Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41515
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35880
Mojojo33117

Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #46
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Do I really need to explain the difference between banning an assault weapon outright and permitting people to carry a concealed handgun?

You do realize those are NOT contradictory propositions, don't you?

You have conflated two separate issues under the general heading of "gun control" and think that the Texas law is somehow contradicted by the federal law. It isn't.
you cant read

I stated the Lubys incident has no relevence with anything even closely related to the gun situation we are facing today ... like whirlie, revisit should you so desire. I'm through tallking to a wall ... G'day.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #47
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I provided multiple links that proved your statement wrong; but you still are living in denial...

Now it's time for you to prove your statement that "Luby's had NOTHING to do with concealed carry passing"

Put some facts on the table, or shut the fuck up !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #48
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBeldin View Post
You act as if the whole handgun situation is so cut and dried. It is not. Reasonable people can have very different ideas of what should be done, but the majority of people on here do not wish to be reasonable. They want to make political points. They want to say "My side wins, your side loses."

What do you propose to keep guns out of the hands of future George Hennards? I am expecting you to say "nothing", and make some argument that if Dr Hupp had a gun, everything would have ended happily. I hope that is not your answer for that is far too simplistic. Suppose she did, and she was shot while trying to shoot him. All her gun would do is provide extra ammunition for Hennards.
And suppose she wasn't shot and ended the incident before her parents were killed? That scenario is easily as valid as yours. She lived through the terror of helplessly cowering on the floor while those around her, including her parents were murdered. She had a gun in her vehicle, a chance to fight back, if only she'd been permitted to have it with her.

I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with her many years ago doing a photo shoot for a magazine, you will not meet a more sincere and focused individual (she was also quiet hot).
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #49
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I personally listend to the debate on the Senate floor, and "Luby's" was ignored as an issue ... in fact the debate rivaled the debate over daylight savings time in hilarity.

Most of the time was spent on how to "notify" other citizens (e.g. lapel pins) that a "license holder" was carrying a "CONCEALED" weapon.

The people who are severely absent from the discussion about "private, amateur policing" by CHL holders are the professional policers who the taxpayers pay to police.

IMO: If you wanta be a cop, go get the training and be one. (Some of you might want to be selective in your application selection and be aware of physicial agility requirements and mandatory polygraphs.)

But, of course, you know that the police, by court ruling, are not obligated to protect anybody or anything, right? So, your equating self protection to "private, amateur policing" is pretty ridiculous now, isn't it? The CHL discussion was never about investigating or arresting which are the only aspects of "policing" the court says is required by the "professional policers".
Old 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #50
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
But, of course, you know that the police, by court ruling, are not obligated to protect anybody or anything, right? .
Try telling that to the spouse or family of a police officer who was killed in the line of duty.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #51
CJ7
Valued Poster

cops cars need to stop advertising "to protect and Serve" on their doors
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #52
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Try telling that to the spouse or family of a police officer who was killed in the line of duty.
I didn't make the ruling, the court did.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po...otus.html?_r=0

As sad as it is that anyone is killed in the line of duty, I simply don't see the point of your post.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #53
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
But, of course, you know that the police, by court ruling, are not obligated to protect anybody or anything, right? So, your equating self protection to "private, amateur policing" is pretty ridiculous now, isn't it? The CHL discussion was never about investigating or arresting which are the only aspects of "policing" the court says is required by the "professional policers".
The holder of a CHL is also "not required" to act. And your point?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #54
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I didn't make the ruling, the court did.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po...otus.html?_r=0

As sad as it is that anyone is killed in the line of duty, I simply don't see the point of your post.
The point is it doesn't matter what the court has decreed. Whether they are obligated to do so or not, policemen and women put their lives on the line every day to protect citizens. In 2011, 165 law enforcement officers died, 70 of whom were shot.

Since you cited the statement, you obviously must believe it. Or were you trying to make some other point by citing it?
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women