Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41458
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 06-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #61
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
i concluded your post doesn't line up with any thing i said
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
i find no applicable metaphor in comments you have addressed to me.
I'm sensing a trend here.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #62
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
I'm sensing a trend here.
Funny, me too! I smell your fear.........HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #63
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default Same question. Same answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You mean like Defense contractors and those that profit from that industry?
Last month, just for you, I posted that IBM enjoys receiving about $1.3 billion per annum from U.S. government contracts. I finally found that $401 million of this business was garnered from DOD contracts. Go Big Blue! Just a little FYI to let you, WTF, know where your hard earned tax dollars are going.

I found some other interesting tidbits. For instance, did you know Harris County, TX, received about $64 billion in DOD contracts over the last ten years? Fort Bend scored $600 million and Montgomery almost $200 million. It would be interesting to know just how many defense dollars are going directly or indirectly into your company’s coffers. There are over 1,600 defense contractors in the Houston area. Their employees are no doubt paying local taxes to support your community schools, roadways and sewers. You and your buddies are probably depending on those DOD contracts. For instance, do you or one of your buddies do any business with: Raytheon, Coastal Refining & Marketing, Aggreko Lmtd, Air Liquide, 3D Intl, Rice University, Shaw Environmental, Exxon-Mobil Corp., Shell Marine, University of Texas, Continental Airlines, Thermocontrol Inc, Weston Solutions, Aurora Power, Laughlin-Thyssen, Inc., URS Group, Total Gas and Power, BMC Software, etc.? There are hundreds more in the Houston area, and I might have missed those you are more familiar with. Houston is big time sucking at the public teat, and you still want to squeal about everybody else.

And I know you like those copper futures. Did you know that the U.S. is the world’s largest consumer of copper? DOD is probably one of the reasons why the U.S. consumes so much. There’s beaucoup expensive metal in those $1 million dollar Cruise Missiles we’re sending Khadaffy Duck’s way. The U.S. is also covering for France. France ran out of cruise missiles, so the U.S. "loaning" them a few. So if you managed to make a few cents off your copper stocks, you might see your way to blaming the DOD. We're you squealing when you cashed the checks?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #64
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Not sure where you are going with this one, you are usually such a simpleton. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Last month, just for you, I posted that IBM enjoys receiving about $1.3 billion per annum from U.S. government contracts. I finally found that $401 million of this business was garnered from DOD contracts. Go Big Blue! Just a little FYI to let you, WTF, know where your hard earned tax dollars are going.

I found some other interesting tidbits. For instance, did you know Harris County, TX, received about $64 billion in DOD contracts over the last ten years? Fort Bend scored $600 million and Montgomery almost $200 million. It would be interesting to know just how many defense dollars are going directly or indirectly into your company’s coffers. There are over 1,600 defense contractors in the Houston area. Their employees are no doubt paying local taxes to support your community schools, roadways and sewers. You and your buddies are probably depending on those DOD contracts. For instance, do you or one of your buddies do any business with: Raytheon, Coastal Refining & Marketing, Aggreko Lmtd, Air Liquide, 3D Intl, Rice University, Shaw Environmental, Exxon-Mobil Corp., Shell Marine, University of Texas, Continental Airlines, Thermocontrol Inc, Weston Solutions, Aurora Power, Laughlin-Thyssen, Inc., URS Group, Total Gas and Power, BMC Software, etc.? There are hundreds more in the Houston area, and I might have missed those you are more familiar with. Houston is big time sucking at the public teat, and you still want to squeal about everybody else.

And I know you like those copper futures. Did you know that the U.S. is the world’s largest consumer of copper? DOD is probably one of the reasons why the U.S. consumes so much. There’s beaucoup expensive metal in those $1 million dollar Cruise Missiles we’re sending Khadaffy Duck’s way. The U.S. is also covering for France. France ran out of cruise missiles, so the U.S. "loaning" them a few. So if you managed to make a few cents off your copper stocks, you might see your way to blaming the DOD. We're you squealing when you cashed the checks?
Do you think I own IBM stock?

I would gladly give up any money that I make off Defense contracts. They are making huge cuts to NASA and our Repubs reps are crying like babies. Thalk about ignorant, on one hand they want the govt to cut spending, yet when it does.....

But the bigger picture is.........................are you for government stimulis spending or not? Sounds like you are as long as they spend it on things you approve of.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #65
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Do you think I own IBM stock?

I would gladly give up any money that I make off Defense contracts. They are making huge cuts to NASA and our Repubs reps are crying like babies. Thalk about ignorant, on one hand they want the govt to cut spending, yet when it does.....

But the bigger picture is.........................are you for government stimulis spending or not? Sounds like you are as long as they spend it on things you approve of.
My position hasn't change. I've been consistently saying the same thing since I joined D&T several months ago, and you keep squealing about the defense budget and defense contractors even as you personally benefit from the money spent.

Maybe you don't own any IBM stock. But government contracts helped bring down the costs for any IBM products you or your place of employment might own. I have already discussed how you are benefiting from the copper market. Perhaps there are other, similar arrangements you have worked out to personally profit off of the DOD budget. You know your college tuition costs didn't actually cover the full costs of your education. Maybe, DOD subsidized your college with research funding when you were a student? Are you going to give back all of the money you earned with your degree? Likewise, those highways you use to get to work everyday were in part subsidized by taxes collected from those evil defense contractors. Hell, the whole Interstate system, as originally envisioned by Eisenhower, was fundamentally a DOD project. Imagine Houston w/o Interstate highways.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #66
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
My position hasn't change. I've been consistently saying the same thing since I joined D&T several months ago, and you keep squealing about the defense budget and defense contractors even as you personally benefit from the money spent.

Maybe you don't own any IBM stock. But government contracts helped bring down the costs for any IBM products you or your place of employment might own. I have already discussed how you are benefiting from the copper market. Perhaps there are other, similar arrangements you have worked out to personally profit off of the DOD budget. You know your college tuition costs didn't actually cover the full costs of your education. Maybe, DOD subsidized your college with research funding when you were a student? Are you going to give back all of the money you earned with your degree? Likewise, those highways you use to get to work everyday were in part subsidized by taxes collected from those evil defense contractors. Hell, the whole Interstate system, as originally envisioned by Eisenhower, was fundamentally a DOD project. Imagine Houston w/o Interstate highways.
are you saying that all defense spending is good and all other spending is bad?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #67
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
I suspect he means that the man on the phone was acting as if he had a devive right to be taken care of over and above everyone else; that he in essence saw himself as godlike, better than the others also in line and delayed.
Gotcha...thanks, these situations can get you into making poor decisions as in the past when standing in any line waiting, I try to leave a verticle person width between me and the person in front. But that space opens up a pathway that others just meandering about lost will use as a pathway to get through whereever they seem to be going next.This pathway they seize will always have them bumping into me and thae person in front. Now Ive gone from just being molested from the rear to being "bobbed" around by both ends now like being in a pinball machine.So , that lil bit of space has to be calculated properly..its a whole ordeal.. or is it just me that thinks it wouldnt be asking too much to be able to go anywhere with out feeling like im in a fn mosh pit?is this just going to be the norm from here on out?
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #68
Can I Play Too???
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 52025

Quote:
Next time you go to Walmart for the cheap prices, be sure to thank a poor person.

Then come here and spit on them for being poor.
He means for us to thank the Chinese, since the cheap crap that they make is now the majority of the products that Wal-Mart has to offer. Nothing like good ol' slave labor wages to enable lazy, dumb Americans to buy more junk. Yes, I literally mean that because the number one Chinese export is.......(drumroll please).... JUNK! No, I do not shop at wal-mart because I buy locally. Slave labor in China is also responsible for manufacturing Apple products, too.
Can I Play Too??? is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #69
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBALLS View Post
Travelor, you are correct with this statement...but have to admit , he does spark alot of great posts from some really intelligent folks.His motivations are transparent .In a debate you may have a real convincing arguement and be correct all day long but the wrong tone in expressing those ideals will have you loosing your audience. Ask me how I know!!LOL!!That would be his technique.I do enjoy reading his posts , especially when Im in the process of getting a "tune up"..sit back and enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can I Play Too??? View Post
ITA with the instigator part but it's our differences that make life interesting, especially since they ran off most of the regulars who have posted in this forum and before when it was the old aspd. I dig your willingness to listen, JonB, and that you actually talk from real life experience, instead of out of your ass like a certain poster.
I personally don't have a problem with someone whom I disagree with. I've actually found a few things that I agree with from TTH or CT to which I state publically. They engage the conversation instead of antagonize or instigate which I respect, albeit disgree with. When people begin to antagonize/instigate, they become more than a nuscance. Since I called out doove on his preposterous statement he hasn't responded, ergo, he is only antagonizing.
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #70
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito isis View Post
Jonballs, each state has it's own definition of poverty by establishing a poverty level. Here in pennsylvania, I believe it is anyone earning under 7k(?) a year.
awsome.... a WOMAN POSTER!!eeerrrrrrr..... we think???? LOL!!! JUSTKIDDN ISIS!!...
Old 06-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #71
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Quote:
Next time you go to Walmart for the cheap prices, be sure to thank a poor person.

Then come here and spit on them for being poor.
Can you be a "globalist" and at the same time vilify Walmart? someone smarter than me? please? DOOVE, Im not saying you are a globalist, dont know if you are, thats just the question that entered my brain... I said I would send you my jumble thoughts during an exchange ...etc.. and by the way, when i hit "spell check" DOOVE always becomes hi lited!! HMMmm..
Old 06-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #72
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can I Play Too??? View Post
He means for us to thank the Chinese,
Not entirely, though i don't disagree with your sentiments. I was suggesting we thank the clerk who's willing to work for $9/hr, which also goes towards our getting stuff cheap...as we go on ECCIE to bitch about the existence of poor people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post
Since I called out doove on his preposterous statement he hasn't responded, ergo, he is only antagonizing.
You "called me out" how? By proposing a silly bet? Please. Why would i take your bet? If i lose, i leave the board....and if i win, it would only prove your willingness to use more than one screen name, so you'd just take a third screen name and continue posting. Heads you win, tails i lose. Besides, what makes you think i want you and Marshall to leave? Just for shits and giggles though, exactly how would you propose proving that you're not Marshall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBALLS View Post
Can you be a "globalist" and at the same time vilify Walmart?
I'm not using Walmart as an example for the purpose of vilifying them. I'm only using them as an example to show that poor people are very much a sector of society that capitalism relies on - in spite of the people in here who want to insist that poor people somehow only exist in spite of capitalism.

Quote:
and by the way, when i hit "spell check" DOOVE always becomes hi lited!! HMMmm..
That's because i exist only in your mind.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #73
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
I have sympathy for those who are "truly" handicapped or disabled (mentally and/or physically)... and for the people who have the tough responsibility of supporting them... but too often, the definition of "poor" in the USA is :
- lack of family support , values , role models
- lack of goals
- lack of focus
- lack of drive and ambition

I can understand generations of individuals "set-up" by being raised within a broken system of social (so-called) assistance... but very seldom do I buy the "lack of opportunity" excuse! * A majority of the time, that is simply not the case!
I wonder where you got your role data from? You declair what makes up the "majority" based upon what data/evidence?

Let me ask you:

A child grows up a simgle parent family with the (ususally) mother woring a job and a half to two jobs at min wage to feed them and live someplace safe.

The school system "graduates" people from HS who read at the third grade level and can't do long division, fractions, or word problems (i.e. can't apply math to real world).

The only financially successful role model in their neighborhood is the drug dealer, and they experiment with some weed and get caught.

They are now 18, have only seen dysfuctional examples of what a family is like, and illiterate, but those in authority (and it's in both political parties) said they have all the skills they need because they got a piece of paper saying so. They have a criminal record for smoking pot and the uber-righteous think that should be a permanent qualifyer from many good jobs.

So tell me, do they really have opportunity?
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #74
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Quote:
ECCIE to bitch about the existence of poor people.

I'm not using Walmart as an example for the purpose of vilifying them. I'm only using them as an example to show that poor people are very much a sector of society that capitalism relies on - in spite of the people in here who want to insist that poor people somehow only exist in spite of capitalism.

That's because i exist only in your mind.
I see, not sold on that only poor people work for Walmart type jobs in general. I have worked in grocery stores on and off for 15 yrs through the 80's / 90's...all types of people there. Some just really enjoy the people and like flexible hours and use it as a suppliment to the family or as a second job.For them, those jobs are perfect ,and for students like I was it was perfect and they do offer some scholarship help, i didnt really have the grades to qualify.Also , the full timers while having to work their ass off are better off than me for having stability and have contributed to retirement plans religiously for many years and do comeout ahead.Its all about how you take advantage fully of ALL the opportunities.There is more to those jobs and promotion ability that I dont believe holds anyone back,In fact alot of larger stores have ongoing training, they want people to improve , its really up to the individual.Theres also social benefits that dont necessarily translate to self employment..it was a whole lot easier to get laid in a store full of women running around, believe me, you got to know them day after day and things just magically flowed back then.. as far as only existing in my mind..true i may never meet you face to face but your def one of a kind and will have a lasting impression
Old 06-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #75
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
They are making huge cuts to NASA and our Repubs reps are crying like babies. Thalk about ignorant, on one hand they want the govt to cut spending, yet when it does.....

I actually agree with WTF on this one. All politicians want to cut all apending in the other guy's district.

Ever notice the day we saw Bush leave the WH and Obama enter it the people who were for staying in Iraq & Afgan are now wanting out, and hose who wanted out are now for staying a bit longer?

It's enough to make one doubt the veracity of a politician or two from each party.
Old-T is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women