Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 392
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70717
biomed162700
Yssup Rider60420
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48459
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41748
CryptKicker37184
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36105
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #61
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
The second link is fascinating. It appears that people are being granted asylum who shouldn't be. Fifty-five people from Chile in 2023 for example. I'm aware of the Mapuche conflict, but still...

Looking at the first link however, does it really matter? Only 637,000 people were granted asylum during the last 10 years. That's a reasonable number to accept, considering the USA has a population of 330 million and is supposed to be a shining beacon of light to the rest of the world.

You've won over the Waco Kid.
Yeah, but you effectively have over 2 million cases in backlog.

There's nothing timely or fair in that. To us, to them and to the hard working folks faced with tackling that every day.

And the switch from FIFO to LIFO has folks who came much earlier sitting far longer than is really needed.

If we focus on the actual numbers instead of the ones that folks and the media like to focus on, we see laws that haven't been updated to follow the reality of how the world has changed and real humans stuck in limbo.

The whole invasion narrative is a farce. As is importing voters. The time required to get the green card and then citizenship exceeds 1 term and in some cases 2. So it CAN'T be a pure one party play.

It's two parties actively doing nothing to improve things and blaming the other side for the chaos of antiquated beauracracy. It's two branches of government just flat out failing us every time there's a real chance to update these laws.

This is not meant to be handled by EO
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #62
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post

There's nothing timely or fair in that. To us, to them and to the hard working folks faced with tackling that every day.

And the switch from FIFO to LIFO has folks who came much earlier sitting far longer than is really needed.

If we focus on the actual numbers instead of the ones that folks and the media like to focus on, we see laws that haven't been updated to follow the reality of how the world has changed and real humans stuck in limbo.

The whole invasion narrative is a farce. As is importing voters. The time required to get the green card and then citizenship exceeds 1 term and in some cases 2. So it CAN'T be a pure one party play.

It's two parties actively doing nothing to improve things and blaming the other side for the chaos of antiquated beauracracy. It's two branches of government just flat out failing us every time there's a real chance to update these laws.

This is not meant to be handled by EO
Any thoughts on this Gristle?

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1063582621

What would you think about giving undocumented immigrants, and people in the "other" asylum category who haven't left the USA, temporary work visas? And limit the program to good people who haven't committed crimes? Bring them into the system but don't put them on a citizenship path.

This sort of system has worked well for Singapore and Dubai which admittedly are much smaller than the USA.

Realistically, I don't think the USA could implement this. Democrats would want to put the immigrants on a citizenship path and Republicans would want to kick them out.

If you see fit to reply, I'd do it in TxDot's immigration and inflation thread (see link above), as we're perhaps getting a bit off topic here.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #63
lustylad
Premium Access

Hey Gristle, I'm impressed by your apparent encyclopedic knowledge of our immigration laws. Why didn't Biden appoint YOU as border czar? Then we might not be having this conversation.

So... how do YOU objectively grade Kamala's handling of the problem and her level of success/failure in fixing it? Do you agree with the points made by Spectator editor Amber Duke in my OP? No blame deflection, please.

There's a lot of data out there, along with numerous charts & graphs for everyone to digest on recent immigration trends. Let's start with this one, which Trump credits with saving his life in Butler:

The source of the data used to compile the graph is the Customs and Border Patrol agency, which (as you know) is part of Mayorkas' Dept. of Homeland Security.

Any reason to doubt the numbers shown on the graph? Do we need to make any adjustments for arrests, deportations, omissions of people entering under parole or TPS and other loophole programs expanded & exploited by Biden/Harris?

Do the numbers include people who enter the US (and ask for asylum) through designated points of entry? Or only those encountered by CBP while trying to cross the border in between such points of entry?

Take your time in responding. Let's call it as it is. No fear or favor. Just keep "wandering into the truth", ok?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #64
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Tiny, I'll take a look
Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM   #65
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Hey Gristle, I'm impressed by your apparent encyclopedic knowledge of immigration law. Why didn't Biden appoint YOU as border czar? Then we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

So... how do YOU objectively grade Kamala's handling of the problem and her level of success/failure in fixing it? Do you agree with the points made by Spectator editor Amber Duke in my OP? No blame deflection, please.

There's a lot of data out there, along with many charts & graphs to digest on recent immigration trends. Let's start with this one, which Trump credits with saving his life in Butler:

The source of the data is the Customs and Border Patrol agency, which (as you know) is part of Mayorkas' Dept. of Homeland Security.

Any reason to doubt the numbers shown on the graph? Do we need to make any adjustments for arrests, deportations, omissions of people entering under parole or TPS and other loophole programs expanded & exploited by Biden/Harris?

Let's call it as it is. No fear or favor. Just keep wandering into the truth lol.
Let me ask you 3 questions.

Why is Flores called out?
Why would I call this Ron Johnson's chart?
Do you think the chart is tracking encounters, expulsions or apprehensions?

No snark like ur tossing my way, just trying to understand what you understand because that will frame the discussion.

This is the low hanging fruit
Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM   #66
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Trump tried zero tolerance and didn't put the $ where he needed to...

Biden removed zero tolerance, but couldn't ramp up staffing enough or quickly enough to make the right progress...

Keep in mind, the majority of folks arriving at the border don't have a solid asylum claim.
What is "zero tolerance" in reference to border enforcement?
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM   #67
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:

There's nothing timely or fair in that. To us, to them and to the hard working folks faced with tackling that every day...
Hold on a sec... doesn't that work to the asylum-seeker's advantage? It's not like any of them are demanding a speedy trial under the 6th Amendment lol. If they're allowed to stay and work and put down semi-permanent roots here while awaiting adjudication of their asylum requests, then the longer it drags on the better. It gives them more time to figure out other avenues to avoid deportation if/when asylum is denied.

Am I right, Gristle?
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #68
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Let me ask you 3 questions.

Why is Flores called out?
Why would I call this Ron Johnson's chart?
Do you think the chart is tracking encounters, expulsions or apprehensions?

No snark like ur tossing my way, just trying to understand what you understand because that will frame the discussion.

This is the low hanging fruit
No snark intended. If it's low-hanging fruit, then rip it apart. You understand the Flores decision better than I do. The data used to construct the monthly bars in the chart come from CBP, not Ron Johnson. If I understood everything it tracks or doesn't track, I wouldn't be asking you to opine on its usefulness and accuracy.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #69
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
No snark intended. If it's low-hanging fruit, then rip it apart. You understand the Flores decision better than I do. The data used to construct the monthly bars in the chart come from CBP, not Ron Johnson. If I understood it all, I wouldn't be asking you to vouch for its accuracy.
Give it a shot. Ballpark understanding
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #70
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
What is "zero tolerance" in reference to border enforcement?
Reinterpretstion of asylum eligibility, enhanced criminal prosecution and family separation as part of a mass encarcerstion effort to act as deterrent and to stem the flow of border encounters, including asylum claims.

In a nutshell
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #71
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Reinterpretstion of asylum eligibility, enhanced criminal prosecution and family separation as part of a mass encarcerstion effort to act as deterrent and to stem the flow of border encounters, including asylum claims.

In a nutshell

and it worked .. yes?
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #72
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Give it a shot. Ballpark understanding
You act like I'm a lawyer who only asks questions he/she already knows the answer to. I'm not playing gotcha, ok? There's a long-brewing crisis at the border and people are fed up about it. You know a lot about the ins and outs of the problem, so help us out please. It makes sense to start with the low-hanging fruit instead of diving into the weeds. The reason I started with the graph is because we need to agree on the scale & dimensions of the problem if we're going to get our hands around it. Plus we need to agree on how to gauge success going forward in securing the border.

It's late. I'm busy tomorrow so you can take your time in formulating a response.
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM   #73
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Hold on a sec... doesn't that work to the asylum-seeker's advantage? It's not like any of them are demanding a speedy trial under the 6th Amendment lol. If they're allowed to stay and work and put down semi-permanent roots here while awaiting adjudication of their asylum requests, then the longer it drags on the better. It gives them more time to figure out other avenues to avoid deportation if/when asylum is denied.

Am I right, Gristle?
Yes in some cases. No in others. You can't look at this in blanket terms as you will have individuals who could have been grantoedsylum and have legitimate affirmative cases being jumped in line by fresher arrivals with nebulous cases. Others will absolutely be looking to run up the clock with a defensive case and find alternate means or irons in the fire. But there's not as many as u might think.

Also don't assume everyone has access to good jobs or even good immigration counsel. Or that everyone is looking to game the system.

Asylum should be speedy AND efficient. Our process is anything but.
Old Today, 12:05 AM   #74
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
and it worked .. yes?
It depends on what you define "worked" as
Old Today, 12:13 AM   #75
The_Waco_Kid