Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 276
George Spelvin 266
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70743
biomed162825
Yssup Rider60510
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48506
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41964
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36348
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #61
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
My point is that global warming is not entirely correct what is happening is climate change and in our case, not for the better. Even people who try to dispute the so called "global warming" do so with models that show that the climate changes over time. Is it going to get extremely cold or extremely hot, past models show that it is going to do both at some point.
Back peddle a little faster there fella. There is a huge difference between acknowledging that the climate changes over time - we have ample proof of that - and claiming that humans are somehow responsible for changing the climate, or that humans can somehow stop climate change.

The truth is we don't KNOW that we are in a warming cycle at present. We don't have nearly enough data to arrive at a conclusion. 25 million years ago the earth was a giant frozen snowball, with glaciers reaching all the way to the equator. It took a couple million years for the earth to freeze solid, and about 15 million years for the earth to thaw out.

Scientists are attempting to draw conclusions about climate cycles that take place over millions of years, using data that encompasses less than 0.1% of that time frame. Any statistician will tell you that it is impossible to draw any meaningful conclusions from such a microscopic data set.

In other words, NO actually we DON'T know that global warming is occurring right now, and we sure as hell don't know that human activity is the cause of it.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #62
timpage
Account Disabled

Everybody is an expert. Except the climatologists who really are the experts. Let me think....who should I believe? The people who have dedicated their entire lives to studying climate? Or the fossil fuel companies who stand to lose billions of dollars if the changes being recommended by the climatologists take place? Hmmmm.....

Fucking idiots remind me of the simpletons who bought the tobacco companies' arguments that cigarettes didn't really cause cancer when the surgeon general's report on smoking came out.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #63
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

You talk like the "experts" are in complete agreement on global warming being a man-made crisis.....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Everybody is an expert. Except the climatologists who really are the experts.
News Flash: There is NOT complete agreement; in fact, more climatologist disagree than agree on the causes...........NOT DEVELOPING YOU SIMPLETON!
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #64
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
You talk like the "experts" are in complete agreement on global warming being a man-made crisis.....................

News Flash: There is NOT complete agreement; in fact, more climatologist disagree than agree on the causes...........NOT DEVELOPING YOU SIMPLETON!
I could link you to a virtually endless list of sources that completely refute your statement. Way over 90% of the folks who make their living studying the climate agree that (1) the climate is warming and (2) humans are playing a role in that warming. You deny it, you can ignore it, you can say whatever you want to about it. But, those are the facts. Now, get back to pretending that you are Matt Sludge saving the world from progressives with your child-like postings.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americ...vey/index.html
Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #65
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
I could link you to a virtually endless list of sources that completely refute your statement. Way over 90% of the folks who make their living studying the climate agree that (1) the climate is warming and (2) humans are playing a role in that warming. You deny it, you can ignore it, you can say whatever you want to about it. But, those are the facts. Now, get back to pretending that you are Matt Sludge saving the world from progressives with your child-like postings.

And therein lies the scam, TP. The vast majority of scientists that support your side get their funding from governments to pay their freight. Can you say conflict of interest??
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #66
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

and the government gets its money from us. Can you say hollow argument?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #67
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
and the government gets its money from us. Can you say hollow argument?
You really should try harder, Assup.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #68
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Your CNN link is from 2009.......before the scandal that revealed the false science and cheating at the UK climate change lab.

We now know the science behind their data was false and manipulated. And based on real science, climatologist are abandoning that rat infested ship.......

From Before The East Anglia Scandal only about 60% agreed:

http://www.nas.org/articles/Estimate...Global_Warming

and after (more recent) even less:

http://notrickszone.com/2013/02/16/c...lobal-warming/

Quote:

Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #69
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTXOILMAN View Post
And therein lies the scam, TP. The vast majority of scientists that support your side get their funding from governments to pay their freight. Can you say conflict of interest??
I get what you're saying.

I don't profess to know. Unlike everybody else, I'm not a climatologist. But, when the choice is between scientists who do nothing but climatology....and the Koch Brothers, who do nothing but make money on fossil fuels, and who are the primary financiers of the climate change denial crowd.....I'm going with the scientists.

The science is overwhelming on it and I just don't think the thousands and thousands of climatologists who have worked on the issue are engaged in some nefarious scam designed to get money from the government. Do you think cancer researchers are scamming us as well?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #70
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

The science is NOT overwhelming on man made impacts of global warming.......................
Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #71
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Quote:
I get what you're saying.

I don't profess to know. Unlike everybody else, I'm not a climatologist. But, when the choice is between scientists who do nothing but climatology....and the Koch Brothers, who do nothing but make money on fossil fuels, and who are the primary financiers of the climate change denial crowd.....I'm going with the scientists.

The science is overwhelming on it and I just don't think the thousands and thousands of climatologists who have worked on the issue are engaged in some nefarious scam designed to get money from the government. Do you think cancer researchers are scamming us as well?
No. But then cancer research hasn't been politicized to the point MMGW has. It doesn't go far beyond shaming people into not smoking or eating healthier. (Unless you live in NYC under Doomberg.) MMGW advocates want to dictate the entire patterns of behavior of evryone, except, of course, for Russia, N. Korea, the African continent, much of Central and South America, etc., etc.. It's mostly us capitalists pigs who bear the brunt of the vitriol.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #72
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
The science is NOT overwhelming on man made impacts of global warming.......................

Though natural amounts of CO2 have varied from 180 to 300 parts per million (ppm), today's CO2 levels are around 390 ppm. That's 30% more than the highest natural levels over the past 800,000 years. Increased CO2 levels have contributed to periods of higher average temperatures throughout that long record. (Boden, Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center)

We also know the additional CO2 in the atmosphere comes mainly from coal and oil, because the chemical composition of the CO2 contains a unique "fingerprint.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #73
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
No. But then cancer research hasn't been politicized to the point MMGW has. It doesn't go far beyond shaming people into not smoking or eating healthier. (Unless you live in NYC under Doomberg.) MMGW advocates want to dictate the entire patterns of behavior of evryone, except, of course, for Russia, N. Korea, the African continent, much of Central and South America, etc., etc.. It's mostly us capitalists pigs who bear the brunt of the vitriol.
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #74
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

The U.S. Department of Energy has just published its estimates of global carbon dioxide emissions for the year 2010, concluding emissions rose by 6 percent from 2009 to 2010. This constitutes the largest rise in emissions yet recorded and means global emissions are rising faster than any of the scenarios advanced by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in its 2007 report. Global warming activists are claiming the 2010 rise in emissions proves global warming is even worse than previously feared – but exactly the opposite is the case.

The new emissions data support the arguments of skeptics asserting carbon dioxide emissions do not impact global temperatures as much as IPCC computer models predict.

The fact that global temperatures are not rising despite such a significant increase in carbon dioxide emissions provides validation of skeptical arguments, not a cause for heightened alarm.

http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-...rise-emissions
Old 04-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #75
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
But, isn't that because there's no special interest group, like the fossil fuel industry, protecting cancer?

Also, your argument seems to have shifted from "there is no MMGW" to "everybody else is doing it, why shouldn't we." lol....

Again, I don't know. Frankly, it's not an issue I care that much about....But, I just can't get behind the idea that all these scientists are scamming to make money. The people in the mix who have the most skin in the game, and thus a motivation to scam, is Big Oil. They are protecting hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars in profits.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women