find a cheaper way to get the oil to market.
Are you talking about rail or trucking or both?

http://www.manhattan-institute.org/h...m#.U3s2W4go6po
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:19 AM   #80
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Ah, but the State Department does not think they are "cheaper" or "safer". The pipeline is both and the other is putting money in the pockets of people like Warren Buffet.
The oil that Keystone was designed to carry was not "new" oil, it was oil that was already being sent by rail and truck but that was taking too long and did not have the capacity they wanted. So they wanted to build a pipeline to get it to refineries faster. People were claiming it would help the US energy needs. This was not true as it was already sold to the Asian market, they just needed to get it there faster. But due to all the delay the people who owned the oil found other pipelines and methods that would get it to the market faster or as fast without going to the expense of building the Keystone pipeline. So it was not needed any longer or as the article says, obsolete.

Here is something to chew on. Everyone who said we should build it said it would help US energy needs. So if the pipeline is no longer needed because they found faster ways or more capacity to get the oil to the refineries why isn't it helping US energy needs right now?
Old 05-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #81
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Are you talking about rail or trucking or both?

http://www.manhattan-institute.org/h...m#.U3s2W4go6po
Trucking and railways pollute more than pipelines, too.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #82
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Actually it has always been about profit. The owners of the oil wanted to find a cheaper way to get the oil to market. Now that they have found cheaper and faster ways to get the oil to market there is no need to cut into profits by building the pipeline.
I don't know where you are getting your numbers, but there are no cheaper ways to move gas and liquids than a pipeline. That's why we have two million miles of pipeline in the US.

You might not want to rely on BusinessInsider.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:17 AM   #83
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Take another breath of that pure Dixie air with that wheeze, you pathetic Yankee cretin living in exile in Dixie!
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #84
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:

Go drink some Wild Irish Rose and get a little more inspiration - that retort is old and lame.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #85
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
The oil that Keystone was designed to carry was not "new" oil, it was oil that was already being sent by rail and truck but that was taking too long and did not have the capacity they wanted. So they wanted to build a pipeline to get it to refineries faster. People were claiming it would help the US energy needs. This was not true as it was already sold to the Asian market, they just needed to get it there faster. But due to all the delay the people who owned the oil found other pipelines and methods that would get it to the market faster or as fast without going to the expense of building the Keystone pipeline. So it was not needed any longer or as the article says, obsolete.

Here is something to chew on. Everyone who said we should build it said it would help US energy needs. So if the pipeline is no longer needed because they found faster ways or more capacity to get the oil to the refineries why isn't it helping US energy needs right now?
You wisely try to change the subject from "safer and cheaper" (which was changed from environmentally safe) to "faster". The environmental argue is over. The concensus is that a pipeline is the safest way to transport oil. After initial costs the pipeline is also the cheapest way to transport oil. Can't argue with trucks and trains being the fastest (because the roads, trucks, and trains already exist) but this was not about being the fastest at any point in the argument.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #86
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
I don't know where you are getting your numbers, but there are no cheaper ways to move gas and liquids than a pipeline. That's why we have two million miles of pipeline in the US.

You might not want to rely on BusinessInsider.
I am not saying that rail and trucks are cheaper. Go read the article. They started using other pipelines making Keystone not needed
Old 05-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #87
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

So you're saying that if a more effective way exists to do something that a factory owner should stick with the old tried and true?
Old 05-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #88
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

I have missed your dumb ass questions JD.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #89
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:

It must be all of that pure Dixie air you're breathing while living in exile in Dixie that is making your corrupt self wheeze so, you pathetic Yankee asshole.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:57 PM   #90
LexusLover
Valued Poster

The pipeline will get built. It will just cost more when it's finally completed.
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women