Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161618
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48051
pyramider46370
bambino40807
CryptKicker37138
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #61
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
WDF, read my posts. You're deflecting now. It isn't working. We all know.
I read your post, read mine. Show where I tried to pass off Adam Smith's writing as my own. I clearly showed that it was Adam Smith material even thoug it was lifted from wiki.

It matters not where it was copied from. It matters if I tried to pass it off as my own. I did not and you can not show where I tried to because I clearly did not.

You are using double speak counsler.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #62
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You lifted the Wiki commentary along with the quotes, moron. I caught that. You've never read the book, and wouldn't have been able to understand it if you had.

You've been exposed. Deal with it.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #63
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
You lifted the Wiki commentary along with the quotes, moron. I caught that. You've never read the book, and wouldn't have been able to understand it if you had.

You've been exposed. Deal with it.
Men/women act in their own self interest when push comes to shove. It is not absolute but in general. That is human nature. You were arguing aganist human nature and when you lost that battle, you bring up this wiki straw.

The thurst of my point was Adam Smith's own words, not some wiki commentary. So there was no intent to decieve nor take credit for something that I thought needed no credit.

I have read the book, not all of it and not in some twenty years. Do I understand or agree with it all? No. Do you?

I think you are mad at me for talking about your gayness. Pull my finger if you'd like for me to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You forget The Theory of Moral Sentiments, where Smith first introduced the invisible hand.

However, Smith rejected the idea that Man was capable of forming moral judgements beyond a limited sphere of activity, again centered around his own self-interest:
The administration of the great system of the universe ... the care of the universal happiness of all rational and sensible beings, is the business of God and not of man. To man is allotted a much humbler department, but one much more suitable to the weakness of his powers, and to the narrowness of his comprehension: the care of his own happiness, of that of his family, his friends, his country.... But though we are ... endowed with a very strong desire of those ends, it has been entrusted to the slow and uncertain determinations of our reason to find out the proper means of bringing them about. Nature has directed us to the greater part of these by original and immediate instincts. Hunger, thirst, the passion which unites the two sexes, and the dread of pain, prompt us to apply those means for their own sakes, and without any consideration of their tendency to those beneficent ends which the great Director of nature intended to produce by them.
It was in the TMS that Smith first referred to the "invisible hand" to describe the apparent benefits to society of people behaving in their own interests. Smith writes (6th ed. p. 350
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #64
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
Comparing it to GDP is ridiculous. Just like the dumb Democrats compare the debt to the GDP. No wonder we're fucked. It is the absolute dollars spent that matters. I'm glad you feel safe while throwing away billions of dollars. No party is serious about the budget and deficit until defense is also on the table. Just like the private industry - DO MORE WITH LESS, AND IF YOU CAN'T GO FIND OUT A DIFFERENT WAY TO MAKE A LIVING! That's what us productive folks are reminded of every day in the private industry and American corporations are making record profits. Now before you start with the stupidity that the military is non-profit, I know that so no need to remind me, but productivity and efficiency applies equally to every organization.
No, it is not ridiculous to use the percentage of the GDP for comparison, because that's exactly the measure you use when you select both providers and frequency of your visits. But unlike hobbying, defense is not a luxury. It is prescribed as one of the government's enumerated responsibilities. Your current life style and privileges were garnered by the sacrifices of servicemen and women. This country was forged by the sacrifices of American soldiers, sailors and Marines. Their continued sacrifice preserved this country in subsequent wars, and this country's commercial-logistical lifelines are protected by servicemen and women's continued sacrifice, hypocrite.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #65
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
No, it is not ridiculous to use the percentage of the GDP .
What happens when GDP goes down?

Should we then cut military spending?

http://armedforcesjournal.com/2007/03/2545232

To cite the “historically low percentage of GDP” argument as reason to further increase defense spending “is a specious argument, Hellman said. “It’s like your landlord saying that since you got a pay raise, your rent should increase.” The GDP number describes the value of the U.S. economy. It tells nothing about how much the military needs to spend, he said.
“What happens if GDP decreases?” as it might during a major recession. “Would the military then support a parallel reduction in its budget? I think not,” Hellman said.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #66
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default May I suggest this article for a well researched counter to your GDP point

http://www.carlisle.army.mil/usawc/p...tumn/sharp.pdf

IfUS GDP continues its long-termupward trajectory, as it has done in
remarkable fashion since the end ofWorldWar II, then tying defense spending
toGDPbasically amounts to using overallwealth creation to justify ever-larger
defense budgets. If the American economy doubles in size, should American
taxpayers be required to double the Pentagon’s budget as well? Should future
generations spend three times more on defense just because they are three
timeswealthier? The answer is a resounding “no.” Intelligent defense planning
relies on requirements, tradeoffs, and a thorough evaluation of risk, notGDP, to
determine need.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #67
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
What happens when GDP goes down?

Should we then cut military spending?

http://armedforcesjournal.com/2007/03/2545232

To cite the “historically low percentage of GDP” argument as reason to further increase defense spending “is a specious argument, Hellman said. “It’s like your landlord saying that since you got a pay raise, your rent should increase.” The GDP number describes the value of the U.S. economy. It tells nothing about how much the military needs to spend, he said.
“What happens if GDP decreases?” as it might during a major recession. “Would the military then support a parallel reduction in its budget? I think not,” Hellman said.
The same thing that happens to your choice of motor vehicles when your income goes down: you settle for the best you can get for the dollars you have. Now answer this: Who achieved a better return for tax monies spent during a depressed economy: Odumbo with Solyndra or Grover Cleveland with the Great White Fleet?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #68
ChoomCzar
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
If so, it's literally the only thing you can possibly say about this. And if you've never served your country in the armed forces, I'd take it as a kindness if you kept your negativity to yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/agUx79yG1Lo?rel=0

I retired from the military after the 2008 election.....no way was Odumbo gonna be my CIC..........
ChoomCzar is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #69
ChoomCzar
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
Do you think individual soldiers will vote for a candidate that promises to cut the military budget? Everyone one wants balanced budgets, but when it comes to cutting, everyone protects their piece of the pie. That's why we're fucked.

Soldiers won't vote for a CIC with Odumbo's rules of engagement, social engineering through the military and inability to recognize the necessary response to evil.....glad I'm not doing joint missions with our "allies" under Odumbo's command......
ChoomCzar is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #70
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoomCzar View Post
I retired from the military after the 2008 election.....no way was Odumbo gonna be my CIC..........
That was a right thing to do IMHO Choom, considering your postings!. Don right honorable in fact. Congrats.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #71
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
. Now answer this: Who achieved a better return for tax monies spent during a depressed economy: Odumbo with Solyndra or Grover Cleveland with the Great White Fleet?
I do not know anything about the Great White Fleet but I'd have to vote for it based on what I know about the other!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #72
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Knew some guys who were rifted during the Clinton administration. They inquired to see if there were any left-over discharge certificates signed by Bush 41.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #73
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:

Was that when your court marshal was over?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #74
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
The thurst of my point was Adam Smith's own words, not some wiki commentary. So there was no intent to decieve nor take credit for something that I thought needed no credit.

I have read the book, not all of it and not in some twenty years. Do I understand or agree with it all? No. Do you?

I think you are mad at me for talking about your gayness. Pull my finger if you'd like for me to stop.
You're lying. We all know what you did. You've been exposed as a fraud and buffoon.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #75
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
You're lying. We all know what you did. You've been exposed as a fraud and buffoon.
You can scream liar all you want.

You are just trying to discredit me because I turned on your closet light and found you and JD tangled up like two naked octopus.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women