Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41515
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35881
Mojojo33117

Old 06-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #61
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Why care? Palin doesn't care about reporting in that all she really cares about is publicity...which the media gives her plenty of..and as they say, no publicity is bad publicity.
You must be Rep Weiner's adviser. Seems too that the Demomedia wants to give her all the kind of publicity they want. Didn't one liberal journalist deem last Feb "No Sara Palin month."
Quote:
Interesting you refer to a news "network" as an ally.
She was hired by Fox at one time. Its common knowledge that some networks and anchors give preference to certain politicians and vice versa.
Quote:
They did? I don't remember hearing anything about it, one way or the other. It was a gaffe, and gaffes don't usually get much air-play.
You don't remember the 57 state remark? But you remember it? Do you remember "potatoe"?
Quote:
And Al Gore never said he invented the internet. Nor did any of his "allies" (your term, not mine).
Did he say "The earth has a fever?" I've often wonder about that. He's had an incredible number of media allies pushing that issue with very little proof.
Quote:
"She could see Russia from her backyard" all started with FOX News, (Fox & Friends i believe) who were the first to extoll her foreign policy bonafides by pointing out how geographically close Alaska was to Russia. A notion Palin then ran with by herself pointing out how Putin would fly over Alaska on his way to America. So "She could see Russia from her backyard" was simply the bumper sticker version of the idiotic claims that she and her "allies" were making about her.
It started with Tina Fey and SNL.
Quote:
Beyond that, i don't even think the media really makes issue of that. Comedians, yes, the media, not so much. But let's not let that get in the way of the "us against the world" attitude inherent in being a Conservative.
Certainly the news orgs do make an issue of it when it suits their agenda. Just like there's very little publicity on the lack of a Democratic budget (and the debt ceiling) over the last year before the Republicans retook Congress.
I think your "comedians" argument loses a lot of punch when many Americans get their "news" from The Daily Show.
Quote:
By pointing out the fact that Sarah Palin used cross-hairs on a map of targeted congressional districts?
There you go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Had he insisted that there were 57 states after the fact, maybe it would have been a bigger deal. Like Sara is doing with Paul. You defend that idiotic statement? .
I don't really know her statement other than Paul Revere's ride warned both the Colonials and the British. Some historians have different views of history. I never knew that Patton and MacArther had attacked Americans during the Depression, but they did and it doesn't get much publicity.

Its not about "insisting" either. When Dan Quayle misspelled "potatoe" it made every major news outlet of the day.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #62
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default If she told you a turd was a Tooties Roll, you'd be eating shit and liking it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
I don't really know her statement other than Paul Revere's ride warned both the Colonials and the British. Some historians have different views of history. I never knew that Patton and MacArther had attacked Americans during the Depression, but they did and it doesn't get much publicity.

Its not about "insisting" either. When Dan Quayle misspelled "potatoe" it made every major news outlet of the day.

Read wtf historians think happened and then listen to wtf she said.

http://bessel.org/revere.htm

He rang no bells as she said , nor fired no guns. His ride was not intended to warn the British about shit.
You are looking as foolish as her on the matter.

Here is what the silly girl said http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2011/..._british_.html
and here she tried to defend the lie she said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLQTcZwbykw

None of which lines up with the actual history. God Damn , I don't care if she makes shit up and you believe it but please don't try and sell me none of the snake oil crap!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #63
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Didn't one liberal journalist deem last Feb "No Sara Palin month."
By "liberal journalist", i'm assuming you mean "journalist who works for a media outlet that's not FOX".

Quote:
She was hired by Fox at one time. Its common knowledge that some networks and anchors give preference to certain politicians and vice versa.
No, it's common knowledge that FOX gives preference to certain politicians.

Quote:
It started with Tina Fey and SNL.
No, it started with FOX News and Sarah Palin claiming that Alaska's proximity to Russia made her foreign policy qualified. Tina Fey only pointed out the inherent stupidity in that nonsense.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #64
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I never knew that Patton and MacArther had attacked Americans during the Depression, but they did and it doesn't get much publicity.

Yea that is not a proud part of the military history that they like taught.

What do you think our army would do today if ordered upon it's own citizens?

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/snprelief4.htm
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #65
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Yet, it's in most every American history textbook in the nation. Pull out your kid's copy and read. Being able to study this nation's true history is one of the neat attributes of being a citizen of this country.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #66
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default I said they don't like it taught, not that they didn't teach it or that I didn't know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Yet, it's in most every American history textbook in the nation.
As it should be.
Pull out your kid's copy and read. Being able to study this nation's true history is one of the neat attributes of being a citizen of this country.
Evidently gnad does not think so.
What do you think our military would do if asked to fire upon it own citizens present day in a Peaceful protest in which they would not disband?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #67
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
What do you think our military would do if asked to fire upon it own citizens present day in a Peaceful protest in which they would not disband?
As Slick Willie might say, "Define 'Peaceful protest'."
Old 06-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #68
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
"Define 'Peaceful protest'."
Let's ask Sarah Palin. Could get interesting.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #69
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Interesting

Quote:
As Slick Willie might say, "Define 'Peaceful protest'."

So you think our military should fire upon its citizens under certain circumstances?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #70
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
So you think our military should fire upon its citizens under certain circumstances?
Actually, I'm questioning what your definition of 'peaceful protest' might be, but let’s not let the obvious interfere with your hypothetical conjecture.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #71
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Speaking of fuc'n obvious, I thought Peaceful Protest was pretty damn self explanatory

Quote:
Actually, I'm questioning what your definition of 'peaceful protest' might be, but let’s not let the obvious interfere with your hypothetical conjecture.

By 4:45 P.M. the troops were massed on Pennsylvania Ave. below the Capitol. Thousands of Civil Service employees spilled out of work and lined the streets to watch. The veterans, assuming the military display was in their honor, cheered. Suddenly Patton's troopers turned and charged. "Shame, Shame" the spectators cried. Soldiers with fixed bayonets followed, hurling tear gas into the crowd. By nightfall the BEF had retreated across the Anacostia River where Hoover ordered MacArthur to stop. Ignoring the command, the general led his infantry to the main camp. By early morning the 10,000 inhabitants were routed and the camp in flames. Two babies died and nearby hospitals overwhelmed with casualties. Eisenhower later wrote, "the whole scene was pitiful. The veterans were ragged, ill-fed, and felt themselves badly abused. To suddenly see the whole encampment going up in flames just added to the pity."

Are you sure you and Sara Palin were not seperated at birth?

Fire away my military friend, I know you would mow those liberal Americans down if they stepped out of line while protesting aganist our government. People like you love to protect our freedoms!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #72
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
By 4:45 P.M. the troops were massed on Pennsylvania Ave. below the Capitol. Thousands of Civil Service employees spilled out of work and lined the streets to watch. The veterans, assuming the military display was in their honor, cheered. Suddenly Patton's troopers turned and charged. "Shame, Shame" the spectators cried. Soldiers with fixed bayonets followed, hurling tear gas into the crowd. By nightfall the BEF had retreated across the Anacostia River where Hoover ordered MacArthur to stop. Ignoring the command, the general led his infantry to the main camp. By early morning the 10,000 inhabitants were routed and the camp in flames. Two babies died and nearby hospitals overwhelmed with casualties. Eisenhower later wrote, "the whole scene was pitiful. The veterans were ragged, ill-fed, and felt themselves badly abused. To suddenly see the whole encampment going up in flames just added to the pity."

Are you sure you and Sara Palin were not seperated at birth?

Fire away my military friend, I know you would mow those liberal Americans down if they stepped out of line while protesting aganist our government. People like you love to protect our freedoms!
I have thoroughly studied the “Bonus Army” and the “Bonus March.” You have posted nothing new. What is your point?
Old 06-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #73
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Yet, it's in most every American history textbook in the nation. Pull out your kid's copy and read. Being able to study this nation's true history is one of the neat attributes of being a citizen of this country.
IB, I'll have to honestly say that I've never seen the sad "Hooverville" incidents in any US History or Political Science textbooks at a High School or lower level in my 50 years as a resident of Texas. Learned about them at college. My guess is most Americans don't know about them either.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #74
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:

What do you think our army would do today if ordered upon it's own citizens?

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/snprelief4.htm
Perhaps could fire upon them if it was of limited scope (looters, rioters, something associated with a localized disaster). Likely not fire if the scope was larger.

You? I mean other than on a TEA party rally?

I also found it appalling that a number of "Kodak fiends" were summarily executed for simply taking photographs of corpses during the Galveston hurricane of 1900.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #75
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
IB, I'll have to honestly say that I've never seen the sad "Hooverville" incidents in any US History or Political Science textbooks at a High School or lower level in my 50 years as a resident of Texas. Learned about them at college. My guess is most Americans don't know about them either.
Honestly, I cannot remember if we covered the subject when I was in high school, but I did learn about it in college. More recently, I frequently helped my nieces and nephews with their history homework. The story about the “Bonus Army” was in their textbooks – at least it was about four years ago: and Texas controls much of what is in high school textbooks.

The Bonus Army was composed of WWI vets seeking a post war bonus promised by a 1924 Act of Congress. This bonus was scheduled to be paid in 1945, but many of the unemployed veterans, during the Great Depression, decided to demonstrate their need in 1932, during Hoover’s administration. Neither Maj. Patton or Maj. Eisenhower (they are still junior officers in 1932) are mentioned in the high school textbook: only General MacArthur. General MacArthur was in charge and he disobeyed Hoover when he attacked the protestors with infantry and cavalry: horse mounted and tanks. It was perhaps the last nail in the coffin for Hoover’s political career, and the violence wasn’t his fault. FDR was elected that fall. MacArthur should have been cashiered, but he was more or less banished to the Philippines. The rest, as they say, is history.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women