Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60191
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48376
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #61
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
I have first hand experience working around pipelines, derricks and plants -- summer and winter jobs during my high school and college days. It's all dangerous but so is farming.

Scores of farmers and farm hands are injured and killed every year by the machines, e.g., combines, thrashers, etc., they use. I know a farmer that was struck twice by lightning as he was plowing his fields using an uncovered tractor. The strikes were years apart, and he was seriously hurt the first time, but the second time crippled him for life. There have been instances where French farmers were injured or killed when they plowed up artillery shells and pockets of trapped gas from WWI. Most professions have their hazards: some more than others.
Again I agree with all of that, I in fact did the same...my point is a private co taking private citizens land.
I have a fundamental problem with that. I do not see the common good that is used for that taking.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #62
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

You keep saying "Taken", as in stolen, and that is fundamentally incorrect. The land owners are paid for the land, or the use thereof. Now whether the owner receives just compensation is another matter entirely, but nothing is taken from anyone. That's where the legal system comes into play and there have been many court cases fought over that over the years. Eminent domain laws have been on the books for years and I get that you have an issue with the whole concept.

In the case of this pipeline, and I'm making some assumptions here, it is going to be traversing almost 100% rural farmland. And that they will only be using a, say 20-50ft wide section of the land, and that is buried below ground. I just don't see the big deal here. There are pipelines of many types all over the country, plus power transmission lines, railroads lines, roads, interstate highways, cell phone towers, etc, etc. When all of those were proposed and subsequently constructed, someone had to sell either a portion of their land or the right of way to their land, and I promise you they were compensated for it. I have personally been there, done that. Out west its not that big a deal as so much of the land is federal, and not in private hands.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #63
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default I do not object to fucking, I do to raping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
You keep saying "Taken", as in stolen, and that is fundamentally incorrect. The land owners are paid for the land, or the use thereof. If you fuc a girl who does not want to fuc and then pay her a couple of bucks and the law says it is not rape. Do you agree with that law? Is it not rape? ... What difference is there between that and this. Now whether the owner receives just compensation is another matter entirely, but nothing is taken from anyone. Nothing is taken from the lady in question? Shouldn't she just lay there and enjoy it? That seems to be ya'lls answer. Correct me if I'm wrong. That's where the legal system comes into play and there have been many court cases fought over that over the years. Eminent domain laws have been on the books for years and I get that you have an issue with the whole concept. Yes I do.

In the case of this pipeline, and I'm making some assumptions here, it is going to be traversing almost 100% rural farmland. And that they will only be using a, say 20-50ft wide section of the land, and that is buried below ground. Then pay the going rate without threat of Eminent domain laws. That is my point .
Do you see a difference between a power company bringing power to an area for all and a pipeline from private company to private company? And in this case one company is getting a huge break from the taxpayers.

Please tell me the 'public good' in that. Do you agree with Kelo? I do not if there is any question....

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/rights...a/eminentd.htm

In its 5-4 decision in the case of Kelo v. City of New London, the U.S. Supreme Court issued an important, if very controversial, interpretation of the government's power of "eminent domain," or the power of the government to take land from property owners.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #64
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Quote:
The power of eminent domain is granted to governmental bodies -- federal, state and local -- by the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, under the simple phrase, "...nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation." In simple terms, the government can take privately owned land, as long as the land will be used by the public and the owner is paid a fair price for the land, what the amendment calls, "just compensation."
Its pretty simple, the Fifth amendment needs to be repealed, in your opinion. This is no different than all the other Bill of Rights threads we got here. If you don't like it then get a grass roots movement going to build support to repeal it. If everyone out there was as worked up about it as you, a case would be in front of SCOTUS tomorrow...in a special session.

Its funny how some SCOTUS decisions totally piss off some, while others totally piss off a whole different group, just depends on their political motivation and/or personal beliefs. Whether we like Kelo or not is irrelevant, its established law. Just as some didn't like SCOTUS Bush v. Gore decision or the Obamacare decision or countless others. It is what it is until it get changed.

And for the record, no I do not agree with the Kelo decison, nor do I agree with private companies such as WalMart, Target, Home Depot, Costco, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc using Eminent domain to acquire land space for their private ventures. But as long as these companies continue to "donate" to the politicians election campaigns, this is what you are going to get. http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/23/news...eminentdomain/ But I also see a big difference between a rural pipeline right-of-way in the boonies and a Brand new Wally World complex on the edge of town.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #65
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default wtf..the shallow pool is over there----------->

Quote:

i know the feeling..
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #66
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Of course you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
i know the feeling..
That 'cause you act like a little girl!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #67
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

Its pretty simple, the Fifth amendment needs to be repealed, in your opinion. This is no different than all the other Bill of Rights threads we got here. If you don't like it then get a grass roots movement going to build support to repeal it. If everyone out there was as worked up about it as you, a case would be in front of SCOTUS tomorrow...in a special session.

Its funny how some SCOTUS decisions totally piss off some, while others totally piss off a whole different group, just depends on their political motivation and/or personal beliefs. Whether we like Kelo or not is irrelevant, its established law. Just as some didn't like SCOTUS Bush v. Gore decision or the Obamacare decision or countless others. It is what it is until it get changed. Agree

And for the record, no I do not agree with the Kelo decison, nor do I agree with private companies such as WalMart, Target, Home Depot, Costco, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc using Eminent domain to acquire land space for their private ventures. But as long as these companies continue to "donate" to the politicians election campaigns, this is what you are going to get. http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/23/news...eminentdomain/ But I also see a big difference between a rural pipeline right-of-way in the boonies and a Brand new Wally World complex on the edge of town.
That is all I was asking....do you agree or not.

It sure seems to me that a whole lot of folks that do not agree with Kelo, seem to have no problem with this.

My problem with this crap is that it has expanded beyond 'public good'.

I wonder where our big government hater COG falls on this issue.

I have established that our resident Tea Nuts nevergivesitathought and gnad are a-ok with big government intervention in this regard.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #68
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

I don't have near the problem with the pipeline as a do some retail complex. We are talking about a minimal amount of land and an unobtrusive one at that. One is much different than the other. Much different.
Quote:
But I also see a big difference between a rural pipeline right-of-way in the boonies and a Brand new Wally World complex on the edge of town.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #69
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

I need to do some research on how the Alaska Pipeline is/was setup. I'm guessing it was almost all federal land, so most of this would not apply.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #70
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
I don't have near the problem with the pipeline as a do some retail complex. We are talking about a minimal amount of land and an unobtrusive one at that. One is much different than the other. Much different.
+1 Kelo was a screwed up ruling. Seizing such private property for the sake of a commercial, retail operation is quite different than using eminent domain to secure a public thoroughfare or a pipeline right-of-way.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #71
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
+1 Kelo was a screwed up ruling. Seizing such private property for the sake of a commercial, retail operation is quite different than using eminent domain to secure a public thoroughfare or a pipeline right-of-way.
Yes they are different , yet they also have similarities. It is hard to argue that this pipeline is for public good. No more public good than was argued in Kelo. So while you two have focused on the differences, how about we take a look at the so called public good. Do you think the pipeline falls under that? They have syated yhey are not selling in our market for the most part.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #72
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Yes they are different , yet they also have similarities. It is hard to argue that this pipeline is for public good. No more public good than was argued in Kelo. So while you two have focused on the differences, how about we take a look at the so called public good. Do you think the pipeline falls under that? They have syated yhey are not selling in our market for the most part.
The property seized in the Kelo case was developed, unblighted-residential property. CBS ran an article a couple of weeks ago about one lone, rural hold-out (in Texas or Oklahoma???) who was trying to block the pipeline right-of-way. All of her neighbors had signed contracts and banked their money. Her neighbors explained that once the pipeline is in the ground, they'll continue to use the property as they always had. It seems the majority of her neighbors have already determined it was for the "public good": the public concerned being themselves -- a hint of democracy with overtones of capitalism.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #73
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
The property seized in the Kelo case was developed, unblighted-residential property. CBS ran an article a couple of weeks ago about one lone, rural hold-out (in Texas or Oklahoma???) who was trying to block the pipeline right-of-way. All of her neighbors had signed contracts and banked their money. Her neighbors explained that once the pipeline is in the ground, they'll continue to use the property as they always had. It seems the majority of her neighbors have already determined it was for the "public good": the public concerned being themselves -- a hint of democracy with overtones of capitalism.
They answered the question that it was in their best interest. That is a far cry from public interest.

My question is this. Make a case where this pipeline is in the public's interest.

Make another case as to why taxpayers should subsidize this project. Tell me how that is different from say Solendra.

IB, if a panhandler stuck a gun to my head, it would be in my best interest to give him a donation. Without the gun or eminent domain would these oil companies get what they wanted? Why not steal their mineral rights too, under the guise of public interest?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #74
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
They answered the question that it was in their best interest. That is a far cry from public interest.

My question is this. Make a case where this pipeline is in the public's interest.

Make another case as to why taxpayers should subsidize this project. Tell me how that is different from say Solendra.

IB, if a panhandler stuck a gun to my head, it would be in my best interest to give him a donation. Without the gun or eminent domain would these oil companies get what they wanted? Why not steal their mineral rights too, under the guise of public interest?
You're setting up too many straw man arguments here, WTF. First, eminent domain is and has been Constitutionally recognized and permitted since the ratification of the Bill of Rights, that doesn't mean you have to like it -- especially in instances like the Kelo decison. Secondly, libertards have royally fucked up the vocabulary. When Solyndra was "subsidized" -- it was given real taxpayer money. When oil companies are "subsidized" -- they get to keep money the government really intended to take away.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #75
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Don't get me wrong IB, I would probably do it too.

Have you ever tried to defelop a piece of land with a pipeline running down the middle of it?
Yes. I'm setting in a subdivision with a pipeline running thru it right now. Of course its buried. I doubt there's a planned subdivision in northern Kansas though.

Your arguments are weak, misleading, not entertaining and incomprehensible to anyone but you.
gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women