Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162326
Yssup Rider60190
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #46
John Bull
Valued Poster

OK guys, try the cross dressing diva from NY - who now lives in CA.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #47
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Right (as in wing), no doubt - correct: rarely. This was a put-up "trick question" deal and everyone but the most deeply read in that narrow area probably relies on the Longfellow poem (unfortunately). So, the Governor of 8 people got one right - but only after someone fed it to her BEFORE the fact. Her thinking on her feet when dealing within the realm of facts.....priceless!!!
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #48
Karl Hungus
Gaining Momentum

Marshall,

I wrote a really long response and then did something stupid with my computer and ended up erasing it. I waxed eloquently about the nature of our flexible democracy, American history, and some really nasty things about Palin, but I am not rewriting it now. You can rest assured that I addressed all of your points, you would have thought each and every one of my responses was stupid and ideologically impure, and there would have been another 6-8 e-mails with you insulting everything about me, including shit you clearly have no way of knowing about me.

So with that, I am out of this political discussion. I just don't care enough, and I'm getting bored. I'm here to learn about the hobby and mingle with some beautiful and fascinating women. I have only a passing and cursory interest in political discussion as an ice breaker. You are clearly very passionate about conservative issues, so you should volunteer for a campaign or something (and stop haranguing us). Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Karl Hungus is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #49
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default The D.U.I. That Roused a Nation: Paul Revere’s Medford Pre-Party

An alternate version of Revere's "Midnight Ride" that no one has mentioned:

The key to a good drinking story is not really how much you consumed, but what kind of idiocy you engaged in afterwards. Idiocy like, say, sparking a war.

Turns out, Paul Revere’s famous ride didn’t start out as a hootin’ hollerin’ wake-up-the-villagers sort of trip. According to historian Charles Taussig, Revere embarked on the stealth mission from Charlestown to Lexington in order to warn Sam Adams (the beer guy) and John Hancock (the big signature guy) that the British were coming. But by chance, his route took him through Medford—the rum capital of America. At the time, rum was colonial America’s number one commercial industry. So naturally, Revere stopped in for a brief rest at the house of Captain Isaac Hall, the leader of the local Minutemen and distiller of Old Medford Rum.

By the time Revere saddled up again, he’d sampled his fair share of Captain Hall’s hospitality and “he who came a silent horseman, departed a virile and vociferous crusader, with a cry of defiance and not of fear.” Not surprisingly, Revere was “pulled over” by the authorities (Redcoats) and detained for an hour before being released. So, it was actually Revere’s drunken caterwauling that roused Adams and Hancock at about 4:30 in the morning, only half an hour before fighting broke out on Lexington Green. Unfortunately, history has no record of Revere’s reaction when he awoke the next day (presumably nursing a hangover) and was informed of what he’d done.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/20728

Post Script: During the late 60s and early 70s, a period when Post Vietnam Americans were questioning patriotism and other traditional values, Revere's ride took an irreverent turn.In 1968, the Boston Globe ran an editorial, "He Woke 'Em Up," in which verified documentation was sacrificed in favor of humor. The writer noted that Revere stopped at the home of Captain Isaac Hall of the Medford Minutemen (a fact also noted in Revere s accounts). Hall "was also a distiller in a town then famous for its rum." The conclusion, according to the Globe, was that possibly, "in the normal practice of hospitality, Captain Hall gave Paul a little something to warm his bones." Thus, it was "a little rum poured on top of patriotic fervor that caused Paul to sound his cry of alarm. . ." and led to his arrest. This story is probably the source for the recent cynical belief - as per the above blog - that "Revere was drunk when he made the ride." Revere drank tea.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:03 AM   #50
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
I just don't care enough, and I'm getting bored. I'm here to learn about the hobby and mingle with some beautiful and fascinating women. I have only a passing and cursory interest in political discussion as an ice breaker.
Word!
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #51
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
Marshall,

I wrote a really long response...I addressed all of your points....I just don't care enough, and I'm getting bored. I'm here to learn about the hobby.
You didn't care enough, but you spent the time to write a really long response addressing all my points? Now you're bored? Something happened to your response and now we can't see it?

HA! HA! HA! HA!

RIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHHHTTTTTT...... whatever you say......

HA! HA! HA! HA!
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #52
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
Word!

Will someone kindly PM me when the facsinating discussion on the hobby begins.....I must have missed the last round of facsinating hobby discussion.....
Old 06-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #53
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Will someone kindly PM me when the facsinating discussion on the hobby begins.....I must have missed the last round of facsinating hobby discussion.....
That's because of the endless posts copied and pasted from other sites without any real original content keep obliterating the posts about the whole point of our demimonde world.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #54
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
That's because of the endless posts copied and pasted from other sites without any real original content keep obliterating the posts about the whole point of our demimonde world.

Blaming me is a convenient excuse, but makes no sense.....the overwhelming majority of threads which I don't start I don't participate in........while it's true I post a lot of political stuff, I also post a lot of non-political stuff and I frequently hear the comment "nice article".....
Old 06-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #55
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Now, now, Marshall, I never even mentioned your name. You asked a "gotcha" question. Guess you didn't like the answer.

But we have seen you reply to your own posts before (recently and multiple replies).
Old 06-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #56
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
But we have seen you reply to your own posts before (recently and multiple replies).
Only those who don't have me on ignore.....
Old 06-11-2011, 08:21 AM   #57
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
BTW: Bush and Palin had better grades in college than Obama
I'd like to see your source on this. My understanding is that Obama's Occidental College grades have been leaked.

Its obvious that what I refer to as the "Demomedia" will never give Palin any non-negative reporting. Her only ally would be Fox.

When Obama made the 57 state remark, the demomedia nearly tripped over itself apologizing how "tired" he was. Palin never said that "She could see Alaska from her backyard" but they constantly reference it. They also acted as water carriers for the dems to indict the Palin camp whenever the AZ congresswoman was shot.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #58
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Its obvious that what I refer to as the "Demomedia" will never give Palin any non-negative reporting.
Why care? Palin doesn't care about reporting in that all she really cares about is publicity...which the media gives her plenty of..and as they say, no publicity is bad publicity.

Quote:
Her only ally would be Fox.
Interesting you refer to a news "network" as an ally.

Quote:
When Obama made the 57 state remark, the demomedia nearly tripped over itself apologizing how "tired" he was.
They did? I don't remember hearing anything about it, one way or the other. It was a gaffe, and gaffes don't usually get much air-play.

Quote:
Palin never said that "She could see Alaska from her backyard" but they constantly reference it.
And Al Gore never said he invented the internet. Nor did any of his "allies" (your term, not mine).

"She could see Russia from her backyard" all started with FOX News, (Fox & Friends i believe) who were the first to extoll her foreign policy bonafides by pointing out how geographically close Alaska was to Russia. A notion Palin then ran with by herself pointing out how Putin would fly over Alaska on his way to America. So "She could see Russia from her backyard" was simply the bumper sticker version of the idiotic claims that she and her "allies" were making about her.

Beyond that, i don't even think the media really makes issue of that. Comedians, yes, the media, not so much. But let's not let that get in the way of the "us against the world" attitude inherent in being a Conservative.

Quote:
They also acted as water carriers for the dems to indict the Palin camp whenever the AZ congresswoman was shot.
By pointing out the fact that Sarah Palin used cross-hairs on a map of targeted congressional districts?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #59
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
When Obama made the 57 state remark, the demomedia nearly tripped over itself apologizing how "tired" he was. .
Had he insisted that there were 57 states after the fact, maybe it would have been a bigger deal. Like Sara is doing with Paul. You defend that idiotic statement? I betcha according to Sara Benedict Arnold was just warning the British too!

Sara Palin does not stand a chance of even winning your party's nomination. Even they know that she is only good for stirring the pot, not actually making up the recipes.

She took on big oil in Alaska and raised their taxes, something your party seems to forget about. Tout wtf she has actually done while in office before quitting.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #60
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

Can we have a politics board so we can have a place for marshall to store all the garbage he spews from the bs biased inconspicuous media he is addicted to.
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women