Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #46
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

You have it backwards. Concealed carry does not guarantee low crimes rates as you have to contend with economics, people, culture, and the like. However, when you look at areas where gun ownership (not even concealed carry) is discouraged you have high or rising crime rates; Chicago, Washington DC, Detroit, Los Angeles, St. Louis, and New York City to name a few. No state does this but many cities do try to stop ownership of guns.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #47
tttalinky
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43
Default Boycott Bob!

tttalinky is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #48
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
You are the one who posted a link to a source that doesn't prove (or disprove) COG's statement......why did you post it ?
You are an idiot. The link was to information related to COG's subject. If COG's statement is true, that states with CHLs had a lower major crime rate than those states where there were no CHLs, then, COG could, if he liked, used the link or any other link he wanted, to prove his point. Whatever states did not offer CHLs should have a higher murder by handgun rate than those states that offered CHLs. I have no idea if there is such a correlation so I was simply asking him for proof, using whatever data he deemed appropriate.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #49
Guest052616
Account Disabled

User ID: 157003
My ECCIE Reviews

IJS...
Guest052616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #50
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Whirlaway, that data in your post cites a study from 1977-1994. Almost 20 year old data at best. Hopefully you can do better than that.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #51
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

As I stated, your link to the StateMaster data is meaningless, I guess you were posting without understanding the data behind the link......I assumed you were trying to prove some point....but it appears you intended for the post and included link to be meaningless !

My apologies for assuming you were trying to offer something of substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
You are an idiot. The link was to information related to COG's subject. If COG's statement is true, that states with CHLs had a lower major crime rate than those states where there were no CHLs, then, COG could, if he liked, used the link or any other link he wanted, to prove his point. Whatever states did not offer CHLs should have a higher murder by handgun rate than those states that offered CHLs. I have no idea if there is such a correlation so I was simply asking him for proof, using whatever data he deemed appropriate.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #52
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
You have it backwards. Concealed carry does not guarantee low crimes rates as you have to contend with economics, people, culture, and the like. However, when you look at areas where gun ownership (not even concealed carry) is discouraged you have high or rising crime rates; Chicago, Washington DC, Detroit, Los Angeles, St. Louis, and New York City to name a few. No state does this but many cities do try to stop ownership of guns.
I fully agree with the first part of your statement, that economics, people, culture, and other demographics have more to do with a high crime rate than how many people are carrying guns. Countries such as Japan and England have virtual handgun bans and very low crime rates. Other countries have almost no gun control laws and also have very low crime rates. So it's hard to argue that more guns in the hands of private citizens leads to a lower crime rate.

However, in the second part -- I know New York City has instituted stricter gun control laws than many other U.S. cities. Can't speak for the others. And from every source I've been able to find, the crime rate in NYC is LOW. I remember reading that since NYC instituted these stricter laws, many guns used in crimes are being brought in from other states, West Virginia cited as the leader. For example:

City Crime Rankings 2011-2012
Rankings by Population Categories
Cities of 500,000 or more population (33 cities)
Lowest Crime Rate Ranking Highest Crime Rate Ranking
1. El Paso, TX 1. Detroit, MI
2. Honolulu, HI 2. Baltimore, MD
3. New York, NY 3. Memphis, TN
4. San Jose, CA 4. Washington, DC
5. San Diego, CA 5. Atlanta, GA
6. Austin, TX 6. Philadelphia, PA
7. Seattle, WA 7. Milwaukee, WI
8. Los Angeles, CA 8. Columbus, OH
9. Portland, OR 9. Oklahoma City, OK
10. Denver, CO 10. Houston, TX
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #53
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
As I stated, your link to the StateMaster data is meaningless, I guess you were posting without understanding the data behind the link......I assumed you were trying to prove some point....but it appears you intended for the post and included link to be meaningless !

My apologies for assuming you were trying to offer something of substance.
As I said, you are an idiot. Nothing else needs to be said.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #54
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
The issue is the extent and nature of gun control, not whether it exists or not.
Yes.

And that makes Costa's remarks dumber.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #55
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

And Costa doubled down on his dumbness...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...stake-Was-Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Yes.

And that makes Costa's remarks dumber.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #56
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Only in your world, Timmy, does defending the 2nd Amendment equate to defending murder. You are really reaching, there, dude.

Question: Why are there lower major crime rates in states that have concealed carry laws than those that don't?
HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA! HA!HA!HA!HA! (to coin a phrase)

Answer: Lower than WHAT? What if "lower" is higher than the highest in non gun-toting societies?

Get back on your meds.....
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #57
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I spoke with Derek at the Kansas City Star and he had nothing good to say about Jason Whitlock and I mean nothing.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:08 AM   #58
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Yeah, you, Jack Daniels and a photograph of "Derek" had a great time, I'm sure.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #59
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:

Places like New York have straw buyers who go south buy a shit load and sell them in the city.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #60
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
I spoke with Derek at the Kansas City Star and he had nothing good to say about Jason Whitlock and I mean nothing.

I have been amazed the Star has kept this asshole on board.He is a idiot who knows zip about sports. He is the black mans answer to Glenn Beck.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women