Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41545
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35921
Mojojo33117

Old 12-05-2014, 03:12 AM   #61
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Can't think of a worst. I do a pretty good job of avoiding those.

Best would have to be a Stones show. Probably one of the shows at the Stad de France in Paris, Hyde Park on the last Tour, or their gig two tours ago in Zilker Park.

Honorable mention for the Allman Brothers Band shows at the Beacon Theatre in New York City. I've sern three of them, as I recall.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:28 AM   #62
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post

Best would have to be a Stones show. Probably one of the shows at the Stad de France in Paris, Hyde Park on the last Tour, or their gig two tours ago in Zilker Park.

Honorable mention for the Allman Brothers Band shows at the Beacon Theatre in New York City. I've sern three of them, as I recall.
I'm assuming Duane and Berry were there...
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #63
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccienewbie View Post
Oh, most unexpected concert moment: Michael Jackson's big '84 tour with his brothers swung through Dallas at the same time the Van Halen boys were in town. As I recall, VH was playing multiple nights at Reunion (one of 'em being the show referenced above), and MJ and his brothers were playing multiple nights at Texas Stadium. I don't even recall which of the shows I saw first, but I think it was MJ one night and VH the next...was kind of working my way through a perpetual smoke filled haze back then , so my memory may be a little off. One thing I definitely remember is it was hotter than hell -- summer concerts. Anyway, the VH boys apparently had a night off during all this and, ta-da, they appeared at the Jackson show. Walked through the audience on the concert floor (at least I think that's what happened...it's what I was told happened, but I was in the nosebleeds and wasn't alerted to what was going on until they were on stage...just heard the roar). Long story short, EVH played the solo on Beat It. Very unexpected and completely cool.
allow me to fill in a few details.. your memory is basically spot on, despite your smoke-filled haze.. the Jacksons played Texas Stadium July 13-15, Van Halen played Reunion July 14-16... had to be the greatest music weekend in Dallas County history (unless that Lewisville weekend show in 1969 topped it).. I went to Van Halen's show on the 16th, scoring a good floor seat from Texas Tickets, several days prior.. I debated with myself which show I should see.. Van Halen or the Jacksons.. enough money for just one.. finally decided on Van Halen, because I had seen the Jacksons 3 years earlier (albeit pre-Thriller).. you saw the July 13 Jacksons show, on a Friday.. I don't recall if the rest of Van Halen showed up, but Eddie did hop on stage to play guitar on "Beat it".. AFAIK, that is the singular time he ever played it outside of the studio.. I remember kicking myself (so to speak) that I didn't go to that Jacksons show, but who knew?

BTW, what artist ever plays back-to-back nights in a city anymore? it is very rare.. Prince also played Reunion 3 nights straight, 12-30-84 to 1-1-85.. Michael Jackson played Reunion 4-27-88 to 4-29-88..

IIRC, Springsteen did 2 nights at Texas Stadium in 1985.. the Eagles did the same in 1994..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:20 AM   #64
assman1980
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 16

Best Ones I have seen:

AC/DC
Green Day
Toadies

Worst One:

Got forced to go see Nickelback....God they suck
assman1980 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #65
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
I'm assuming Duane and Berry were there...
Sadly, no. That was before I could go to NYC for concerts. I saw them once, albeit not at the Beacon, with Dicky Betts. Never with Duane.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #66
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by assman1980 View Post
Best Ones I have seen:

AC/DC
Green Day
Toadies

Worst One:

Got forced to go see Nickelback....God they suck
Nickelback is far and away the worst band ever. I had to write them a formal apology bc I accidentally found out someone else wrote their songs (then threatened to sue me of I didn't publicly acknowledge my "misunderstanding". Bullshittiest bunch of fluff crap that ever was.
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #67
JHurt1968
Valued Poster

Encounters: 65

Best: Springsteen in NYC in 2000, the last night of the reunion tour. I somehow ended up about 6 rows from the front on Clarence's side. Magical, emotional night.

The Smithereens in El Paso, TX at some shitty little club in '91 on the Blow Up Tour. They had everyone on their feet during their 90 minute set. Later that night I met most of the band and that's when they told me Pat (lead singer) had the flu. Couldn't tell by the show they put on.

Pear Jam in Philadelphia 10-31-09, the last show ever at the Spectrum and my 41st birthday present from my best friend. Another magical, incredible night.

Worst: These are the only 3 shows I've ever walked out on midway.

The Cars in Phoenix, 1984. They were just terrible. Not into it, sloppy as hell, and barely acknowledged the crowd. Left about 45 in.

Lindsey Buckingham in Mountain View, CA 1992 I think. Pretty sure he was drunk out of his mind because his playing was incredibly sloppy, you couldn't understand a word he said, and insulted the audience. I left about 30 minutes into the show.
JHurt1968 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #68
JHurt1968
Valued Poster

Encounters: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by thathottnurse View Post
Nickelback is far and away the worst band ever.
Totally agree. Nickleback makes me wish I was deaf some days.
JHurt1968 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:05 PM   #69
TXHUNTER66
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
allow me to fill in a few details.. your memory is basically spot on, despite your smoke-filled haze.. the Jacksons played Texas Stadium July 13-15, Van Halen played Reunion July 14-16... had to be the greatest music weekend in Dallas County history (unless that Lewisville weekend show in 1969 topped it).. I went to Van Halen's show on the 16th, scoring a good floor seat from Texas Tickets, several days prior.. I debated with myself which show I should see.. Van Halen or the Jacksons.. enough money for just one.. finally decided on Van Halen, because I had seen the Jacksons 3 years earlier (albeit pre-Thriller).. you saw the July 13 Jacksons show, on a Friday.. I don't recall if the rest of Van Halen showed up, but Eddie did hop on stage to play guitar on "Beat it".. AFAIK, that is the singular time he ever played it outside of the studio.. I remember kicking myself (so to speak) that I didn't go to that Jacksons show, but who knew?

BTW, what artist ever plays back-to-back nights in a city anymore? it is very rare.. Prince also played Reunion 3 nights straight, 12-30-84 to 1-1-85.. Michael Jackson played Reunion 4-27-88 to 4-29-88..

IIRC, Springsteen did 2 nights at Texas Stadium in 1985.. the Eagles did the same in 1994..
ZZ Top played 3 straight dates: Sept 29,30th, and Oct1st in 1983. At Reunion Arena
TXHUNTER66 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #70
marvelousntx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Madonna Blonde Ambition Tour Reunion Arena around 90
Madonna did her thing

Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation Tour Reunion Arena 91ish
WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY

The Jacksons Victory Tour Dodger Stadium 84...Seems like this was the first tour to use lasers.

Lillith Fair Starplex late 90's. Not sure which year it was but the line up was
Sarah McLaughlin, Erykah Badu, Sheryl Crow, and Natalie Merchant
and an up and comer on one of the side stages named Indie Arie.

Ozzfest Starplex 2000 sumthin
Ozzy, MARILYN MANSON (hell of a show), Disturbed, Korn

Garth Brooks 1993 Texas Stadium (1st show)
Garth easily put on one of the best shows EVER.

Woodstock 99 Limpbizkit set of particular note
I know I know, but it was a the height of their popularity and they can be easily credited with being the first band that weekend to take the crowd to a complete different level. That entire weekend was crazy. Bands of note with great shows that weekend, Insane Clown Posse, Korn, Ice Cube, DMX, James Brown, The Chemical Brothers (insane shown)
marvelousntx is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #71
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post

If I could only own one album it would be Allman Bros. Eat a Peach.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #72
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by thathottnurse View Post
Nickelback is far and away the worst band ever. I had to write them a formal apology bc I accidentally found out someone else wrote their songs (then threatened to sue me of I didn't publicly acknowledge my "misunderstanding". Bullshittiest bunch of fluff crap that ever was.
details THN.. this post is begging for more details!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHurt1968 View Post
Worst: These are the only 3 shows I've ever walked out on midway.

The Cars in Phoenix, 1984. They were just terrible. Not into it, sloppy as hell, and barely acknowledged the crowd. Left about 45 in.

Lindsey Buckingham in Mountain View, CA 1992 I think. Pretty sure he was drunk out of his mind because his playing was incredibly sloppy, you couldn't understand a word he said, and insulted the audience. I left about 30 minutes into the show.
interested in the 3rd show you walked out on.. you forgot one..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHUNTER66 View Post
ZZ Top played 3 straight dates: Sept 29,30th, and Oct1st in 1983. At Reunion Arena
I was in Austin then, IIRC ZZ Top played one show at the Erwin Center... Joan Jett opened.. in my mind Top should have opened for Jett.. she was red hot at the time, while ZZ was in a relative dry spell.. Eliminator was new, and had not taken off just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelousntx View Post
Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation Tour Reunion Arena 91ish
WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY
I was at the Fort Worth show a year prior, which was like the 6th date of the tour, her first.. a very rare instance where Fort Worth scooped Dallas with a show..
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ. View Post
If I could only own one album it would be Allman Bros. Eat a Peach.
good album, but I would take "live at Fillmore East" before "Eat a Peach".. for the simple reason that "mountain jam" runs 33 minutes on 'Peach'.. about 25 minutes too long..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #73
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

I'll pm u the deets, Chung.
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #74
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
[COLOR=red]

good album, but I would take "live at Fillmore East" before "Eat a Peach".. for the simple reason that "mountain jam" runs 33 minutes on 'Peach'.. about 25 minutes too long..
I think "live at the Filmore East" is the best live album ever recorded but the sound quality is better on Eat a Peach. I agree "mountain Jam" runs way too long ...thank God for CDs.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:13 AM   #75
Frique-Me
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12
Default Great Thread

Been to a few and here are my all time best:

Earth, Wind & Fire (When Maurice White was still performing the band)
Stevie Wonder
Parliment Funkadelic
Grover Washington Jr.
Tower of Power
Prince
Van Halen (David Lee Roth era)
Stevie Ray Vaughan (Last performance at Austin City Limits)
Run DMC (Paul Quinn College Waco, TX.)
Frique-Me is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women