Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60663
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48591
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42319
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36736
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #46
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

User ID: 148563
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

i love the kinks and saw them too. they were a great under rated band. I saw Denny Freeman, speedy sparks and johnny x reed last friday at saxon at 6 pm for free. it was so great i am going back this week too i think.. they are true austin legends.
sue_nami is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #47
jimmyBJ
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Fav band: Led Zeppelin. I mean for total body of work, talent, touring, live pressence they stand above everyone imo. The changed music and culture.

Fav Album: The Wall. If I had to give one priece of music to an ailen civilization it would be this master piece.

Fav Concert: Dead tie between Roger Waters - In The Flesh tour Caracas, Venezuela 2002 and The Rolling Stones - Bridges of Babylon tour Wimbley Stadium London 1999. (Old Wembley)
jimmyBJ is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #48
TexasBrooke
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 141735
My ECCIE Reviews

Seether/3 doors dow.
TexasBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:51 AM   #49
happybanana
Valued Poster

Rush... love them even through their slightly off '90's period. Saw them in concert here in Austin at "The Drum" back in 1986... magical concert.

Van Halen... what a group, with Diamond Dave... and I even liked them with SH "the Red Rocker".. saw them in concert, last tour with David Lee in Houston back in 1984. That concert was the first time i got a true "contact high"! There was so much 420 smoke it looked like a fog in the old Collisium...

HB
happybanana is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #50
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxjr View Post
Saw Gwar at Liberty Lunch and that was a hell of a lot of fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paven View Post
Not for the faint of heart by any means, I saw them once and I'm good for life! lol I can't believe that it was an all ages show! Everything that they do is inappropriate but that's what their all about lol.
Definitely Pavin, everything Gwar did was inappropriate but it was a fun experience not to be missed.

Another fun one I had was when I lived in London and saw the Fabulous Thunderbirds on July 4th at Dingwalls on the lock in Camden Town! Dingwalls was packed and the opening band was an Irish band called Beltane's Fire that totally had the U2 sound, wore painted leather jerkins and the bass player was about 6'6" and played a stand up bass that he spun around! All in all it was a very memorable night with incredible music, weather, beer, company and atmosphere that made me all misty eyed for my native land when I was far from home. Jimmy Vaughn ripped it up and sent shivers up and down my spine for hours along with Kim belting it out in inimitable style.
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #51
Risn2TheOccasion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Triumph and Rush.
Risn2TheOccasion is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #52
Aphrodite
Account Disabled

User ID: 52990
My ECCIE Reviews

The Who. Fell in love with Pete T when I was 15 - got to introduce my teen sons to Pete and Roger a few years back. They were cool as cucumbers while their mom was weak in the knees. Back when I had a 'british-styled' restaurant, a lovely lady moved her shop in next to mine. So happens it was the ex-wife of Keith Moon (!!!!!!!THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!) and we became dear friends, until her untimely death.

As a former punk rocker - gotta add The Jam and Ramones to the line up...but, no one touches Pete...*sigh*

Anyone w/ connections to getting tix for this tour? I am not above bribery *wink*
Aphrodite is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #53
NipLover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I've seen well over 300 concerts. And I'm not talking smaller nightclub style shows. So my list is long. Here are a few of the stand outs.

Frank Zappa (5 times)
Cheap Trick (6)
Talking Heads (3)
Los Lobos (5)
Inxs
Rolling Stones (7)
Roger Waters solo (4 times, including the Wall twice.) Pink Floyd (2, without RW)
Roxie Music

And this one surprised even me. When the Dixie Chicks returned to the Frank Erwin Center a couple of years after their "incident" in London, Natalie Maines and the other two girls had something to say. That show was over the top good. It was the first time I had ever experienced a show stopper moment. When the crowd cheered so hard, so long, that the band couldn't start the next song. For well over ten minutes the cheers and whistles wouldn't stop. Standing ovation in the middle of the show.
NipLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #54
NipLover
Valued Poster

I'm waiting on Austintatious Lilly to chime in on this one.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #55
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NipLover View Post
I've seen well over 300 concerts. And I'm not talking smaller nightclub style shows. So my list is long. Here are a few of the stand outs.

Frank Zappa (5 times)
Cheap Trick (6)
Talking Heads (3)
Los Lobos (5)
Inxs
Rolling Stones (7)
Roger Waters solo (4 times, including the Wall twice.) Pink Floyd (2, without RW)
Roxie Music

And this one surprised even me. When the Dixie Chicks returned to the Frank Erwin Center a couple of years after their "incident" in London, Natalie Maines and the other two girls had something to say. That show was over the top good. It was the first time I had ever experienced a show stopper moment. When the crowd cheered so hard, so long, that the band couldn't start the next song. For well over ten minutes the cheers and whistles wouldn't stop. Standing ovation in the middle of the show.
Well, to say I'm jealous of your resume is an understatement.

I was at the Dixie Chicks concert of which you speak and totally agree.

Just got tickets to the Eric Clapton concert on March 17th. Can't believe you have to buy tickets so far in advance -- unless you want to be scalped.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #56
derek303
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Fav Bands 1. Beatles 2. Elvis 3.Pink Floyd 4. Skynard 5. ZZ Top
Best Concerts - Wings, Pink Floyd, Yes, all in the 70's.
derek303 is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #57
NipLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Just got tickets to the Eric Clapton concert on March 17th. Can't believe you have to buy tickets so far in advance -- unless you want to be scalped.
Buy a ticket to see Dweezil Zappa doing Zappa Plays Zappa at Stubbs in January. Best $27 you'll spend on a show all year.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #58
NipLover
Valued Poster

Oh, everyone needs to prepare to see the Rolling Stones in 2013. They will tour. And by prepare I mean that cheap seats will cost you more than an evening with your favorite $$$ hottie.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #59
rockerrick
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Saw the DVD of Zappa plays Zappa , he really does it spot on !
rockerrick is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #60
NipLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerrick View Post
Saw the DVD of Zappa plays Zappa , he really does it spot on !
Yep. I've seen it 3 times already. January will be 4. Different show each time, with different guest musicians.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women