Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70552
biomed161618
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48064
pyramider46370
bambino40816
CryptKicker37138
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #61
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You really have no understanding of economics, do you, TTH?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #62
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

What a dipshit! Which of the 24 types of Librarians are you, Unaliar?

You continue to worship your golden sheep!

But you can't get to it because you've painted yourself into a corner.

No wonder you won't answer the question... Unaliar!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #63
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
You really have no understanding of economics, do you, TTH?
I think I do. I own two small businesses, both of which seem to be doing pretty well; have a degree, with honors, in economics from one of the better economics programs in the south; and am putting two kids through graduate professional programs at Ivy League universities. Sounds like I've either been damned lucky or have some grasp of the subject.

But aside from that, what is your specific criticism of the post on the ability of families of modest and even upper middle class means to afford private schools even with vouchers?
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #64
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

If an increase in Demand was caused by vouchers, there would be an upward movement along the Supply curve, reflecting an immediate increase in price, and a shortage of private schools. Entrepreneurs noticing a shortage in private schools will increase the Supply of private schools resulting in a downward motion in price. The resulting equilibrium will likely be a greater number of private schools, at a lower overall cost per student. Since once price equilibrium is reached, schools will compete by quality, resulting in lower quality private schools going out of business, and the higher quality private schools increasing with students, resulting in a lower cost per student, but higher quality.

Certainly there will be rich folks who will keep the cost of "their" schools arbitrarily high to keep out the average person, but overall we will have better education for the same or lower cost.

You assume with a great influx of money into the education system, the choices will remain static. They won't. It will be a great boon for education.

I have no idea how you have several successful businesses as stupid as you are when it comes to economics. If I were you, I'd try to get my money back from whatever college gave you the Econ degree. University of Phoenix?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #65
Yssup Rider
BANNED

There will be no influx of money into the educational system, just a shift.

Not enough, IMHO, to create sufficient infrastructure to accommodate the influx of students all running away from public school systems.

Pay teachers less because there is more competition? Buy fewer computers? Science laboratory equipment? this will IMPROVE the quality of education in the US?

You're in a corner again Whiny ... On Fantasy Island!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #66
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Private schools may mitigate this problem.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #67
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Another practice routinely avoided or discouraged in government schools.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #68
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
If an increase in Demand was caused by vouchers, there would be an upward movement along the Supply curve, reflecting an immediate increase in price, and a shortage of private schools. Entrepreneurs noticing a shortage in private schools will increase the Supply of private schools resulting in a downward motion in price. The resulting equilibrium will likely be a greater number of private schools, at a lower overall cost per student. Since once price equilibrium is reached, schools will compete by quality, resulting in lower quality private schools going out of business, and the higher quality private schools increasing with students, resulting in a lower cost per student, but higher quality.

Certainly there will be rich folks who will keep the cost of "their" schools arbitrarily high to keep out the average person, but overall we will have better education for the same or lower cost.

You assume with a great influx of money into the education system, the choices will remain static. They won't. It will be a great boon for education.

I have no idea how you have several successful businesses as stupid as you are when it comes to economics. If I were you, I'd try to get my money back from whatever college gave you the Econ degree. University of Phoenix?
Grated on every point about prices initially rising and drawing more intrants into a field. But the private business can no more run a top quality school on the amounts of the vouchers than can government. There is no inherent efficiency or advantage to one form over another. It still is going to take $60 - 75k to hire an entry level teacher who graduated in the top 20 percentile of her class if she went to a good college. They can't do that on a shoestring. Period.

There's a reason I'm shelling out $130,000 a year for grad school for two kids. Good schools cost lots of money. Same will apply in any other context. Neither Harvard nor Yale educate kids any cheaper than UT.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #69
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Why do parochial schools stay in business? Strictly from student tuitions? they've got their own "taxing districts" built in.

This will never provide opportunity for all Americans and will keep The quality of American education down.

But at least some of your kids won't have to be exposed to, well, you know...

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women