Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70747
biomed162856
Yssup Rider60528
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36405
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #61
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thathottnurse View Post
I judge people individually. Especially when providing care. You should try it some time.
I only wish, as a white man, that I could be judged individually, instead of as a non protected class.
However, I only wish to judge the incoming immigrants individually, anyway.
The ones that give more than they take can stay and be productive. The others can go contribute to the wreck of a home country they want to leave.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #62
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

And they make those decisions individually. If you wanna get upaet about something take it up with lobbyists and special interest GROUPS. And what do those typically consist of? Lawyers. If you wanna blame any one particular group of people for the downfall of American society, blame them.
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #63
frenchybruno18
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

JL, for your own sake, please stop watching fox news and stop blaming immigrants for the country's misfortunes. It's a classic, few decades ago it was the jews who were to blame for all the ills of the world, now it's the immigrants. Most of them come here for the same reasons your ancestors came here, to provide a better future for their kids. I bet if you would cut grass or pick up fruits at 120 °F all day long, you would beg Mexico to send more immigrants. And one more thing stop bashing Harvard, that is typical from the people who were not smart enough to get accepted there.
frenchybruno18 is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #64
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
However, I only wish to judge the incoming immigrants individually, anyway.

The ones that give more than they take can stay and be productive. The others can go contribute to the wreck of a home country they want to leave.
That is about as idiotic an argument as can be made. It is petty, narrow, ignorant and lacking any vision at all. Let me ask you this, when do you judge your children to be a success? at 12, 18, 21, 30, 45? What criteria do you use? Does that and should that apply to everyone's children?

What would have happened if we had judged the parents of thousands of highly successful 2nd generation immigrants by your standard and kept them out? We would have lost incredible contributions to our society that would make us all poorer and the world as well.

Yes, you can and should have some standards, but no one call really tell what someone will do in the future when they come to America and have opportunities to contribute and follow their ambition and dreams much less what their children or grandchildren may do. That is part of the beauty and wonder of what America is.
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:18 PM   #65
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
And they make those decisions individually. If you wanna get upaet about something take it up with lobbyists and special interest GROUPS. And what do those typically consist of? Lawyers. If you wanna blame any one particular group of people for the downfall of American society, blame them.
About half our our Founding Fathers were lawyers.Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 25 were lawyers. Of the 55 framers of the Constitution, 32 were lawyers.

We are a nation of laws that benefits from the rule of law. You can blame lawyers for America too
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #66
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

Well what are they doing now??? Same as the immigrant argument that JL is making. Just saying.
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #67
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBeaverbrook View Post
That is about as idiotic an argument as can be made. It is petty, narrow, ignorant and lacking any vision at all. Let me ask you this, when do you judge your children to be a success? at 12, 18, 21, 30, 45? What criteria do you use? Does that and should that apply to everyone's children?

What would have happened if we had judged the parents of thousands of highly successful 2nd generation immigrants by your standard and kept them out? We would have lost incredible contributions to our society that would make us all poorer and the world as well.

Yes, you can and should have some standards, but no one call really tell what someone will do in the future when they come to America and have opportunities to contribute and follow their ambition and dreams much less what their children or grandchildren may do. That is part of the beauty and wonder of what America is.
You don't really have an objective measure to prove immigrants, over any time frame over the last fifty years were a net benefit to the USA. For one thing, the country has gone downhill in the last fifty years. I don't blame that on immigrants but I don't use your dreamy eyed mythology, either.
Even if America were still a great nation, which it clearly is not anymore, and immigrants built it as you say, why not have high standards on who gets to come, anyway?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #68
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchybruno18 View Post
JL, for your own sake, please stop watching fox news and stop blaming immigrants for the country's misfortunes. It's a classic, few decades ago it was the jews who were to blame for all the ills of the world, now it's the immigrants. Most of them come here for the same reasons your ancestors came here, to provide a better future for their kids. I bet if you would cut grass or pick up fruits at 120 °F all day long, you would beg Mexico to send more immigrants. And one more thing stop bashing Harvard, that is typical from the people who were not smart enough to get accepted there.
When did I bash Harvard, you fucking idiot? Harvard makes my point that selectivity ensures success.
If native born Americans had to pick fruit and mow the grass, they could do it - who the fuck do you think did it before Mexicans came here? Hell, asshole, I mowed the grass when I was a kid!!! I thought it was fun. I admire the Mexicans who work, and don't like the ones who don't work and get welfare. SAME FOR WHITE PEOPLE!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 11:58 PM   #69
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBeaverbrook View Post
About half our our Founding Fathers were lawyers.Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 25 were lawyers. Of the 55 framers of the Constitution, 32 were lawyers.

We are a nation of laws that benefits from the rule of law. You can blame lawyers for America too

We have ceased to be a nation of laws. When a single man can change any law at will then we have become what the founders warned against.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #70
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Wow - just when I thought it was a good idea to treat individuals as individuals, then you go with a group stereotype. I guess it is a woman's right to change her mind.....
Old 02-25-2014, 06:38 AM   #71
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

It's well known that 98% of lawyers make the other 2% look bad.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #72
frenchybruno18
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

You see JL, when you are getting challenged, you start calling people names. But it is ok, maturity doesn't come overnight, and in your case I suspect it will take some time. But back to the issue, I was under the impression that it was not a compliment when you called Harvard a liberal bastion, that is straight from Limbaugh's playbook, but hey if you believe liberals are smarter, who am I to disagree with you. I hate to break it to you but selectivity doesn't ensure success, opportunity does. And that is the reason why millions of people from all over the world want to come to the US of A, just like your parents or grand parents before them so they could provide better opportunities for they own children. You believe that everybody can do the jobs immigrants are doing now, well here is the link of an article that should illuminate you. http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...law-backfires/
As you can see, it is a Forbes article, I could have gone msnbc all the way but I decided to go easy on you, no need to thank me, really. One more thing, only someone who is truly fucked up would think that mowing grass all day long above 100 degrees is FUN. You do that when you need to provide for your family. I guess my definition of fun is different from yours but I have an offer for you, why don't you come over and mow my lawn, you will have fun and I will save a few bucks, you see it is a win win situation.
frenchybruno18 is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #73
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
You see JL, when you are getting challenged, you start calling people names. But it is ok, maturity doesn't come overnight, and in your case I suspect it will take some time. But back to the issue, I was under the impression that it was not a compliment when you called Harvard a liberal bastion, that is straight from Limbaugh's playbook, but hey if you believe liberals are smarter, who am I to disagree with you. I hate to break it to you but selectivity doesn't ensure success, opportunity does. And that is the reason why millions of people from all over the world want to come to the US of A, just like your parents or grand parents before them so they could provide better opportunities for they own children. You believe that everybody can do the jobs immigrants are doing now, well here is the link of an article that should illuminate you. http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...law-backfires/
As you can see, it is a Forbes article, I could have gone msnbc all the way but I decided to go easy on you, no need to thank me, really. One more thing, only someone who is truly fucked up would think that mowing grass all day long above 100 degrees is FUN. You do that when you need to provide for your family. I guess my definition of fun is different from yours but I have an offer for you, why don't you come over and mow my lawn, you will have fun and I will save a few bucks, you see it is a win win situation.
In this case, calling Harvard a liberal bastion wasn't meant to discredit it but instead to create an unimpeachable reference in the opinion of most liberals, and I listen to Mark Levin, not Limbaugh.
Opportunity alone doesn't ensure success, hard work and ability plus luck needs to go with it.
I fully understand why millions of people come to the USA. I don't understand why we let them fuck us for free.
300 per hour, including travel time and expenses to mow these days, amigo.

p.s. Fuck Forbes and its apologia for rampant exploitative capitalism. One year is not a good sample size for labor force trends which have taken years to develop. Obviously, the fucking farmers who got cheap labor are banging the drum for cheap labor, but fuck them - they need to pay the market wage for authorized American workers, and so what if we pay more for our food - most American are too fucking fat, anyway. Americans would do the job if no one else is around. You liberals don't trust oil company scientist's opinions on global warming, so why take farm industry "economists" opinion on availability of labor?
Old 02-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #74
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Immigrant statistics from 2010:

Poverty
  • In 2010, 23 percent of immigrants and their U.S.-born children (under 18) lived in poverty, compared to 13.5 percent of natives and their children. Immigrants and their children accounted for one-fourth of all persons in poverty.
  • The children of immigrants account for one-third of all children in poverty.
  • Among the top sending countries, poverty is highest for immigrants and their young children from Mexico (35 percent), Honduras (34 percent), and Guatemala (31 percent); and lowest for those from Germany (7 percent), India (6 percent), and the Philippines (6 percent).
Welfare Use
  • In 2010, 36 percent of immigrant-headed households used at least one major welfare program (primarily food assistance and Medicaid) compared to 23 percent of native households.
  • Among the top sending countries, welfare use is highest for households headed by immigrants from Mexico (57 percent), Guatemala (55 percent), and the Dominican Republic (54 percent); and lowest for those from Canada (13 percent), Germany (10 percent), and the United Kingdom (6 percent).
Is this how a middle of the road country like the USA becomes great again?
Old 02-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #75
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:

Somebody has a new handle... Who could it be?
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women