Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70793
biomed163177
Yssup Rider60838
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48632
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42510
CryptKicker37214
The_Waco_Kid36938
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-11-2023, 08:19 PM   #46
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
You would think, but then she called the granite guy.
Haha, ouch. Well, at least you got a smidge of cost control
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 08:26 PM   #47
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
So, basically you're smoking your beef ribs like I smoke my briskets and beef ribs. Just 30-50 degrees higher.

Good to know, Bam.
Yes, I do. Unless it’s a waygu brisket. I’ll put it on at 225 around 11pm. I’ll check it at 5am. I usually crank it up to 250 then. Waygu seems to be finicky. I don’t want to over cook it overnight. But in general, I smoke most things at 275. When I started with Q, 225 seemed like the holy grail. I learned on a 22” Weber kettle. It took a lot of work to keep a steady 225. But the more I researched the great Pit masters, they were moving to 275. Henry Soo smokes brisket at 300. He’s a smart guy and has won many awards. BBQ is pretty much like golf to me. I learned pretty much on my own. What works for me. I was a single digit handicap for 25yrs. My family and friends love the Q I put out. I enjoy it too. So, whatever works for you. But every cook starts with a quality cut. Beef, pork, poultry or fish. I you’re going to spend the time cooking, spend the extra money.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 08:35 PM   #48
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Yeah, but Harry also does competition style and fully admits that his results are designed for one bite and not what he would serve to his family.

He's focusing on about 7 slices in the middle to find those perfect bites. He's focusing on 12 or less burnrt ends. He's massively over-seasoning because a normal seasoning profile would disappear and be bland asf since the judges are frying thier taste buds.

He's propping the brisket up on pieces of wood as well, since he only cares about the money muscle. Which leaves large divots in his meat which are massively undersmoked.

Back to the backyard BBQ style...

How long do you let meat rest?
Old 05-11-2023, 08:44 PM   #49
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yeah, but Harry also does competition style and fully admits that his results are designed for one bite and not what he would serve to his family.

He's focusing on about 7 slices in the middle to find those perfect bites. He's focusing on 12 or less burnrt ends. He's massively over-seasoning because a normal seasoning profile would disappear and be bland asf since the judges are frying thier taste buds.

He's propping the brisket up on pieces of wood as well, since he only cares about the money muscle. Which leaves large divots in his meat which are massively undersmoked.

Back to the backyard BBQ style...

How long do you let meat rest?
Yeah, I realize competition guys are looking for the perfect “bite”. How long do I let cuts rest? Depends on the size and type of protein. You can Cambro Brisket and beef ribs for hours. Pork ribs, Butt, or thinner cut steaks mebbe 30 minutes. Again, it’s what works for you. How much time can you budget to feed people and what your pit can accommodate.
Old 05-11-2023, 08:59 PM   #50
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

You ever try 30 min for every hour in the heat on briskets and large roasts?
Old 05-11-2023, 09:02 PM   #51
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
You ever try 30 min for every hour in the heat on briskets and large roasts?
Well geez Mr Gristle, that would take around 6hrs of rest, plus 12hrs of cook time. That might be optimal, I don’t know. But 2 or 3 hours rest for a brisket seems like plenty for me.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:09 PM   #52
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Try it. It's kind of like tempering a blade, and that extra time really helps that rendered fat meld into the meat oh so nicely.

As long as you're comfortable you can hold the temp, of course.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:16 PM   #53
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Try it. It's kind of like tempering a blade, and that extra time really helps that rendered fat meld into the meat oh so nicely.

As long as you're comfortable you can hold the temp, of course.
I appreciate the suggestion. But I’m not going to do that. I’m working hard enough for family and friends. I’m not sure an extra 4hrs of rest will produce an exponential result. But I will say, Q sometimes is better as leftovers. Which is usually for me! Time for me to rest for 6hrs.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:27 PM   #54
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

You wrapping or going bare?

If wrapping... paper, foil or boat? Or are you a seranwrap heathen?

If bare on the cook, any after wrap?
Old 05-12-2023, 05:33 AM   #55
bambino
Valued Poster

I use peach butcher paper for brisket and butts. Foil for pork ribs. I don’t wrap beef ribs. Leftovers go in tins covered with foil.
Old 05-12-2023, 09:58 AM   #56
Jacuzzme
Premium Access

Encounters: 43

What’s the best way to to do ribs on a grill? Top shelf on low heat for a long time?
Jacuzzme is online now   Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 10:47 AM   #57
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
What’s the best way to to do ribs on a grill? Top shelf on low heat for a long time?
I’ve only cooked them from indirect heat. Mebbe lay some foil over the flames in the grates. Put them on the top rack

To be honest, it’s just easier to cook them in your oven. You can control the temperature and there’s no direct heat and cook evenly. They’ll turn out just fine. Minus the smoke flavor.
Old 05-12-2023, 12:14 PM   #58
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Try this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RcdNtbc59Kw

Malcolm knows his way around meat.

If you want to add smoke, get a pellet tube or pellet maze and you'll get some smoke on the meat. Some, not much. But enough to notice.

A-MAZE-N tubes are one brand and available on Amazon and in many hardware stores during grilling season. If you go to Ace or Home Depot or Lowes you can also grab pellets.
Old 05-12-2023, 12:38 PM   #59
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Try this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RcdNtbc59Kw

Malcolm knows his way around meat.

If you want to add smoke, get a pellet tube or pellet maze and you'll get some smoke on meat.

A-MAZE-N tubes are one brand and available on Amazon and in many hardware stores during grilling season. If you go to Ace or Home Depot or Lowes you can also grab pellets.
Reed is an excellent source for all things BBQ. His online store has everything you need. Go to his website, How to Barbecue Right.

https://howtobbqright.com/
Old 05-27-2023, 07:31 AM   #60
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Bam, since we're both husky fellows, I assume you have used olive, maple, plum and almond woods for smoking.

What have your results been?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women