Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41544
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35921
Mojojo33117

Old 11-15-2023, 05:02 AM   #46
ICU 812
BANNED

Encounters: 15

I have been following the erosion of the Second Amendment since I was in High School when the Gun Control Act was made law in 1968.

If changing or abolishing the Second Amendment was such a good idea with the support of "We-The-People", it would have been done already and in short order.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 07:50 AM   #47
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
If it's not absolute then it's not a "Right". The Government can't move the Goal Posts on a specific right of the Constitution for their convenience it doesn't work that way.
The First Amendment is also not absolute. Interpretation of the amendments is left to SCOTUS and they have made it very clear that the Second Amendment is not absolute.

"The court ruled in Heller's favor, affirming an individual right to keep handguns in the home for self-defense. “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. [It is] not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”"
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 07:56 AM   #48
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
I have been following the erosion of the Second Amendment since I was in High School when the Gun Control Act was made law in 1968.

If changing or abolishing the Second Amendment was such a good idea with the support of "We-The-People", it would have been done already and in short order.
Name an amendment that was adopted “in short order.”
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 09:55 AM   #49
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
The First Amendment is also not absolute. Interpretation of the amendments is left to SCOTUS and they have made it very clear that the Second Amendment is not absolute.

"The court ruled in Heller's favor, affirming an individual right to keep handguns in the home for self-defense. “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. [It is] not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”"
You're trying to pick gnat shit out of a hay stack to prove your ridiculous point.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 01:54 PM   #50
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
You're trying to pick gnat shit out of a hay stack to prove your ridiculous point.
That states have the right to set gun laws as they see fit is a "ridiculous point"?
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 07:48 PM   #51
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
That states have the right to set gun laws as they see fit is a "ridiculous point"?
Yeah it is because most often they over step the boundaries of the Federal Constitution.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:52 PM   #52
readyd
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
umm, we have a mass shooting problem. it's not even debatable. we need bipartisan laws and regs to fix that. we're the only first world country that is totally off the charts on mass shootings and gun deaths. the status quo is not acceptable. banning assault rifles would be a great start.
I'm going to have to call bullshit on this "common knowledge" that the US is the only country with a mass shooting problem. Per capita (and only comparing Europe, Canada, and the US) The US actually ranks 11th. Who has more mass shootings per capita? In order from most to least: Norway, Serbia, France, Macedonia, Albania, Slovakia, Switzerland, Finland, Belgium, Czech Republic.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ngs-by-country

As for banning "assault Weapons", Australia did that and it didn't do jack for their mass shootings (despite commonly misquoted figures). In the 25 years before Port Arthur they had 14 mass shootings, in the 25 years after (with the same criteria) they had 9 mass shootings. However, over this 50 year period Western Society as a whole was getting less violent and a trend of less mass shootings was pretty universal. While people like to say Australia hasn't had a mass shooting since Port Arthur, that has more to do with the fact that they also changed the definition of "mass shooting" in their country. After Port Arthur they no longer included gang shootings, killings by minors, or family shootings, and increased the casualty count by 1.
readyd is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:55 PM   #53
readyd
Valued Poster

Quote:
you are conflating banning assault rifles and disarmarment. why is it that civilians can't buy an Abrams? because an Abrams isn't designed for civilian use. it's a weapon of war. the same applies to assault rifles.

will that end all mass shootings? probably not. will it reduce gun deaths? as demonstrated in Australia, yes.

Would now be a good time to point out that you CAN legally own a tank, and I've hung out with a guy that legally owns one, with a fully functional cannon?
Old 11-16-2023, 09:06 PM   #54
readyd
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassapper View Post
Again... you can't define what it is that you want to ban. THAT's why it is essentially a disarming of the citizens.

You claim that an object whose attributes you cannot define is a "weapon of war" and thus we should not allow civilians to own. "Keep and bear ARMS".... not artillery, ARMS. A tank is essentially a mobile artillery platform. In the same way the Founders were not advocating personal ownership of artillery,

Actually, the Founding Fathers DID advocate for private ownership of artillery. A few of them owned a piece or two themselves, and they signed off on a number of armed, privately owned ships that had a number of cannons.
Old 11-16-2023, 09:10 PM   #55
readyd
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
Ahem...

people can own tanks and fighter aircrafts as long as they are demilitarized. (they can't own F-14s tho.)

oh, one can also own artillery pieces, cannons.
I'm not 100% sure on the fighter aircraft, I think you might be able to own one that is armed, but not be able to fly it. I do know for a fact that you can have fully-functional tanks, cannons and all. It's a ridiculous amount of paperwork and money, but it's only counted as a destructive device and you need to have a tax stamp. Getting proper ammo for it is likely going to be a custom job, and if it's explosive that's another tax stamp PER ROUND.
Old 11-16-2023, 09:13 PM   #56
readyd
Valued Poster

Quote:
we make it way easier to buy a gun than to get a driver's license. that makes zero sense.

sure you can buy a car, but you can't legally drive it until you pass a 2-part test. i failed my field test twice before i finally succeeded on my 3rd try.

and of course car manufacturers and dealers can be held liable for negligence. why should gun manufacturers and dealers be any different?
There is no mandate to have a driver's license to operate a vehicle, nor are you required to register it or insure it. You can let a 10 year-old drive legally, just as long as it's private property. The registration/insurance/license part comes in when you want to operate it on public lands.

It's also not easier to buy a gun than a car. There is no legal minimal age to buy a car, nor is there any kind of required background check.
Old 11-16-2023, 10:41 PM   #57
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyd View Post
I'm going to have to call bullshit on this "common knowledge" that the US is the only country with a mass shooting problem. Per capita (and only comparing Europe, Canada, and the US) The US actually ranks 11th. Who has more mass shootings per capita? In order from most to least: Norway, Serbia, France, Macedonia, Albania, Slovakia, Switzerland, Finland, Belgium, Czech Republic.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ngs-by-country

As for banning "assault Weapons", Australia did that and it didn't do jack for their mass shootings (despite commonly misquoted figures). In the 25 years before Port Arthur they had 14 mass shootings, in the 25 years after (with the same criteria) they had 9 mass shootings. However, over this 50 year period Western Society as a whole was getting less violent and a trend of less mass shootings was pretty universal. While people like to say Australia hasn't had a mass shooting since Port Arthur, that has more to do with the fact that they also changed the definition of "mass shooting" in their country. After Port Arthur they no longer included gang shootings, killings by minors, or family shootings, and increased the casualty count by 1.

... You are CORRECT on this for the most part. ...

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 01:30 AM   #58
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure on the fighter aircraft, I think you might be able to own one that is armed, but not be able to fly it. I do know for a fact that you can have fully-functional tanks, cannons and all. It's a ridiculous amount of paperwork and money, but it's only counted as a destructive device and you need to have a tax stamp. Getting proper ammo for it is likely going to be a custom job, and if it's explosive that's another tax stamp PER ROUND.
you can own a fighter, but the electronics & cannons have to be removed in order to be de-militarized in order to comply with FAA regs. its illegal to mount guns on aircraft.

its gonna be expensive to own one. lol.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 05:39 AM   #59
ICU 812
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Name an amendment that was adopted “in short order.”
My casually informed memory calls up the repeal of Prohibition which is, I Tink, The 19th Amendment. I understood that it was passed through the process relatively quickly, for a constitutional amendment. The Equal Rights Amendment of the 1970s though, failed to gain full ratification by enough states in the required seven years, and so, faded away.

That is what I mean by "short order."
Old 11-17-2023, 05:49 AM   #60
ICU 812
BANNED

Quote:
Would now be a good time to point out that you CAN legally own a tank, and I've hung out with a guy that legally owns one, with a fully functional cannon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao2Ex1d0oMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWwVf1WjWO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky0BA4mowOg

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women