Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70690
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60229
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48396
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35685
Mojojo33117

Old 11-17-2023, 06:30 AM   #61
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
Yeah it is because most often they over step the boundaries of the Federal Constitution.
That is to be determined by a court of law, not by you.
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 07:53 AM   #62
ICU 812
BANNED

Encounters: 15

^^^^

And those cases are working their way up to SCOTUS with all the deliberate speed of our federal legal system.

The "Pistol Brae Ban" has been stayed pending appeal to a higher court for instance. However one may feel about that issue, it is in the system and will eventually come before the high court for a decision.

My understanding is that the issue to be decided is not the legality of owning a fore rm brace for a pistol, but rather if the BATFE can even regulate them without a further adjustment in statute law by Congress.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 09:25 AM   #63
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
That is to be determined by a court of law, not by you.
Of course it's not determined by me. You absolutely have no clue. The second amendment is probably the single most reason why this country hasn't been invaded by a foreign country with hostile intentions. It sure isn't our Government, the courts or the Military that is the deterrent. The Constitution is for Government to abide by. They want to alter it for their own benefit.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 10:04 AM   #64
ICU 812
BANNED

I remember that then President Obama, who some say was a law school Professor of Constitutional law, complained that The Constitution pretty much laid out what the government could not do, rather than setting out what government could do. . . .most noticeably in the Bill of Rights.

This shows that he completely misunderstood the function and purpose of the Constitution and the intendt of the founding fathers.
Old 11-17-2023, 11:05 AM   #65
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyd View Post
I'm not 100% sure on the fighter aircraft, I think you might be able to own one that is armed, but not be able to fly it. I do know for a fact that you can have fully-functional tanks, cannons and all. It's a ridiculous amount of paperwork and money, but it's only counted as a destructive device and you need to have a tax stamp. Getting proper ammo for it is likely going to be a custom job, and if it's explosive that's another tax stamp PER ROUND.
Tanks, Fighter Jets, ect. That's immaterial. It's about personal self defense. A weapon you can carry on your person or a weapon that is easily accessible in the event you are confronted with a deadly force encounter. That is the fundamental concept of the Second Amendment and it is extended to an Enemy Foreign or Domestic. Our Government can become a Domestic Enemy. The Constitution is quite clear on this and to interpreting it any other way ultimately gives the Government the upper hand and that can be detrimental.
Old 11-17-2023, 04:32 PM   #66
ICU 812
BANNED

^^^

Youve got that right.

The Second Amendment says nothing about hunting as a justification.. Even the anti-gun progressives claim that there is a military related reason for the right to posses and carry arms. They just get it wrong in claiming it is the Government that has that right instead of we-the-people.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:24 PM   #67
readyd
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4

Just a funny little government double-think I like to bring up occasionally. The 1938 Supreme Court case that certified that short-barreled shotguns are not protected by the Second Amendment used the reasoning that "Only weapons useful to a militia are protected". Some are now also using the reasoning that weapons useful for military service are not protected by the Second Amendment. So.... which is it? Please government, don't say both are correct.
readyd is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 06:52 AM   #68
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Of course it's not determined by me. You absolutely have no clue. The second amendment is probably the single most reason why this country hasn't been invaded by a foreign country with hostile intentions. It sure isn't our Government, the courts or the Military that is the deterrent. The Constitution is for Government to abide by. They want to alter it for their own benefit.
What I do know, and you obviously do not, is that the Second Amendment is NOT absolute and he courts have determined that states have the right, within limits, to restrict ownership of certain weapons.

The fact that the U.S. has the strongest military in the world has more to do with no invasion by a foreign country than the Second Amendment.
Old 11-18-2023, 07:16 AM   #69
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
What I do know, and you obviously do not, is that the Second Amendment is NOT absolute and he courts have determined that states have the right, within limits, to restrict ownership of certain weapons.

The fact that the U.S. has the strongest military in the world has more to do with no invasion by a foreign country than the Second Amendment.
Ok, you go ahead and believe that. If they can restrict one type of weapon they'll restrict all. If the 2nd Amendment isn't absolute then what's the point in having it and why hasn't it been abolished completely?
Old 11-18-2023, 07:39 AM   #70
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Ok, you go ahead and believe that. If they can restrict one type of weapon they'll restrict all. If the 2nd Amendment isn't absolute then what's the point in having it and why hasn't it been abolished completely?
I fully support the right of individuals to own guns for self protection. In 1994 the U.S. passed gun legislation (expired in 2004) that banned certain semi-automatic weapons. I do not remember members of Congress pushing for further legislation to bann ALL guns. tCertain guns are banned in several states but those states have not tried to ban ALL guns. There are very few in this country who support banning all guns.

The Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to own guns but the court system has allowed states to restrict those rights in most cases. When citizens of those states feel the restrictions are unfair, they have the right to oppose those restrictions in court. Some wins, some losses.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:33 AM   #71
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyd View Post
Just a funny little government double-think I like to bring up occasionally. The 1938 Supreme Court case that certified that short-barreled shotguns are not protected by the Second Amendment used the reasoning that "Only weapons useful to a militia are protected". Some are now also using the reasoning that weapons useful for military service are not protected by the Second Amendment. So.... which is it? Please government, don't say both are correct.
those courts ignored the last part of the 2nd amendment (the infringement part) and was following the state militia theory

its a weird thinking on their part as short barrelled shotguns have been used in war.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women